Author Topic: Stepmania/DWI  (Read 10896 times)

Offline HMP22

Stepmania/DWI
« on: May 17, 2005, 04:15:26 am »
Sup guys, this thread existed before so I thought I'd recreate it. To date I've made two MaSu DWIs, Winterstorm and Sidstyler Tricky. The former could use some work, and I'm planning to release Winterstorm v2 soon, but it's not too shabby. Sidstyler Tricky, on the other hand, is extremely awesome IMO.

You can get them both at Bemanistyle.com, just go to the simfile database and search for my username (HMP22).

I've also made 8 other DWIs which are on there too.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
Re: Stepmania/DWI
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 06:03:42 am »
Guess I should figure out what a DWI is before I go through that huge slow regisration process and download what is basically the song and some files for a game I don't even know what is. :P

Hehe

Care to enlighten?

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 12:58:06 pm »
DDR ripoff, that's all you really need to know.
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 02:51:19 am »
DWI is a format for DDR simulators.  My favorite is StepMania.

Spiff needs to make some new ones :)   Iji is awesome, of course, but DDR must not be forgotten.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 01:36:50 am »
Oh yeah, here are my old simfiles for Stepmania/Dance With Intensity.

Aquatic Combat, Divine the Dogblood, JnG and Phreak are the best. Archangels, Hybrid, and Terran Assault are not of the same quality. The rest are fine, I think. All of them have three difficulty levels. I just love how totally evil Phreak sounds as you dance to it... perfect for when your granny and her nervous dog are visiting. Or something. :P

Oh, and I do have a few more simfiles than those, namely the heavy Firefield (F-Zero GX) and an evil Neocon+The Noose marathon (The Offspring), complete with dark backgrounds from my comic... the problem being that those songs are illegal to distribute. If you're interested, here are the two changing backgrounds for The Noose: one, two.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 01:43:37 am by Spiff »

Offline Rikku

• We love you =)
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 08:43:31 pm »
Spiff your backgrounds for Machinae songs just ROCK ! Amazing ! bravo  :D

but the arrows are a little too easy, are you planning to do some challenge or improved heavy mode? It would be fun =)

Anyway the songs are pretty fun to play ^^ nice work

*applause*

Offline Spiff

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 11:35:04 pm »
Thanks. ^^ The backgrounds in Divine the Dogblood, Killer Instinct and Phreak are art from my comic. Hybrid is a random drawing of mine, inspired by Machinae music. Earthbound is a fanart for my comic from a friend. Archangels, Death from Above and JnG are offical Jet's'Guns art. Aquatic Combat and Terran assault are screens from the game they came from, Stargunner. Sidstyler is... well, I just went crazy on Sidstyler. :p

As for the steps, did you think Divine and Phreak to be too easy? I still haven't managed to completely AA them on my dancemat (but I've been close). I don't want to make the songs *too* hard though, and I always want to have three difficulty levels, as most poeple don't like super-hard songs with only Challenge difficulty. In essence, what you see on Heavy/Hard in my songs is roughly how skillful I was at the moment I made them. Hybrid was one of the first, Phreak and Death from Above were the latest. Overall, I jsut want them to be fun and cool to dance, though. Man, I want to get over to my dad's house and have a go on my pad again now...

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 11:55:19 pm »
yeah :) i like when its 3 different difficulties :)

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2005, 04:04:47 am »
Check your PMs Spiff :)

Offline Rikku

• We love you =)
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2005, 08:52:01 am »
4 difficulty levels is better then 3  ;D

by the way I've never got the courage to start creating some steps... so I just bless your work  and keep having fun with that 8)

Offline Spiff

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2005, 06:51:59 pm »
Well, but I'm not good enough to make even harder steps... if I can't beat my own steps, I don't know how difficult (or even possible) they are. I don't think I could just throw in some extra steps here and there. :p

And making steps is pretty easy. The most difficult thing is to find the exact BPM though.

Offline Rikku

• We love you =)
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2005, 07:59:27 pm »
Hum you see Giana Sisters in Challenge level? that's hot ^^ i've beat it only one time and got a C ( got a B five minutes ago  :D  i'm the king fo the wooooooooooooorld!!!!). And the steps are just amazing.

And, how to say... I like to play the games made, not make the games to play  ;D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 10:37:53 pm by Rikku »

Offline stv2049

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2005, 10:12:47 pm »
Glad you are enjoy.

I authored those steps. The Great Giana Sisters won DDREI's Tournamix2 way back when.

I personally have NEVER beaten the challenge steps, although I FC'ed the Heavy steps.

Hum you see Giana Sisters in Challenge level? that's hot ^^ i've beat it only one time and got a C. And the steps are just amazing.

And, how to say... I like to play the games made, not make the games to play  ;D
--
Steve Riesenberger
Game Designer

Offline Rikku

• We love you =)
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2005, 10:17:46 pm »
what you mean by FC'ed?  ???

so your steps are really cool. Good work! *respects*
It's my most played song in my 1500 songs list  ;D

love it

*launch Stepmania*

*prepare fingers*

Offline Spiff

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2005, 11:10:39 pm »
Say, where can I get this Great Giana Sisters simfile? :)

And by FC, I assume it means Full Combo (get a grade of Great or better on every arrow, if I remember correctly).