Author Topic: Anybody recommend some music?  (Read 34139 times)

Lexx

Re: Anybody recommend some music?
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2005, 01:30:49 am »
Are you suggesting Machinae Supremacy are adolescent whiney crap?

Lx.

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2005, 03:12:34 am »
BURRRRRRRRRN HIMMMMMMMM!!!!!

* DuGAE was just waiting for an excuse to use his new Tammy Fay's WitchFlamer 8000, new from LoserTech.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2005, 03:38:20 am »
No Lexx, they're adult whiney crap :D

Tammy Faye rocks the house. hXc.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Layson Juravis

• R.I.P. Max
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2005, 05:24:12 am »
Well, a few extra suggestions:

Arcade Fire - Funeral. It's a small indie rock band that exploded into the Montreal scene and around in 2004. The melodic lines are catchy, the vibes are easy going and I just love it. Was drive down from up with family this week-end, and we all liked it. And... that... is... odd.

King Crimson - Wake of Poseidon: Yeah, so it's 34 years old. It doesn't make it any less enjoyable. Although quite similar in spirit to the first King Crimson album, this is full of pieces that should be classic. Devil's triangle is what Holst would have composed had rock instrumentation been around in his time.

Hanker - Snakes and Ladders: No nonesense power metal, great energy. Superb druming and the rythym guitar riffs are top tier. Sucks the mixing comes off as noisy at times. But I just love 'em, going to see them with Angra in September, but they're much better than Angra in my mind.

Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son: Come on, Number of the Beast is great and all, but too many people forget this frigging awesome piece of work. Adrian Smith's last shine with the band before the comeback in 2000, and the synth texture backs the music better than in any Maiden album.
Another visitor...
Stay a while...
Stay forever!!

Mouhouhouhahaha

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2005, 01:54:36 am »
Aigh, I hate The Arcade Fire. Conversely, I love King Crimson.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

chompy

« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2005, 04:17:33 am »
Nightwish
Generally I find their older stuff is much better then their newer stuff. Although their newer stuff is also quite good.
Stargazers - Fast, up beat
Dark Chest of Wonders
Pharoah Sails To Orion - One of their heaviest tracks, with added growling - not the fake stuff

Sonata Arctica
 I found it very hard to get into this group although I'm finding them quite good. I recommend:
Tallulah
Wolf And Raven - Just for the solo
Sing In Silence - Very chilling/cryptic lyrics,

Symphony X
If you like power metal you'll like them, you can download a few from their site. I Find them to be very calming lyrics and music, somthing you can just kick back and listen to. Reminds me a bit like the sidology eps 1 and 3
Awakenings
The Accolade
Communion And the Oracle