Author Topic: Iji - Oct Demo.. ;)  (Read 43727 times)

MDX

Re: Iji - Game/Soundtrack Progress
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2005, 03:38:14 pm »
It that a song for your band, or one for Iji? Because I need it. :p :) I guess the only critiscism is the sound quality, but since it's just a short clip I guess you have a better version (or can record one).

Yeah the sound quality is drab, i need to get up to Andys to record it all out, but im doing the entire song in rough then bringing it up so he can do the REAL guitars on it (that was crappy synth guitars, loser sound patches, had to make my own, still sucked =P)

But it was actually just part of a project of me finally creating a full and proper complicated and GOOD song on my own, so far its ok i guess, i have some ideas, but im not sure where im gonna go with Cosmic Architects yet, at all really. Hence me ending it so quickly in the preview. The drums will probably be a bit more long running, i.e. each rhythm will have its time to shine, imparticularly the cool ride one, i quite liked that one, its a bit off time, but thats audacitys fault. :@!!!!!

Andy's given moi ProTracks so gonna install that, see how it goes, send him over stuff and hopefully get something complete soon enough, i've created songs in the past, but i've never sat down and thought REALLY hard about how the song will go, i want this song to be special, so most of what you heard will be redone and made better i'd like to thing, how you like my crappy orchestra intro lol :P the sound card on this pc will not do me justice so yeah, itll have to be done at Andys house basically.

*sigh* a r0ckers day is never done.

Thanks for the feedback.

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2005, 10:30:22 am »
Ah, Audacity. Sort of nice for small-scale projects, but it can be unbearable for actual songs. You'll like Pro Tracks.

Also, Cosmic Architects = w00t. Nothing really wrong with it that I can hear. Just get the high quality version recored soon ;)

MDX

« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2005, 01:10:24 am »
Recorded this piece in the last hour, its actually the concept idea for the next part of that song, but i took it too far and just made it into a quiet forest track, ahm.. yeah ill  be remolding it to fit my ideas for the continuation of Cosmic Architects. But enjoy eitherway, just posting it here because my stuff gets drowned out in the "my own projects" thread =)

http://paul-holland.com/Concept-part3.mp3

It'll be up in.. soon time. *uploads*

Offline Spiff

« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2005, 09:25:12 pm »
I think I've decided... I'll go back to Iji, and actually work has already been slowly resuming. I'm writing logbooks, coding a simple elevator system (the game world would be boring without it), continuing to plan the game world, and I just finished planning a "sidequest" of sorts. I won't give it away, but it's pretty cruel... unless you beat the sidequest, at which point you won't get any real reward, except for knowing much later that you saved someone's life instead of killing him. I do what I can do make the game world feel "whole", and that you affect it more than probably any other individual on the planet. The aliens also know this.

While I'm giddy to come up with new ideas, I keep my goals realistic. I won't expand the core gameplay much further or at all from the current alpha version (which is sleeker than the old, public demo many of you played). I'll add the elevators, but that's pretty much it. Then it's on to the levels, enemies and other "lesser" stuff, plus the logbooks. I wonder, if I work hard enough and really concentrate this time, maybe I can finish it before 2006? That'd totally rule. :)

Concept-part3.mp3: I really like this, it's beautiful. :) It's calm but has a serious tone. Great work! Oh, and I can't stop listening to "House of mirrors". Freakin' brilliant. :o
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 09:54:52 pm by Spiff »

MDX

« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2005, 12:02:15 am »
Thank you KemoSabi.

I made Concept-Part3 ( i.e. Celestial Architects part 2 only extended/improved) for the mountain trip, just for the mourne mountain power feel, VisionThing was up with me, i have no pics of us r0cking, im a fool.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2005, 09:01:10 pm »
bwahaha that was awesome, who owned that camera that I took the ultimate rockstar pic of you completely by accident with?

MDX

« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2005, 01:16:28 am »
LOL that was my camera, i have the picture.. i shall upload..

(uploads........... each dot represents 30 seconds gotomyspaceforfadetoblackcoverpreviewdownload *gasp*)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/aeganskyes/000_2302.jpg

I look wrong in it, my face aint THAT long.. but oh well.. long faced rockstar, i dont mind, as long as its only in photos :)

Offline Spiff

« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2005, 02:51:24 am »
That's like... the ultimate r0ckstar. You can almost hear that "sheeen!" sound effect coming from the lens flare on the sunglasses.

Smeagol

« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2005, 02:55:22 am »
MDX- Part horse

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2005, 05:47:10 am »
I like the ear-thing.

MDX

« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2005, 11:39:38 am »
MDX- Part horse

LOL

took a few reads and glances to my face to get that, but +50. Good show, hell another +100.

+150 overall.

Lol yes spiff, it would seem i may just be the ULTIMATE rockstar of this century. Fear me r0ckstarability, and thanks turtle, it was a quick buy on the way down to the mourne mountains, my black one fell out and fell apart =( D:

Offline sag_ich_nicht

• Battleaxe Asshole
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2005, 11:48:36 am »
Hey everyone, I'm back once again. I just had no time to come by or test Iji. SORRY. Life is evil. :-\ Anything i missed?
"Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist.
Children already know that monsters exist.
Fairy tales teach children that monsters can be killed."

G. K. Chesterton

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2005, 01:12:56 am »
That's like... the ultimate r0ckstar. You can almost hear that "sheeen!" sound effect coming from the lens flare on the sunglasses.

I took it completely by accident by just flinging the camera in his general direction and pressing the button!

MDX

« Reply #118 on: August 15, 2005, 08:21:47 pm »
The best photographer i ever knew, ill miss him.

MDX

Re: Iji - NEW UPDATE!
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2005, 12:04:08 am »
Well its not a complete track, but its basis for an in game piece, industrial rock more so.. not much to it at the moment, just one line of synth and one line of bass, and a single drum line in the background, more layering will be done in time, rightn ow, i hjave beer and cba.

AYY!

thats yay. with wrong lettering.

SMESH YESH

http://dakkadesigns.com/iji-industrial.mp3

Courtesy of myself and Kev, no feedback would be appreciated :P muhahaha

*grabs beer*