Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 306006 times)

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2005, 11:03:10 am »
Hey, better than I experienced. Waited 3 hrs+ for Alterac. Then my patience finally snapped and I went to Warsong. Had three games there, lost of three  :-\ Went back to Alterac. Just 45 mins then got in... the Horde were already at our base and burning down our bunkers! We managed to hold them at the bridge for a couple of hours but they were too much and the game ended. Then I was about to wait 2 more hours to get into anoter alerac but decided it was far too late.

Offline Elyl

• Behold the MAD X-MAS ORC
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2005, 08:26:20 am »
Was in warsong yesterday. First 2 matches were real fun, Teams even of lvl and skill, both games were with the exact same teams. It was 3-s for alliance and 3-1 for horde.
So i think why not go there again, so i join another game,  looking at our lvl we were 3 lvl 60s and rest 55-. Okay, i think, don't know yet what the horde team is like, so ii take a look at the score board and see lots of names i know from Alterac, and 2 or 3 from the previous 2 games all lvl 60 except for a lvl 58 shaman and 59 druid. Not too bad either, with goood tactics we could still win, but we didnt cause the ppl lvl 55- didn't know there class as it seemed, our 3 mages were out front, although they were told to defend, cause of frost nova and the other cold spells, so we had only 2 hunters and me defendng the flag most of the time, i had crippling applied to both weapons to slow the guy with the flag down, always worked, but we didn't have enough dmg output to counter the healing the guy got from the priests, and the shamans nuked me to death with earth n fire shock. when it was 2-0 for horde i told them that all should defend, cause we can't win anyway and that way we would still get some nice honor from killing horde, but nobody listens, except the other lvl 60s, so horde gets in, we try to kill flag carrier and fail cause of missing dmg output again. They capture our flag and win. I know it's a game, and it's meant to be fun, but that game, and the 2 following, weren't so I'm pissed by those who fucked up.
Hope i get in withsome more lvl 60s today
Life: sexually transmitted disease, 100% fatal

MDX

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2005, 02:48:06 pm »

Amen.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2005, 11:42:06 pm »

Amen.

...do u play WoW MDX?

MDX

« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2005, 12:15:52 am »
No, i just wanted somebody to talk to :'(

Nah kev plays it, i am just a big fan. I like it from the outside, but i don't have the:

a) money to play it
b) pc to play it
c) patience these days.. to play it

Plus i skimmed through that giant paragraph about warsong player battles and got to the final line, which did the trick for me, so i was extending the favour onto others..

Mostly cuz i wanted somebody to talk to though :'(

Offline Turin

• I'm a llama!<--True.
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2005, 01:13:39 am »
I ended up quitting and selling my account for 250 bucks.

Got old, and was too much of a burden on real life.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2005, 02:34:52 am »
it does sound like fun tbh, ive yet to try out the guild wars PvP, looking forward to it tho.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2005, 11:26:36 pm »
I'm playing WoW now. To me it is just like every other fantasy MMORPG, only I can jump now. Levelling/questing is as boring as ever and it doesn't immerse me in another world and story. I do have motivation to keep playing, however: Mind controlling people off cliffs into lava and other such feats. Go go shadow priest. <3
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline XeRXeS

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2005, 03:39:14 am »
Nah kev plays it, i am just a big fan. I like it from the outside, but i don't have the:

a) money to play it

That's one of the kickers for me.. does anybody else find it mildly unsettling to pay out a monthly fee for a game you already paid money for in the first place? :P I know you get a bit of free play time with it, but if they're gonna charge a monthly fee, they could at least just give you the software... I'm not against paying money for a cool game, such as Guild Wars, but I don't really get the whole monthly fee thing. I don't always have the time to sit and play games for hours on end, and when I do, I usually have half a dozen games on the go at least that I just choose at random and have a bash at; if I knew I was paying monthly for the "privilege" of having access to play a game I owned, I'd get frustrated with it really quickly, because I'd be feeling like I *had* to play it when I had free time, and I would feel like I was just pouring money down the toilet every time I was too busy to kick back and play...

Or is that just me? :P

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2005, 08:18:11 am »
Its not just you. No one likes to pay a monthly fee. Running a MMORPG is expensive and box sales don't cover it in the long run. They cover development + then some. The monthly fees goes toward the maintainance and bandwidth as well as new content which may or may not ever be added.

If they wanted to release a MMORPG without a monthly fee they'd probably end up closing it after awhile. Guild Wars compensates for this by releasing an expansion every once and awhile expecting nearly all of the player-base to pick it up.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2005, 11:33:40 am »
This is the difference for me. This is the ONLY game I play. I have nothing else. The only other two games on my system are SimCity 4 and SecondLife, neither of which I have touched since I got Warcraft. Other games like Civ3 and Warcraft III got uninstalled. For me, WoW is such a huge part of my life, the monthly fee is worth it. It's obvious, though, that subscription is not favourable to someone who just wants to dip in  when they feel. For that purpose Guild Wars is great - the only problem being the expansions. If Guild Wars release an expansion, I assume you will have to buy it in order to keep your version compatible with the servers. If you wanna continue "dipping" into it, you will still need to pay up (though less, of course).

MDX

« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2005, 12:25:39 pm »

a) money to play it

That's one of the kickers for me.. does anybody else find it mildly unsettling to pay out a monthly fee for a game you already paid money for in the first place? :P I know you get a bit of free play time with it, but if they're gonna charge a monthly fee, they could at least just give you the software... I'm not against paying money for a cool game, such as Guild Wars, but I don't really get the whole monthly fee thing. I don't always have the time to sit and play games for hours on end, and when I do, I usually have half a dozen games on the go at least that I just choose at random and have a bash at; if I knew I was paying monthly for the "privilege" of having access to play a game I owned, I'd get frustrated with it really quickly, because I'd be feeling like I *had* to play it when I had free time, and I would feel like I was just pouring money down the toilet every time I was too busy to kick back and play...

Or is that just me? :P

I hear ya buddy 5.

Money is evil. And when i get it, ill be buying a daily subscription of beer, not warcraft.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2005, 09:41:19 pm »
If Guild Wars release an expansion, I assume you will have to buy it in order to keep your version compatible with the servers. If you wanna continue "dipping" into it, you will still need to pay up (though less, of course).
They don't require you to buy them. However, if you don't, what will you do? Play the same content over and over? Not exactly lots of stuff to do in it at the moment. Chances are most people interested in the game would pick it up to play the new stuff or just quit the game because they've been there done that with the old content and don't really care about the new shit.

Offline XeRXeS

« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2005, 10:37:32 pm »
If Guild Wars release an expansion, I assume you will have to buy it in order to keep your version compatible with the servers. If you wanna continue "dipping" into it, you will still need to pay up (though less, of course).
They don't require you to buy them. However, if you don't, what will you do? Play the same content over and over? Not exactly lots of stuff to do in it at the moment. Chances are most people interested in the game would pick it up to play the new stuff or just quit the game because they've been there done that with the old content and don't really care about the new shit.

Difference being, if you get bored of Guild Wars, you just stop playing it for a while, and you haven't spent a whole bunch of money on it.. you can leave it for months, then go back in and start playing again from the start, without starting to shovel money into the drain again :P You can stop and start as often as you like without having to register with any company or pay more money, which is really where the advantage comes in, imo. You may have seen it all before, but MMORPGs are for the community and team levelling as much as anything else, so knowing an area isn't necessarily a fun-killer.. and if you want more stuff to do, you *can* pay some more money, but you aren't forced to.

I'm with megadokyo on this one, I'd rather spend my money on beer ;)

Offline infumouswishes

« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2005, 01:00:11 pm »
GRUBS UP LETS DO THIS...

LEEEEEEEEROOOOYY JENNNNNNNNKINS