Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 303350 times)

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #1380 on: August 28, 2007, 05:01:29 pm »
If a DPS shaman is good for 5-man or not depends largely on the group setup. I once grouped as healer with a warrior as tank and a rogue, meelee shaman and retribution paladin as DPS. I can assure you that I have never ever seen such high DPS in a five man, ever (sure, we lacked in AoE, but we made up for that more than well with insane DPS). When using the right totems, a shaman can increase the group's overall DPS a lot.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Lysix

« Reply #1381 on: August 28, 2007, 10:50:53 pm »
its just a shame 98% of shamen are retards :(

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #1382 on: August 28, 2007, 11:00:42 pm »
its just a shame 98% of shamen are retards :(

..doesn't that .. apply.. to almost the entire population of every realm? =D
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #1383 on: August 29, 2007, 12:32:59 am »
98% of rogues dont know how to combo or use stealth properly. (or backstab the sheep, etc)

98% of priests dont understand the 5 second rule or will consistently overheal, and fail to use flash heal in emergencies.

98% of shadow priest refuse to heal, EVER. >:-/

98% of warriors cant hold aggro/dont get aggro on Adds/aggro when DPSing

98% of mages like to pull mobs off even the best tank just before they go OOM

98% of warlocks scare the shit out of their healer by lifetapping to 1hp mid-combat.

98% of feral druids dont switch out of cat/bear to heal themselves even if the healer has announced theyre OOM.

98% of balance druids... cant think of much. fucking OOMkins/Noobkins. Healing problem from feral applies here too.

98% of resto druids.... dont exist. yeah, like anyone levels a druid on resto. Of course, at 70 they're noobs all over again.

98% of hunters cant control their pet, or at the very least, dont bother healing it in instances.

98% of shamans dont understand that they can heal, Melee or ranged DPS (or even all at once) and tend to pick only their favorite totems in group situations, even if another shaman has allready dropped the same buff one. Or they dont use any. or they drop them before pulling, then leave them behind as the warrior rushes in instead of pulling.

In conclusion, 98% of all players dont understand pulling, tanking, aggro managment or even plain english, and therefore suck.

further conclusion:
98% of all people online dont understand or speak plain english (or their own native language) and therefore suck.

final conclusion:
Theres a 98% chance that you, YES YOU, suck.
Listening to machinae may decrease your chances.
^____________________^
               \__/

Lysix

« Reply #1384 on: August 29, 2007, 01:18:40 pm »
doesn't that .. apply.. to almost the entire population of every realm? =D

the maelstroms not that bad really, id say its a 50/50 retard to smart person ratio :P
for every smart person in my group that thinks of a clever plan for a pull, an idiot somewhere else on the realm is doing something seriously stupid. thus, the balance remains!

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #1385 on: August 29, 2007, 01:55:43 pm »
And where do you put yourself, Nobby? :P
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Afterburn

• Warriors defending, one final stand
    • facebook Page
« Reply #1386 on: August 29, 2007, 02:43:31 pm »
98% of resto druids.... dont exist. yeah, like anyone levels a druid on resto.

As true as that is, I just laughed at that.
There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory.

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #1387 on: September 03, 2007, 09:41:49 pm »
And where do you put yourself, Nobby? :P
2% :P
^____________________^
               \__/

MDX

« Reply #1388 on: September 04, 2007, 01:24:35 pm »
Levelling a little warrior now, my gears pretty solid and i just need to be on for farming some raid money for repairs and general crap like that.

Really though, can anybody be bothered farming 5000G for things like epic flying mounts? i think if i managed to do that, id find myself quitting WoW

Offline Wiinis

• Excuse me, I'm off to play the grand piano
« Reply #1389 on: September 04, 2007, 06:55:28 pm »
Levelling a little warrior now, my gears pretty solid and i just need to be on for farming some raid money for repairs and general crap like that.

Really though, can anybody be bothered farming 5000G for things like epic flying mounts? i think if i managed to do that, id find myself quitting WoW

Many people can, and it really isn't that much to get. If you ask me, the problem is the huge, intimitating figure, 5000 gold. I mean, I tried to farm the money for it once, and I got to like 2.6k in less than a week (without even that much of nerding.. As I recall it) but then I got tired of it and bought The Night Blade off of AH. :P Would be awesome if we could pay the 5k gold in smaller portions, say, once a week or something. I would've had an epic mount months ago if we could. ;_;

Also, rewards from the AV weekend for me: Ring and Belt. ^_^

Spiral out, keep going

Offline H

• Gamer. Guitarist. Slacker.
    • My site
« Reply #1390 on: September 06, 2007, 04:06:09 pm »
>_>  <_<   >_>

Slow player that I am, I dinged 32 today. Fun fun.

Back to Iron Ore farming. **farms**
[Comfort the disturbed. Disturb the comfortable]
Crownus

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #1391 on: September 06, 2007, 04:47:06 pm »

Many people can, and it really isn't that much to get. If you ask me, the problem is the huge, intimitating figure, 5000 gold. I mean, I tried to farm the money for it once, and I got to like 2.6k in less than a week (without even that much of nerding.. As I recall it) but then I got tired of it and bought The Night Blade off of AH. :P Would be awesome if we could pay the 5k gold in smaller portions, say, once a week or something. I would've had an epic mount months ago if we could. ;_;

Also, rewards from the AV weekend for me: Ring and Belt. ^_^

Crazy. I got the ring and the belt too (Veteran versions I hadn't gotten).

I agree, it's not that bad but it does take a dedication of time. It's a grind like any other, not particularly harder or easier than a rep grind or an honor grind. In my opinion the easiest and smallest time consuming way to get extra gold is to unlock every single daily quest you can and find the easiest 10 to run a day and run them every day.

Ogri'la and Skettis, for those of us without epic flying mounts, are pretty much the choices. Get access to Ogri'la rep by doing the series of group quests to kill the Gronn's (Theres about 5 quests total, theyre all "Go here, kill this, loot item, return" type quests. Three you get at the same time, the other two come in specific order). The quests to get access are very easy if you have a group with a remotely compitent or geared healer and tank.

Once you get access, the higher your faction level the more daily quests you'll have available. That's just my opinion though, I haven't gotten to the point where I want to do them daily because I haven't fealt like attempting the 5000 gold grind again either. However, since I PvP and arena non-stop (or even when I was raiding non-stop) the fact is... that was EXPENSIVE. Blue arrows cost alot, repairs cost alot, potions cost alot. The daily quests, at the very least, will keep your pocket book floating as apposed to sinking while doing end-game stuff.

Lysix

« Reply #1392 on: September 06, 2007, 05:28:42 pm »
OR just save yourself a few months of time and buy the gold :P

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #1393 on: September 06, 2007, 05:43:54 pm »
OR just save yourself a few months of time and buy the gold :P

The price you pay isn't honestly worth the time. I don't like buying gold, I don't like gold spamming, etc.

I don't care if other people choose to do it, the best gear and whatnot you can't buy anyway. But honestly, from my understanding of gold prices on my server based on spam, it isn't remotely worth just grinding it out. If you get serious about grinding it out, you can get the 5000 gold alot faster than you might think.

Lysix

« Reply #1394 on: September 06, 2007, 05:50:57 pm »
im hopeless at earning gold. i do a bit of AH reselling sometimes, but then repairs and regents and water tend to drain the old balance down a bit. ill probably get there eventually..sometime..