Author Topic: Iji - Oct Demo.. ;)  (Read 43732 times)

Offline Spiff

Re: Iji - Oct Demo.. ;)
« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2005, 11:57:28 pm »
It's a good start for a versatile character, though. Beating the optional Elite in Sector 2 either requires skill or a "tank" character, using powerful weapons and having alot of health. The Buster gun (Shotgun + Machinegun) is particularly designed to take single large enemies out, though, because it makes them stagger continuously.

Smeagol

« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2005, 11:58:50 pm »
I thought the Tasen Elite were the guys with rockets in the first place? Also the kick dodging mechanism is evil =)

Offline Spiff

« Reply #167 on: October 05, 2005, 01:11:00 am »
The red guys are Commanders, while the single yellow enemy in Sector 2 is an Elite. In fact, it's an Elite armed with its secondary weapon setup (dual Machinegun, Spread rockets, MPFB Devastator, melee attack), making it even more powerful than a regular Elite. Some other enemies also have secondary weapon setups, like the Commander guarding the terminal that opens the medical bay, who is armed with Spread rockets. Some Soldiers also use Spread rockets, too.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #168 on: October 05, 2005, 01:44:08 am »
I wonder - what strenght do you need to have to kick yourself through the doors on the "last" level? I know it's possible to get the right level for the hacking, but I wonder if it's possible to get both Strenght and Hack high enough to get in and not be able to pick up the weapons, as you won't have enough Tasen.

Killed the Tasen Elite on Extreme without the Buster Gun. It was a close call, but still, I did it. And I only had 6 dots of health (that is, I upgraded it twice).

Skill tip: Jump over the enemies. Discharge your gun, jump over the enemy, and give him a shotgun to his back. Repeat.

It's not possible to use this tactic agains the Elite, though, as the roof is too low.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 02:06:42 am by Torp »
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #169 on: October 05, 2005, 01:59:50 am »
I think I'll wait for the final version to come out
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Spiff

« Reply #170 on: October 05, 2005, 03:35:52 am »
I wonder - what strenght do you need to have to kick yourself through the doors on the "last" level? I know it's possible to get the right level for the hacking, but I wonder if it's possible to get both Strenght and Hack high enough to get in and not be able to pick up the weapons, as you won't have enough Tasen.

No, it's not possible to get a high enough Crack and Strength at the same time to get through both doors in "Sector 3". In fact, you're only one level short. :p Just kick the second door, and it'll tell you what Strength level you need. I originally intended to let the player enter these rooms, but even without being able to pick the weapons up, you would be able to see their stat requirements by walking into them, which is sort of minor spoilers.

Repeatedly jumping over the Elite is also a bit risky, considering you don't want an MPFB or rocket in the back. If you stand close to him when the MPFB goes off, though, he'll will deal 9 HP damage to himself in the triple explosion (but Iji only takes 3 HP damage from the first projectile, because she's invincible until she stops blinking after her health has been damaged once). If you're very good, you could also crack the Elite himself (requires a Crack stat of 6), and wait until he tries firing a rocket or MPFB - since you messed up his nanotechnology, it'll blow up in his face, and since he's smart enough not to try firing it again, he'll be stuck with just the Machinegun and melee attack. If you're even luckier, the process of cracking the Elite has a chance of halving his total hit points.

Magicman: That's no fun.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #171 on: October 05, 2005, 03:59:11 am »
Spiff: It's more fun for me, in the end.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Smeagol

« Reply #172 on: October 05, 2005, 06:58:47 pm »
Skill tip: Jump over the enemies. Discharge your gun, jump over the enemy, and give him a shotgun to his back. Repeat.

It's not possible to use this tactic agains the Elite, though, as the roof is too low.

I spent most of the game ducking behind stuff, running away if it was destroyed. If that happened, then I'd drop down a level, and wait for them to turn around, shoot, drop, repeat.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #173 on: October 05, 2005, 09:18:41 pm »
Well, I really think you should allow for that small spoiler, if somebody actually go through without upgrading anything but crack and strenght.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Smeagol

« Reply #174 on: October 05, 2005, 09:23:44 pm »
Buster gun is overpowered in the demo. Machine is underpowered. Very fun though. I'll need to play through it again without missing out on some of the secrets.

MDX

« Reply #175 on: October 05, 2005, 09:39:38 pm »
Aye just realised some fuck ups in vodka and orange juicce.. gona post a link to the fresh song.. you might not notice but yeah

Offline Spiff

« Reply #176 on: October 05, 2005, 10:24:32 pm »
Actually, the Machinegun is more ammunition efficient. It deals 100 armor damage per ammo unit, while the Buster gun deals only 72 (if all pellets hit). Notice how rapidly it eats your Machinegun ammo supply, though obviously, it's better for situations where you need to deal damage fast.

So, anyone gotten up to that tiny alcove with various ammunition near the start of Sector 2? Still waiting for someone to discover and crack the "alien counting machine", too. :P

Smeagol

« Reply #177 on: October 05, 2005, 10:42:14 pm »
That sounds like a challenge!

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #178 on: October 05, 2005, 10:43:16 pm »
for me, the sounds is crappy, and lags

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

MDX

« Reply #179 on: October 05, 2005, 11:06:46 pm »
Sucks for you =)

edit: http://amgproperties.co.uk/vodka-and-orange-juice-3.mp3 Took out some sounds.. my pc is falling apart, so the recordings went in out of sync.. ill be getting a new one soon hopefully though.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 11:11:30 pm by megadokyo »