Author Topic: Rise of Legends  (Read 4425 times)

Offline Nossirah

• the catcher in the rye
Rise of Legends
« on: May 18, 2005, 01:42:03 am »
I was just finished reading up about this game, I don't know if anyone has played Rise of Nations before, but instead of having a Rise of Nations 2 they came out with this. http://www.riseoflegends.com/

Basically, they are taking the old gameplay (or so I hear) and putting it in a fantasy world. It looks really good, graphic-wise and I really hope that BigHuge pulls through like they did with RoN. Because, quite frankly, it was one of the best - if not the best - RTSs ever made.
The irony could kill me...

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
Re: Rise of Legends
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 04:36:11 am »
I never played RoN, RoL looks great....they both look great actually maybe i'll get round to it someday.

But Dawn of War will always ALWAYS be the best RTS ever for the simple reason that it has Space Marine Dreadnoughts that shout "BURN HERETIC" at any available opportunity, opportunities which usually involve punching their fist through someone and rotating it at high speeds.

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 10:09:17 am »
Space Marine Dreadnoughts that shout "BURN HERETIC" at any available opportunity

I just realized I missed out a great game.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 11:42:00 pm »
I own Rise of Nations, it was ok at best in my opinion. If the gameplay in the new one is anything like RoN I doubt I'll bother with it. I wish someone would make games like the good old TD/RA/TA.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 04:46:31 am »
played Dawn of War ankle? I really cant reinforce my enthusiasm for this game enough. And Space Marine Dreadnoughts in general.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 08:54:08 am »
played Dawn of War ankle? I really cant reinforce my enthusiasm for this game enough. And Space Marine Dreadnoughts in general.
I've been meaning to give that a try. Short on money though. (And/or bandwidth.) :\
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 09:03:43 pm »
I love Dawn of war and i think that GW is a  bunch of money grubbing assholes.

I can not wait for Winter Assault.. I've seen clips about it, to give each of the imperial gaurdsman individuality, their appearance is randomly generated.  I've seen a clip with a short gaurdsman in the middle of a group of tall ones...

Love the orks though I can't play them well, too...  They're easily the most characterful race in ANY  RTS I've ever played..
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 01:31:22 am »
Orks as a general rule suck. after a week of play I dont think I ever got stomped by an ork player. Hopefully they'll address this in Winter Assault. Which looks great, I'm so glad they picked Imperial Guard as the new player race - cant think of any other 40k races i'd really like to play as