Author Topic: Iji - Oct Demo.. ;)  (Read 43676 times)

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
Re: Iji - Game/Soundtrack Progress
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2005, 08:44:00 pm »
good question, maybe I'll start a thread about that too.

chompy

« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2005, 03:21:23 am »
I will fully back this motion.

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2005, 08:32:18 pm »
as you may have noticed by now: i'm not going to start the threads.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2005, 12:17:09 am »
Well, please don't send this thread too far off-topic at least. :) Otherwise mine and Megadokyo's various announcments/comments on the soundtrack/game will drown among the other posts. :P

Smeagol

« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2005, 12:18:23 am »
Throw them a lifebuoy then!

Where has MDX been recently? Forum seems quieter, I'm assuming his non-appearance is the reason.

MDX

« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2005, 01:08:32 pm »
well noticed, i haven't been on the forum as much, been doing more offline activities, making music and ideas.. some of my very favourite ideas actually. But yes, nay blatherage.

PJ go to the kings head tonite for kevs end of year gig. Its gonna r0ck your skin off.

All of it.

................ your full stops returned btw.

Also: playing Jedi Knights 3, quite addictive, if anybody else plays and wants to r0ck lemme know, i love this thing! *wawmp*

Smeagol

« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2005, 01:25:15 pm »
Also: playing Jedi Knights 3, quite addictive, if anybody else plays and wants to r0ck lemme know, i love this thing! *wawmp*

Sure, if I can find the CD again. And maybe after I win it for the third time on Jedi Master.

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2005, 01:40:48 am »
went to see Sin City instead: it rocked all of my skin off...twice

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2005, 01:09:45 pm »
Sin City was fucking quality.

MDX

« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2005, 10:00:19 pm »
Ill be honest.

Lately my attention hasnt been on the soundtrack, trying to get a hold of guitarists to help me has been, 2 people imparticular, Jay and Andy. I'm not looking for offers of other persons services, though its appreciated =)

Anyway, nothing new really.. well yeah stuff new, being worked on, but i figured i'd let you guys hear some of the new sounds i've been tweaking in the last short while. This is my newer Synth Lead sound, don't know if it's the best way to showcase it, but you'll hear more of it throughout the soundtracks progression. Just rocking to a typical power metal drum beat, the drum tracks will not all take this similar form =) As i do want alot of variation in the outcomes of each and every track. This is all me, alas, no guitars, but there is a fine piece on my pc of me and andy doing solo battles, and theyre good solos, godamnit theyre good, thanks to andy that is, he taught me a new way of laying down a solo.

Am i the last to know about this setting solos up in phases? It is still all improv, but its improv in burst fire, and comes out as a full solo at the end, quite spectacular works imo, the best, anyway, the material being cooked up which you arent going to hear, will please those who liked the original stuff, especially 3 cans later and officially destroyed, hell run aswell.. past the quag is gonna be redone i reckon, bit more direction it.

Another thing i wanted to talk about with you guys, could you throw me serious song names or name ideas, it'll be.. inspirational for me to work on ideas? =) lol but yeah, just to keep you kippers active with something fun to do, aren't i fucking kind.

Yes, i fucking am.

http://dakkadesigns.com/harmonising-prac.mp3

YES, its repetitive, but its not a full on song, just a repeated idea, though the note following of the voxxy synth in the background makes it more bearable, and the level volumed improv near the end is nice enough too i guess. Probably the end of one of the newer pieces coming out.. mainly made it for .. well check out the name for why =) first time layering over synth lead :O feedback appreciated i guess.

Megadokyo.

EDIT: I'll use one of the song ideas that's simply the best, and once the entire soundtrack is done.. maybe ill let you choose which one gets the name, or.. maybe i wont.

dick.

:-*

99th post in this thread, somebody do me a favour and make the 100th one worth reading? AND RELATED. This is a thread i can't tolerate sidetracking in, if i did, .. i'd have to shoot this cute polar bear in the head, who seats himself beisde me, hello polar bear.. hello shotgun.. O_O
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 12:03:21 am by megadokyo »

Offline Spiff

« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2005, 03:21:32 am »
Well, I'll be honest too. I haven't worked on Iji since... let's see... since I tweaked all the sprites even further. I got sidetracked with my puzzle game (Castle of Elite) and haven't returned to Iji yet. I suppose there was a charm in working on a game where the engine wasn't so massive I kept forgetting variable names, much less what certain scripts actually do. I'll have to get into Iji again, I have so many ideas for it, in particular the Komato Assassins who will kick your butts with local teleportation devices, laser daggers, dual Plasma Cannons and the reflexes to dodge instant-hit weaponry. :p

When the puzzle game is completely done, I decided to choose between Ultimortal (my comic) or Iji. I'll be moving to a new town in three weeks, to study at a new university (I'm in the computer game development education now :)) and I probably won't even have internet access for a while. But, I'm more interested in working on Iji than the comic at the moment.

That's a nice tune MDX. :) It's a bit different than the early songs. But, I think you shouldn't be too hasty with the "real" music until I've worked some more on the game. And if you want song names, I could pick a few ideas from the game itself, like titles, level names and stuff... like:
One girl army
Glory
Cyborg soldier
Suppression
Interception
Backstab
Fear
Unstoppable
Beast

That reminds me, MDX. I'll send a copy sometime of the entire script for the game including cutscenes (but excluding most of the text logs) so you'll get an idea of what it's like.

MDX

« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2005, 03:19:14 am »
Thanks spiff, that tune wasn't much to listen to, but glad you enjoyed it, youll be hearing much more fuller workings as soon as my course begins, i need to get a hold of jay, he's living with a girlfriend at the moment and its impossible to get a hold of him, damn horny guitarists! =P

but yes, www.myspace.com/aegeanaroth has a new track on it, nothing mindblowing, Cosmic Architects is its name, i guess ill get your opinion on it Spiff, though i would appreciate more opinions from people, oh well, fair enuff. Constructive Criticism is appreciated, only to the point where you don't offend =) Thats a general comment folks, so bring it on.

r0ck.. hard?

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2005, 09:57:45 am »
Stop being good.

It hurts..

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2005, 01:25:45 pm »
It that a song for your band, or one for Iji? Because I need it. :p :) I guess the only critiscism is the sound quality, but since it's just a short clip I guess you have a better version (or can record one).

Offline Xeero

• Awesome!
    • The Exclaimers?
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2005, 02:29:09 pm »
MegaTokyo, let me download that shit on your MySpace or else.  Or else what?  Exactly.

It rocks, let me put it on my mp3 player dammit >:|