Author Topic: Iji - Oct Demo.. ;)  (Read 36306 times)

Offline Spiff

Re: Iji - Game/Soundtrack Progress
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2005, 01:04:51 pm »
Sorry, but that was scrapped early on because it'd make the game too unbalanced (in Iji's favor). I had planned to make some weapons knock her self down if fired in mid-air, like the Rocket launcher, but it'd make the game too easy when fighting enemies on a higher ground than yourself because they couldn't fight back. Most of the game's combat is done when you're standing at the same height as your enemy, and all the weapons are designed with that in mind. There's no grenade launcher or similar, because it'd give you a huge advantage over enemies below you, for example. All weapon fire (more or less) straight forward. It's just the way the game is designed.

Though at first, Iji couldn't even fire while running, only when standing still, because I thought it was relatively difficult to code. :p

MDX

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2005, 01:12:23 pm »
*wakes up*

hmm, yea i think i might re-record that once im more awake. *laughs at demo owners while he plays special MEGA ULTRA version :P*

Smeagol

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2005, 02:48:14 pm »
Sorry, but that was scrapped early on because it'd make the game too unbalanced (in Iji's favor). I had planned to make some weapons knock her self down if fired in mid-air, like the Rocket launcher, but it'd make the game too easy when fighting enemies on a higher ground than yourself because they couldn't fight back. Most of the game's combat is done when you're standing at the same height as your enemy, and all the weapons are designed with that in mind. There's no grenade launcher or similar, because it'd give you a huge advantage over enemies below you, for example. All weapon fire (more or less) straight forward. It's just the way the game is designed.

Though at first, Iji couldn't even fire while running, only when standing still, because I thought it was relatively difficult to code. :p

About the same height thingy?
It doesn't seem to apply to the demo, I spent most of it on a ledge below enemies firing a rocket and then running away and crouching. Repeated throughout the whole demo and it's not too difficult even on extreme.

And putting little information disks out of reach in the demo? That's just plain EVIL.

MDX

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2005, 03:16:49 pm »
It seems im going to be redoing ALL the tracks.

The bitrate was set as a shit default level of 22khz in audacity so without my knowing (because my speakers are complete bollox) i have recorded a bunch of low quality tracks, i have nobby to thank for bringing this to my attention the mp3 nazi himself =)

So yeah, fuckin hell. *cries for a second* ive adjusted the setting in audacity now and remastered tracks will be up v.soon.

MDX

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2005, 05:12:04 pm »
http://dakkadesigns.com/synthetic-sorcery.mp3

oki i re-recorded the whole thing, improved the sound quality i HOPE.

Let me know, plus i put in some synth lead sounds. A new sound card.. i beckon for ='(

Offline Spiff

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2005, 08:28:32 pm »
About the same height thingy?
It doesn't seem to apply to the demo, I spent most of it on a ledge below enemies firing a rocket and then running away and crouching. Repeated throughout the whole demo and it's not too difficult even on extreme.

And putting little information disks out of reach in the demo? That's just plain EVIL.

Okay, roughly the same height then. :p The demo level is a pretty cramped, odd little level. You hopefully won't be given too many oppurtinities in the full game to take such cheap shots at the enemies; often the height difference will be two blocks or more, not one, or there will be a sloping floor to let the enemies chase you. And on sloping floors, whoever's standing on the lower altitude has the advantage (especially enemies with projectiles). And also there'll be a certain enemy that can jump up and down different heights, using only melee attacks.

There are no unreachable logs in the demo. I won't dispute their evilness though... see if you can reach them. ;) The one on the lower right of the level is pretty pointless though, it was supposed to be easier to reach, so try the one on the ledge to the left instead.

MDX, do you really have to redo *all* tracks? That sounds pretty tough... as for the sound quality of the new Synthetic sorcery, I think it does sound better.

MDX

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2005, 08:45:24 pm »
Fear not spiff, i am getting a riffmaster general in to help me out. They will be even better! It wont hold the process back btw. So be merry =D

Offline potatismos

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2005, 10:39:18 pm »
Promo Song!!

ok, here's a song i've made today in gp4. it's not complete and midi sucks ass.
It does'nt sound "bossy". but you might get use for it somwhere else.
I will finish it and record it asap.
http://xthost.info/mos/game_music03.mid

got 2 other songs, might post them too sometime...

keep up the great work on the game ;)

MDX

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2005, 10:47:52 pm »
potat, i lucking fuck you =D

im getting andy up on tuesday, so i may send that to him and begin making the drums to it so he can riff over it. And yeah, awesome workings. Wish i could work gp4 like that. *siGh*

oh well, synth'll do =)

Offline potatismos

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2005, 10:50:36 pm »
eh, me an' my bro's gonna record it this weekend so don't fking steal my songs... >:(

MDX

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2005, 10:52:42 pm »
eh, me an' my bro's gonna record it this weekend so don't fking steal my songs... >:(

..k :/

EDIT: actually, wait a minute, whats your problem? You coulda been far more courteous about that man. I just took it in the wrong way and that is all. Watch the attitude. I wasnt fucking stealing anything.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 11:01:00 pm by megadokyo »

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2005, 03:19:29 am »
play nice boys. Play nice while i steal BOTH your songs!

bwhahahahahahaha!

Offline potatismos

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2005, 07:39:19 am »
actually, wait a minute, whats your problem? You coulda been far more courteous about that man. I just took it in the wrong way and that is all. Watch the attitude. I wasnt fucking stealing anything.

ok srry for overreacting

MDX

« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2005, 12:32:32 pm »
Spiff, i dont believe all the tracks will need to be re-done, but itll be something ill review once ive finished the soundtrack, definetly redoing past the quag reef for obvious reasons. On other good news the rest of the soundtracks sound quality will be much better, just.. thanks nobby =)

*nobby! nobby! the-lit-tle-shit-who-likes-his-m-p-3ssss

ding ding ding ding...

nobby.. nobby!.. etc*

EDIT:

Also MDX if you ever want bass tracks laid down for any of the tracks you know where to find me!

Noted my man, Ill be putting the bass addition down for high consideration at the end, once all the tracks are done.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 03:49:38 pm by megadokyo »

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2005, 09:48:11 pm »
nifty dude...nifty.