Author Topic: Iji - Oct Demo.. ;)  (Read 37136 times)

MDX

Iji - Oct Demo.. ;)
« on: May 11, 2005, 12:05:42 am »
Well i figured getting this thread back on form wouldnt be a bad idea at all. I have been quite busy so since the forum went down (thanks hazul :D!...) i have been involved with alot of college work, BUT! ill finish this up quickly, my summer is here on 27th of may onwards so ill be rocking more after that. In saying that, i am still doing ideas and such so no worries, and i actually made some potential sound effects, and no theyre not stupid.

another 2 tracks have been made

- denied a bank loan
- reopening the chronicles of quagmaria
(past the quagmarian reef sequel - so to speak)

Anddd a potential menu entrance track but alot of shit has to be remastered, but fear not, my friend andy is getting quality upgrades once 2 weeks have past, lol he even offered to buy me a KORG synth, a generous offer, but he was baked when he mentioned, so im taking it on a light note, heheh =)

A few more tracks are in working without names have been made, not to mention a power metal synth solo improv, its roughly done but was more exercise work than anything else, but its got good feedback from Spiff and Fallout (our not so common machinae forumer in the closing weeks before the forum downness)

Now i leave the rest for Spiff to update you on, the game is coming along nicely as far as he's shown me all the new updates.. so be excited, or die, twice.

megadokyo, loves you.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 06:25:34 pm by megadokyo »

Smeagol

Re: Iji - Game/Soundtrack Progress
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 12:24:21 am »
megadokyo, loves you.

So much so as to give us the other tracks?

MDX

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 12:27:50 am »
no actually youre not getting these ones, i have coached my dominating opinion that they are not released until i have andy redo the riffing on them, kevin did distorted bass and for me it just didnt work out.

But on the brighter side, the soundtrack is gonna be done sooner than later.. and im following a particular trend for the rest of the tracks, so beware. or something.

Smeagol

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 12:30:19 am »
* Smeagol waits and loads up Warioware

I could sit here for a few days straight y'know, but I think my parents may just get a tad narked at the electricity bill running up like a bitch

MDX

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 12:37:52 am »
you can sit here all you want, im not uploading tracks muahahahahahaaaaa

Smeagol

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 12:38:39 am »
What if I hold my breath until I pass out, does that count for anything?

MDX

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 12:44:24 am »
means you can pass out.

Smeagol

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 12:45:06 am »
The Force is strong with this one.

MDX

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2005, 12:49:08 am »
/ssaberwawmp
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 12:47:17 pm by megadokyo »

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2005, 01:01:00 am »
Hmmm...got any old tracks up, and a link?
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

MDX

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2005, 01:08:41 am »
http://indulge-uk.com/officially-destroyed2.mp3
http://indulge-uk.com/3-cans-later.mp3
http://indulge-uk.com/run.mp3
http://indulge-uk.com/past-the-quagmarian-reef.mp3

and ffs cuz its your bday smeags.. ill upload some new track ideas.. theyre roughly done and short, so dont look too deeply into them kay? Plus the new stuff is me and andy working, not me and jay, however me and jay will be working together again soon.

http://indulge-uk.com/1wsynth.mp3
http://indulge-uk.com/march.mp3 (i.e. takin it slow.. i named it wrong)
http://indulge-uk.com/slow.mp3 (i.e. what takin it slow actually is)

Keep in mind, none of these are finals, just tiny ideas.. which are concepts and ideas for me and andys work aswell. The power synth.. is just a fuck around, take no real heed of it.

Anyways, enjoy.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 11:15:59 pm by megadokyo »

Offline Spiff

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2005, 01:24:52 am »
Hell yes! The forum's back! ;D

Progress on Iji... well, there's a public alpha demo over at my homepage, set in a small test level with two weapons and two enemy types. Not to mention teleporters, a reload bar, customizable controls, pause key, Megadokyo music, improved AI, yadda yadda. :D

What you see in that demo isn't all I've been doing, though. It was released quite a while ago. I've made the weapon combining interface, implemented the system for saving and loading (the text file that keeps track of your save files and configs is only 307 bytes large and protected by a potent checksum, as well as in-game measures to prevent bypassing it), I've also begun working on the level clear screen (the little image of Iji is temporary, it will be replaced by a full hand-drawn image) with animated Matrix-style effects on the text and background. The clear screen also shows your kills, damage taken, successful cracks and failed cracks, and the level sequence system works too. I've worked on a technical detail that lets me build larger levels with no slowdown, which in turn lets the game concentrate more on the action; here's a shot of me fighting 50 enemies at full FPS to demonstrate what the engine can handle now.

The most recent feature is turrets. These spring out of the ground when you get close (but can also be visible from the start) and can fire four kinds of weapons, three more to be implemented. When they turn around to face you, the cord hanging down the turret's backside twists around the support pole that holds it up. You can shoot the turrets, which makes them explode, or you can crack them, making them sink back into the ground, never to be activated again. Rambo-people will favour the third way of beating them, though - just walk up to the turret and kick it straight off its support pole, sending it bouncing around the room. You can then play some turret football with it if you like, or destroy it entirely. Meanwhile, the support pole that held the turret just stands there looking silly. By the way, there's going to be a short series of secret alien logbooks which discuss a sport called Hyper Turret Game, invented by accident during a raid on a spaceship where a turret was knocked loose. Whacky logbooks like these will not be as common as ones concerning the rather serious main story, but I'll inject a dose of humor where appropriate, mostly in secret areas.

I've written all of the in-game chat sequences and scripted the cutscenes (but not all of the alien logbooks strewn across the game's levels). Next, I'll do the cutscene system, and draw the two first cutscenes. Then, it won't be long until the "real" demo of the game, with the full first level (or two??) appears.

Megadokyo is doing great on the soundtrack, eventhough many songs are just tests, I can't wait for the soundtrack the game will eventually have. :)

MDX

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2005, 11:05:48 am »
BE FUCKING EXCITED PEOPLE!

Smeagol

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2005, 07:53:05 pm »
Awesome demo! I'm really looking forward to the final release. At first I wasn't sure how you were going to implement the music score, judging from your review of the game.

Great job to the both of you, would applaud if I could

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2005, 08:53:54 pm »
OMG, great game, is this game going to be freè?

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas