Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 287825 times)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #225 on: December 25, 2005, 07:53:48 pm »
Guild wars has a whole christmas theme !1

you can enter a snowball battle and it all just rocks !

and mdx, i hope throughout the bad things you have a good christmas !!

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #226 on: December 26, 2005, 03:18:34 am »
Damn right, *flings yellow snow*
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Lexx

« Reply #227 on: December 26, 2005, 02:28:36 pm »
"My Little Pwny"
Voted best guild name ever

Oh dear god, only enforces my hate for Wow. And yes, I'm sure they think they're being ironic.

Personally a good guild name whould be something like "A Dead One".

Offline Spunky

« Reply #228 on: December 27, 2005, 01:13:54 pm »
"My Little Pwny"

Oh dear god, only enforces my hate for Wow. And yes, I'm sure they think they're being ironic.

A good guild name is "and his merry men."
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #229 on: December 27, 2005, 02:04:57 pm »
"My Little Pwny"

A good guild name is "and his merry men."

I am awesome for that guild name :D

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #230 on: December 28, 2005, 02:10:15 am »
*hugs MDX*

I decided to celebrate a WoW Xmas by taking my level 26 Tauren druid for dancing outside the gates of Stormwind. I had quite a little fan club of about 5 lvl 7s but then they were 'rescued' and I died a lot :( Meanies...

We took our 60s and charged into Orgrimmar, tried to kill the Grandfather Winter NPC, and then danced in a tower looking over the city centre.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #231 on: January 13, 2006, 12:28:34 pm »
Make sure you look for the new auctioneer in STV called "O'reely"
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #232 on: January 13, 2006, 10:52:37 pm »
50% of the reason I'm getting the new 20" iMac Core Duo is for World of Warcraft. I tell you, playing on it is going to be sweeeeeeeet. On my laptop I'm lucky to get 1 FPS in Ironforge on peak, the pauses for page file access are irritating as crap and a 15" monitor is just not for showcasing WoW.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 10:54:43 pm by Kasumi-Astra »

Offline Eliminator

• Loving My Threadless Tees!
« Reply #233 on: February 02, 2006, 11:03:31 pm »
first of all i have been away from this community for ages as i havent been on these forums for over 1.5 yrs now lol, its so different, anyways

i only started with wow bout 2-3 weeks ago, its a cool game, never really played mmorpg's b4 i usually play fps like moh:aa or rts like warcraft 3 and FT, only reason why i played WoW was cus i play the original rts versions although it makes my computer freeze for no reason.  ???
You Know When You've Been Eliminated!

Offline Spunky

« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2006, 11:24:04 am »
Can you give us a print out of your computers spec?

Offline Spunky

« Reply #235 on: February 08, 2006, 11:16:03 am »
Vael down...

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #236 on: February 08, 2006, 11:22:59 am »
Vael down...

You assume that anyone on these boards will know who Vael is? I think about 5 could have a guess, and that includes me and you.

Offline Zilir

« Reply #237 on: February 08, 2006, 11:24:56 am »
I know I know I know! (vael is too easy nowadays  :()

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #238 on: February 08, 2006, 12:23:16 pm »
I'm going to rant now so stand back. Well not rant as such, but I am pissed off. The in-fighting in this game is beyond awful, casuals vs hardcores, PvE vs PvP, adults vs kids. The whole GLBT thing too; while I'm not pissed at Blizz anymore, I'm pissed at the wilful and childish ignorance of a large group of WoW players. I've been on the internet long enough to know this shit happens whenever you get a large group of people together.

I don't like PvP; the only reason I'm on a PvP server is because Kasumi was on one with her uni friends and I wanted to play with her. But where's the honour in moonfiring someone to death if they're already near-death? Or backstabbing a clothie who's half your level? Oh yeah I know; reroll PvE. But thats not my point. If I'm in a contested area and someone around my level starts a fight then fair enough, at least one of us gets something out of it. But getting your level 60 mate/alt to pound on me afterwards is downright childish.

There, I'm done. Resume normal service ;)

Lysander

« Reply #239 on: February 08, 2006, 12:37:58 pm »
I'm going to rant now so stand back. Well not rant as such, but I am pissed off. The in-fighting in this game is beyond awful, casuals vs hardcores, PvE vs PvP, adults vs kids. The whole GLBT thing too; while I'm not pissed at Blizz anymore, I'm pissed at the wilful and childish ignorance of a large group of WoW players. I've been on the internet long enough to know this shit happens whenever you get a large group of people together.

I don't like PvP; the only reason I'm on a PvP server is because Kasumi was on one with her uni friends and I wanted to play with her. But where's the honour in moonfiring someone to death if they're already near-death? Or backstabbing a clothie who's half your level? Oh yeah I know; reroll PvE. But thats not my point. If I'm in a contested area and someone around my level starts a fight then fair enough, at least one of us gets something out of it. But getting your level 60 mate/alt to pound on me afterwards is downright childish.

There, I'm done. Resume normal service ;)

That's what happens when a MMORPG appeals to such a wide market, unfortunately :( I understand your point completely, as im often the reciver of a level 60 rogue endlessly ganking me, somehow satisfied he can take on a druid 20 levels below him..