Author Topic: Iji - Oct Demo.. ;)  (Read 43679 times)

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
Re: Iji - Oct Demo.. ;)
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2005, 01:56:03 pm »
Credits must always be as long as possible, to impress people.
So put them in there.

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

MDX

« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2005, 09:17:49 pm »
What trez said, and dan and jay go into the credits without question, they did mega amounts of work in the tracks as i did.

Chris Geehan
Dan Byrne McCullough
Jay Stevenson

Smeagol

« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2005, 09:34:42 pm »
Damn you three and good soundtrack making skills!

Spiff: How much more do you have to do? We need the demo!

Offline Spiff

« Reply #153 on: October 03, 2005, 10:23:33 pm »
I'm just finishing it up and doing the final tests, I wanted to post it this evening/night. :)

Smeagol

« Reply #154 on: October 03, 2005, 10:24:54 pm »
Yay ^_^ Something else to do except contest the Skiprock title with Geezus.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #155 on: October 03, 2005, 11:50:15 pm »
Okay, here it is, Alpha demo 2 (October demo). Note that it hasn't gone through the final tests yet, but it should be bugfree. :) I just spent the last ten minutes throwing in and testing a time counter on the Sector Clear screen. :p

Iji alpha demo 2

Iji music (place the songs in the same directory as the game)

The music isn't necessary to run the demo, but adds a ton of feeling to the menu and Sector 1, thanks to MDX and friends. Seriously, the music rules, go get it. :) Sector 2 has a placeholder song though, the good old Officially Destroyed, but MDX will send me an updated soundtrack for this demo later. :)

Again, I don't think the first two Sectors are nything like the later ones (which have more action, better weapons and enemies), and you only get a glimpse of the story, but I hope you'll like it. See if you can find everything in this demo... it's bursting with secrets. :)

Don't be shy on the feedback. Is Iji easier to control since the first demo? Is there too much text in the tutorial (first part of Sector 1)? Does the game make sense at all?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 11:52:22 pm by Spiff »

Smeagol

« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2005, 12:45:42 am »
Big yellow thing, wth?! Brilliant game. Could do with a run key though.  Iji is easier to move around, nice work. Great PMS style moment as well

"What do you mean, I couldn't handle it?"
"Don't take everything so personally"

Offline Spiff

« Reply #157 on: October 04, 2005, 12:51:15 am »
Big yellow thing, wth?!
What, you found the Tasen Elite already? Bring a Buster gun and alot of health. ;)

Could do with a run key though.
Well, she runs notably faster than in the previous demo. Running even faster isn't really necessary, and imbalances her to faster enemies (the only enemy that is faster than the others in this demo is the Tasen Elite).

Smeagol

« Reply #158 on: October 04, 2005, 12:54:57 am »
Yeah, maybe running around everywhere after picking up the jump power up (jump boots, I loled) was probably a bad idea. Level 9 was probably WAY too weak. Will play it for stupid amount of time on wednesday, tommorow I have to help out the drama dept. for an open evening.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #159 on: October 04, 2005, 01:03:23 am »
tommorow I have to help out the drama dept. for an open evening.

bah... i had to spend my whole evening today showing random parents and kids around the school *yaaaaaaaaaawn*

back on topic... i'll check out the demo next time im in windows, i've got high hopes!!

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #160 on: October 04, 2005, 02:07:03 am »
Sweet.

I've yet to play on extreme, though. That was the difficulty you designed just for me, after I complained about how easy games were today, right?
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Spiff

« Reply #161 on: October 04, 2005, 02:53:39 am »
Sweet.

I've yet to play on extreme, though. That was the difficulty you designed just for me, after I complained about how easy games were today, right?

Yeah, but it'll be more evident the later into the game you get - on Normal, the max level at the end of the game is 50, while on Extreme it's only 30. Add in Security boxes that sometimes explode when you fail to crack them, enemies that dodge projectiles/kicks more often, bosses with more health that use "super-moves" which are sometimes unstoppable (but avoidable), and a shorter cracking time. And with such a low max level, you have to prioritize your stats much better, and you'll weild fewer weapons.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #162 on: October 04, 2005, 04:51:50 pm »
w00t !!

New demo !

Awesome, ill check it out once i get home *waves in school monitor cam*

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2005, 05:43:28 pm »
Big yellow thing, wth?!
What, you found the Tasen Elite already? Bring a Buster gun and alot of health. ;)

Killed the Elite easily without the use of a buster gun. In fact, I was somehow hindered from going back and upgrading my weapon (The path had been blocked by a large piece of wall), so I had to kill him without it. I have to admit, it wasn't on the hardest difficulty.

And me, who'd upgraded my hack to 5 to see how the shotgun/blast-thing-gun worked.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Smeagol

« Reply #164 on: October 04, 2005, 11:01:29 pm »
Yeah, I should perhaps have priotiserd stats better. 3 in health, 3 in cracking, 2 in str and 3 in Tasen isn't really enough.