Author Topic: Iji - Oct Demo.. ;)  (Read 34175 times)

Offline Spiff

Re: Iji - Game/Soundtrack Progress
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2005, 02:31:56 am »
If the sound quality is kept high, the filesize of the game download will increase, but I hope it's not a problem for people with slow connection speeds. I could always resave the music in lower frequency (but not so low that it hurts the quality) to make a smaller version too... oh well, the game won't be ready for a long time, so no need to worry about that now. :p

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2005, 04:42:54 pm »
i'd rather take a bitrate drop than a fequency drop usually...
^____________________^
               \__/

Offline sag_ich_nicht

• Battleaxe Asshole
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2005, 12:22:46 am »
Sorry that i didn't post anything, but E3 is raping my time. I'll test the game once E3 is over. XD

P.S.:

OMGOMGOMG REVOLUTION PWNS</fanboy>
"Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist.
Children already know that monsters exist.
Fairy tales teach children that monsters can be killed."

G. K. Chesterton

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2005, 12:38:20 am »
the game ?
i thought this was only music FOR the game ..  ;D
*i love myself stupid*

MDX

« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2005, 01:04:05 am »
I make the music, he tests the game and says whats REALLY wrong with it, in every aspect, hes a good tester, in a good.. person.

Inside.

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2005, 07:51:03 am »
I finally figured out how to reach those two "secret" logs.  People were cheering in my computer science class when I finally reached the first one :D

Anyway, now that I'm done with that little thingy, I'm looking forward to the official demo.  Don't give up, your work is awesome.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2005, 12:46:52 pm »
I finally figured out how to reach those two "secret" logs.  People were cheering in my computer science class when I finally reached the first one :D

That's... that's got to be the coolest praise any of my games have ever gotten. *sniff* :)

Don't worry, I promise to finish it. I haven't been working on Iji for the past week, but hopefully it won't be long until I stop being lazy and start working again. The "things to do" list keeps growing the more things I complete, ironically. The latest three entires on it are "complete death event", "Resonance reflection" and "smooth ducking" (able to duck and get up even if the get up/duck animations respectively have not finished playing). the Resonance detonator won't be as useless anymore when it can deflect projectiles, and it justifies the slow reload time that was necessary considering its power against weaker enemies, at no ammunition cost. Some enemies also use Resonance detonators though. ;)

As for compressing music, I'll ask for advice when that time comes, as I don't entirely know the relationship between bitrate/frequency and filesize.

Smeagol

« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2005, 05:33:28 pm »
One of the better pieces so far IMO. Me likes much.

MDX

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2005, 04:54:33 pm »
REUPLOADED

Slightly improved quality, but could result in re-recording it, but that shouldt be a problem. Should see alot more work after i finish my exam on friday, summertime break of 3 months.. oops, WHAMMY! ..*cough*

Track released, courtesy of Jay n Me. (Again)

http://dakkadesigns.com/300.mp3

File will be uploaded in 10 minutes from this post.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2005, 09:02:52 pm »
Totally rockin' concept for the song, though as I've said before, I think the guitarr is a little too distorted - it sounds like the sound quality is lower than it actually is, because the guitar sounds so "grainy" and noisy. I'd prefer a guitar like in Officially Destroyed or Run. I hope it's not too late to request such a thing. Otherwise I love it, a little long intro though, maybe. :) Keep up the good work.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2005, 09:15:33 pm »
*commencing critical analysis*

megadokyo man... 300.mp3... sounds pretty crappy at the start (as Spiff said, guitar sounds loooooow quality). however, about half way through, gets fucking good... me likey a lot.

MDX

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2005, 11:40:33 pm »
yeah guys, glad you enjoy! and i totally agree with the sound quality.

Basically jays GOOD Zoom Fx Pedal is in his old house, which.. well is tough to get to right now due to housemates being absolute bastard childs. Im going to personally slay them to get it back for him. But thats where the good sound is.. we had to resort to using a cheap zoom pedal for that piece but itll be redone and sound much better, guranteed. Just getting some concepts down for now.

Officially-Destroyed and Run quality will return soon =) and past the quag reef is having a make over, in more ways than one. Plus Reopening the chronicles of quagmaria is complete, in theory, as im not releasing the badly distorted one i recorded with my bassist friend kev.

Note. Distorted bass?

Bad idea.[/b]

Thanks for the feedback guys, ill keep you posted when we get the GOOD pedal in the facinity. :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 11:47:44 pm by megadokyo »

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2005, 01:15:11 am »
Omg 300.mp3, ... SUCH a change omg wth omg omg omg

the change is like day and night !!

For fuck's sake.

BUT !!!  ----

Nice concept on the intro, if i may, i would like to give you some tips :

- guitar less mid and more bass *the others said that aswell*
- guitar louder at intro
- the tunes on the background at the intro could be more loudish too..
- OR you could just make the drums sound a bit softer :)

anyway i wont say anything about the rest , because i like it the way it is !! and thats great :)

gj gj gj gj

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2005, 03:19:22 am »

Thanks for the feedback guys, ill keep you posted when we get the GOOD pedal in the facinity. :)

Facinity, you say. That's a rather useful amalgam of vacinity and facility.

At any rate, you're like my hero and have no business pumping out such quality at such a rate. Meanie.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

MDX

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2005, 12:06:00 pm »
lol =P sorrayy.

Again, noted Rad. Cheers. lol and yes facinity is my own special word. *hugs word* touch it not, you will.