Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 298187 times)

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #240 on: February 08, 2006, 01:09:12 pm »
I'm going to rant now so stand back. Well not rant as such, but I am pissed off. The in-fighting in this game is beyond awful, casuals vs hardcores, PvE vs PvP, adults vs kids. The whole GLBT thing too; while I'm not pissed at Blizz anymore, I'm pissed at the wilful and childish ignorance of a large group of WoW players. I've been on the internet long enough to know this shit happens whenever you get a large group of people together.

I don't like PvP; the only reason I'm on a PvP server is because Kasumi was on one with her uni friends and I wanted to play with her. But where's the honour in moonfiring someone to death if they're already near-death? Or backstabbing a clothie who's half your level? Oh yeah I know; reroll PvE. But thats not my point. If I'm in a contested area and someone around my level starts a fight then fair enough, at least one of us gets something out of it. But getting your level 60 mate/alt to pound on me afterwards is downright childish.

There, I'm done. Resume normal service ;)

A constant complaint of the entire WoW community. Blizzard won't do anything to fix it. They can't - because if they did it would severely fuck up the game. You'd hate the limitations that would be imposed more than the occasional level 60 ganking that you get now.

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #241 on: February 08, 2006, 01:14:56 pm »
Personally I reckon killing someone a certain number of levels lower than you should count as a DK. But then you'd just get low level assholes goading the higher levels into killing them just to piss them off. I think I've spent much too much time lolling around in the forums and its made me angry. Still, maybe its my fault playing on a full, well-established server. I bet you can count the number of players on Twilight's Hammer with an under-60 main on one hand. I just wish people had some sense of honour thats all.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #242 on: February 08, 2006, 01:22:51 pm »
Personally I reckon killing someone a certain number of levels lower than you should count as a DK. But then you'd just get low level assholes goading the higher levels into killing them just to piss them off. I think I've spent much too much time lolling around in the forums and its made me angry. Still, maybe its my fault playing on a full, well-established server. I bet you can count the number of players on Twilight's Hammer with an under-60 main on one hand. I just wish people had some sense of honour thats all.

Haha, no chance. Honour is dead. Doesn't exist in this century.

They were planning on calculating DK on killing people too low, but decided it would double the amount of calculations involved in the instanteneous HK (in the combat log as soon as you kill someone) and would lag the servers even more.

Offline Eliminator

• Loving My Threadless Tees!
« Reply #243 on: February 08, 2006, 04:01:41 pm »
ill post it in a bit spunky just trying to sort some stuff out for this MSUK street team im trying to setup
You Know When You've Been Eliminated!

Offline Spunky

« Reply #244 on: February 08, 2006, 05:56:12 pm »
I think the answer is simple. A system where DK's are given for killing greys. The system is clever enough to know WHO started the combat sequence so that if you were to get the first strike in, you would get a DK. If they did it, you would receive no penalty. That would at least stop alot of it.

But to be honest, WoW or not, its going to happen because of human societies tendancies to pick on the weak in anyway, shape, or form.

I wish we hadn't gone on a PVP server but unfortunately we can't do anything about it now. When we choose PVP it was because there was no honour system. the moment they announced one, we knew it would be bad for us "non-pvp hardcore" players.

I've rerolled PvE since.
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline TimChaos

« Reply #245 on: February 10, 2006, 07:13:25 am »
yah i know what you guys mean with the annoyingness of PvP server

how do i deal with it? i mainly do instance runs :D

'sides, my guild is pretty good about backing you up if you need help

PS-
If anyone wants to join me on Akama (new PvP server) then whisper Ryuuka (thats me, Tauren Warrior :O)
server is only about 2 months old so there arent many 12 year old level 60 gnome rogues to eat you.
my guild is very well established and has a spiffy website www.theworldofwarcraft.com (yes that's really it, the guild Brothers in Arms) and we have 300+ members even though its new so come join me for fun :D
Ryuuka - 34 Tauren Warrior - Akama

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #246 on: February 11, 2006, 02:06:20 am »
WoW needs a way to just start with a level 60 + Uber gear so you can just go around and PvP like Guild Wars. Damned if I'm going to grind through fedex and farm quests and boring dungeons.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #247 on: February 11, 2006, 01:59:30 pm »
If Guild Wars already satisfies you in that respect, why do you need to change another game like WoW to also satisfy you?

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #248 on: February 12, 2006, 03:25:35 am »
If Guild Wars already satisfies you in that respect, why do you need to change another game like WoW to also satisfy you?
Because arena combat gets old, really fast. I just want games that don't have awful grinding. I'm perfectly happy to level up in say, Neverwinter Nights, or some other single player RPG where you gain all your levels without real notice while going through interesting story quests.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #249 on: February 12, 2006, 11:51:15 am »
Note to Ankle: Do not play RFOnline. Grind heaven. Though at 25 you can enter the PvP Chip Wars and that's not that far away.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #250 on: February 12, 2006, 02:11:35 pm »
Note to Ankle: Do not play RFOnline. Grind heaven. Though at 25 you can enter the PvP Chip Wars and that's not that far away.
Just like every other Korean MMO. :P

Offline Spunky

« Reply #251 on: February 13, 2006, 12:01:47 pm »
sorry Timmy but i really can't make any more alts, i got enough on my plate leveling the ones i have lol. It would be nice if somehow the world was biiger and they could reduce the realms and stick more people on one realm. I have too many friends spread across the universe.
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #252 on: February 13, 2006, 01:22:41 pm »
I have a big alt-deleting spree over the weekend. This is my current character roster:

Lucrecia 33 Human Warlock (main)
Nakaro 29 Tauren Druid (I'm half a level off from 30 but only have elite quests to do, looks like fun grinding for me)
Arachne 19 Orc Hunter (Was going to delete her, but I was wftpwning people in Warsong Gulch with her, so shes my BG character now)
Nanatsusaya 12 Undead Priest (Playing this one with Kasumi, doing BGs also. Really getting into healing but I didn't think I would)

Four left out of eleven, not too shabby. Had great fun playing WSG over the weekend. Kasumi was stuck on a 4-hour queue on Twilights Hammer, but out alts on Quel'Thalas were steaming through. I've never played a BG before and I thought it was great fun. You seem to make an arch-nemesis (usually a druid for me XD ) and take them out first. Good times :)

Offline Spunky

« Reply #253 on: February 13, 2006, 01:57:56 pm »
Kakisan Mage 60
Kyoushu Rogue 60
Vyse Warrior 42
Ouka Hunter 41
Matthaus Paladin 31

These are the only characters i class as leveling ones or mains. I have some others but i don't use them at all. If i have the time to make a new lvl 60 it would be Vyse. But i still have too much to do on Kakisan and with 2 hour AV queues, theres not much i can do to help him >_<

Just some info:

Next patch has priest changes in it.

Necroplisis or whatever its called is coming out before the expansion, yet you are gona need ot be lvl 70 to do it apparently, lol?

Armour upgrades for teir 0 sets (Magister's etc) to epic in high end instances.

Fixed shamans because they could die.

Nerfed mage spell damage, buffed their water.

AQ War Efforts have started to tick over now. Doors should be open for everyone in a few weeks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4700754.stm <- Ghey stuff

Ok some of those arn't true but anyway.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 03:25:20 pm by Spunky »

Offline Spunky

« Reply #254 on: February 20, 2006, 04:00:13 pm »
Well, AQ nearly open for everyone. Talk of a 40 man raid instance in EPL. The expansion official release date in october, valentines day and chinese new year. Its been busy in WoW!

I downloaded videos of the new weather effects, they look nice :)