Author Topic: Xbox 2 (AKA Xbox 360)  (Read 24101 times)

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
Re: Xbox 2 (AKA Xbox 360)
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2005, 02:24:48 am »
Yeah, but you can't go on Xbox Live.. although some mods have a switch so that you can.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2005, 04:34:36 am »
Thats not a problem, I really don't think I'd ever pay to play games online that are not MMORPGs. The idea of playing any region of DVDs on a decent DVD player interests me greatly as does Perfect Dark Zero unless they port that to PC.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Scythe

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2005, 04:42:37 am »
Ugh! Reasons to own an xbox:

Xbox Live
Voice Communication
Better In-Game Playlist Management
Halo
Halo 2
Phantom Dust (killer game, only 20 bucks too)
Tom Clancy games such as Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Top of the line racing games like Midnight Club 3 Dub Ed and Forza Motorsports

Hell, to be honest, I bought a second Xbox just so my fiancee could Halo 2 with me. That was a good enough reason alone to not own one xbox, but TWO. :P
Also note that Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is multi-console, so that crosses off one on the reasons to own an x-box list

A few of those other ones are personal opinion, I found both Halo games to be boring unless playing with other people, and even then the fun only lasts so long...for a game to be any good in my mind it should not rely on one mode of play, but rather the game as a whole should be good...

I also don't really like racing games all that much

And to get rid of the rest, the Revolution will be tailored to online play, Nintendo has confirmed this...

My opinion is that I'd rather own Nintendo systems, sure I'm not expecting anyone to switch over, but I'm just saying that none of the reasons to own an xbox actually work for me

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2005, 07:45:12 am »
Perfect Dark Zero...  *so much drool*

I'm looking forward to all of the next-gen systems.  A good game is a good game is a good game is a grammatical error.  Console wars = teh suck.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2005, 10:41:56 am »
I actually really enjoyed Halo single player campaigns.

As far as Chaos Theory, the only two real options if you enjoy online versus mode are Xbox and PC - And I despise PC control system for Chaos Theory, just feels so much more natural with a controller.

Thats why I left that one on the list :).

I am looking forward to seeing what the Revolution and the PS3 have to offer, but neither interest me as much from past experience as the Xbox console. I use to be very, very big into PS2 and wouldn't give Xbox a chance. Something changed me, gave it a shot, and simply enjoy it more overall at this point in time. We'll see how it all plays out when all the sequals release to their respective systems, but so far I'm just more into Xbox :).

I know Halo seems to be a love it or hate it thing though, I'm actually more looking forward to the next Halo's singleplayer than I am multiplayer though. I really like the story, the gameplay, and the feel of the universe.

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2005, 12:11:43 pm »
I hope the new XBOX is as moddable as its predecessor. I would miss my Media Center. Newest thing I found out is that there is a script to stream live TV from your PC to the XBOX. Goodbye TV reciever!

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2005, 05:30:28 pm »
on a modded xbox you can play any-region games and dvds. you can't use xbox live but you can get alternatives which run on the pc and trick the xbox into thinking it's on a system link.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2005, 08:08:16 pm »
Yeah, but you can't go on Xbox Live.. although some mods have a switch so that you can.

Well, if I'm not mistaken, certain mods let you go on other Live-ish networks. And these are free.

I agree that the main problem with the xbox is a lack of exclusive games. They do have Halo2 and Ninja Gaiden, though, which have both gotten excellent reviews. In the case of Ninja Gaiden, it's deserved, too (I'm biased against FPSs on consoles, but when Halo2 comes for the PC, or I buy a mouse and keyboard for my xbox (they do exist) I'll play it, and I'll probably like it). And DoA is the best fighting game out there. Much cooler than any Tekken version.

One thing I don't like about Xbox 2 is that it won't have a harddisk. I really hope they have the possibility of inserting a harddisk.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 08:10:37 pm by Torp »
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2005, 08:16:22 pm »
the xbox 2 will have a slot for an external hardrive (which i think will be up to 20gigs).

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2005, 09:24:55 pm »
Haha, laughable  ;D

• Twitter
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2005, 10:56:35 pm »
And DoA is the best fighting game out there. Much cooler than any Tekken version.

DoA Beach Volleyball ^_^ Sometimes, pretty girls are all I need to buy a game. Not often though.

I suppose the only reason I haven't bought an Xbox is the lack of RPGs. Yeah I really wanna play Fable and Sudeki, but not enough to warrant buying a whole machine. Hopefully Xbox 360 will have a few more niche titles too.

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2005, 12:39:01 am »
DoA 2 Ultimate is great, with tons of unlockable costumes... school girl uniforms...  ;D

• Twitter
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2005, 12:40:28 am »
And the Xbox uniforms.... yum :P

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2005, 01:57:27 am »
External hard drives? So it will use Firewire or USB then? I could plug in my external drive and watch 300Gb of pr0n anime on HDTV. mmm...

And the Xbox uniforms.... yum :P
What about Starfleet uniforms? :P
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2005, 08:42:30 am »
Why has no publisher ever thought about a Star Trek fighting game? There's money to be made!