Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 293275 times)

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #1395 on: September 06, 2007, 07:28:44 pm »
Rep grinding is over for me for now, after many days of constant AV'ing I have finally reached 999/1000 Exalted reputation with Frostwolf Clan and I got my Frostwolf Insignia Rank 6 just a few minutes ago ;D

Now all I need is some more honor and a few more marks from AV and I'm ready to go on to level 61 and beyond. Woot.

Lysix

« Reply #1396 on: September 06, 2007, 07:31:20 pm »
AV grinding >70 is useless, the gear is useless once you begin doing outland instances.

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #1397 on: September 06, 2007, 07:47:44 pm »
AV grinding >70 is useless, the gear is useless once you begin doing outland instances.

Shh, don't tell me! I'm trying to make me believe it will actually lead to something good :P
(and I suppose you mean <70)

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #1398 on: September 06, 2007, 07:50:39 pm »

Shh, don't tell me! I'm trying to make me believe it will actually lead to something good :P

If you saved all that honor and buy the veterans level 70 epics... it will lead to something good. They're technically the off-pieces to the season 2 gladiator, they rock. Top of the line for pvp specifically... but since they're scaled to teir 5 with pvp stat distrobution, they actually are pretty damn good for beginning raiding too (Like Kara and Gruul's Lair which are teir 4 dungeons). Frankly, teir 4 to teir 5 was such a leap that I prefer to wear my season 2 gladiator stuff in Teir 4 dungeons over teir 4 pve raid stuff anyway. The jump from Teir 5 to Teir 6 isn't as extreme, so I suspect it won't be the case with season 3 gear. Obviously, the top of the line gear for whatever activity you want is what you'd rather wear at this point. Gladiator season 2 (Teir 5 PvP) is best for PvP, Teir 5 and Teir 6 are best for raiding. But I still find I did considerably more DPS in Season 2 Gladiator (Teir 5) than I did in Teir 4 PvE just because the crazy jump they made from the teir 4 to teir 5 item level and stat allowance.

So... in short, the veteran stuff rocks socks for 70 and is really really good for beginning raiding.

Edit: To explain what I was saying better, I find Season 2 Gladiator (Teir 5 PvP) worn during raids is more effective than Teir 4 Raid gear. However, Season 3 gladiator (Teir 6) I doubt will be more effective for raiding than Teir 5 raid gear, since the jump from Teir 5 to Teir 6 itemlevel/stat allowance did not seem as extreme as from Teir 4 to Teir 5. Obviously, the current highest teir of pvp gear will always be best for pvp and the highest teir of raid gear will always be best for raiding, that goes without saying I think :P
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 07:56:20 pm by Drakonis »

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #1399 on: September 06, 2007, 08:09:24 pm »

If you saved all that honor and buy the veterans level 70 epics... it will lead to something good.

Yeah, I can imagine. But what I'm talking about at the moment is buying level 60 epic stuff (which I know will be replaced soon).

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #1400 on: September 06, 2007, 08:25:19 pm »

If you saved all that honor and buy the veterans level 70 epics... it will lead to something good.

Yeah, I can imagine. But what I'm talking about at the moment is buying level 60 epic stuff (which I know will be replaced soon).

Oh... no, do not do that... for the love of god =P

Outlands quest rewards will immediately replace most of them.

Save the honor for the 70 epics, they rock.

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #1401 on: September 06, 2007, 08:42:57 pm »

Butbutbut... Just one little piece? Please?

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #1402 on: September 06, 2007, 08:50:40 pm »

Butbutbut... Just one little piece? Please?

I wouldn't... :)

Once you start diving into outlands you'll see that most of the old gear from before the expansion is.... badly outdated.

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #1403 on: September 06, 2007, 08:52:52 pm »
Once you start diving into outlands you'll see that most of the old gear from before the expansion is.... badly outdated.

I already noticed that with the few quest rewards I already got from Hellfire Peninsula, but I was thinking some of the level 60 epics could last at least a few levels...

Lysix

« Reply #1404 on: September 06, 2007, 09:23:01 pm »
wrong. i bought th e level 60 epic shoulders, replaced them within the hour :P
just save up the honour for 70, you'll appreciate it!

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #1405 on: September 06, 2007, 11:02:21 pm »
Speaking of shoulders, I just got my old crappy ZF shoulders replaced with these sexy Jade Warrior Pauldrons

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #1406 on: September 07, 2007, 12:11:31 am »
The epics will have to be of at least high-end BWL (some things lire Rejuvenating Gem are still viable in SSC/TK raid levels) or AQ40 to last any time at all in Outland, really.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

MDX

« Reply #1407 on: September 08, 2007, 12:44:00 pm »
Aye becoming honoured with ogrilla has opened new sexy doors to my face. DAILY QUESTS FOR THE MONEY!

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #1408 on: September 08, 2007, 02:15:27 pm »
Yes. Daily quests should have been in the game since the start, now I can finally get money for my resto druid without having to grind stuff that takes 2 minutes to kill.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Lysix

« Reply #1409 on: September 08, 2007, 06:30:30 pm »
Yes. Daily quests should have been in the game since the start, now I can finally get money for my resto druid without having to grind stuff that takes 2 minutes to kill.

i know the feeling (holy priest ) :(
my prime pvp tactic is DOT and outheal! ftw!