Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 300943 times)

Lysix

Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #1365 on: August 27, 2007, 09:30:26 pm »
Edit: And let's be honest, saved for a couple overpowered combinations in 2on2 (Shadow Priest/Warlock for example) healers are almost mandatory in the arena. Theyre a bit overpowered when two dps'ers blowing cooldowns can't down a healer because of line of sight issues and rediculous healing over dps output ratios. A spell directly built to counter healing on a long cooldown is, at this point, overdue.... not to mention some kind of balance to the line of sight issues going on. :P

what bullshit. you're saying the deathknight spell is allowed because YOU cant keep a healer within your LOS?
as for outhealing your dps, well, tell me what else a holy specced priest is meant to do if it cant use the only spells its talents make beneficial?
warriors dont need mana for attacks. rogues dont need mana for attacks. hunters have autoshot and pets and their manacost for a few spells isnt that much. paladins mana regen is insane. warlocks just do insane damage anyway. the current spell as it is is overpowered, but if tis decurseable then maybe not so.

and the deathknight at 60 is a joke again, letting EVERYONE become one. games like ffxi force you to start from scratch with every new character or job class, they should stop tailoring WoW to the kids who complain that their homework time interferes with being ganked whilst questing in STV.
if you want a powerful chararcter, earn it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 09:33:24 pm by Alix__ »

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #1366 on: August 27, 2007, 10:02:38 pm »
I made a great big huge response to this, but I'm deleting it and going to respond better when I'm not at work.

But based on your answers, I gotta be honest with you...
Don't take this as an insult, but have you even played rated arena? Are you level 70? And if so, how deep into the arena ladder (rating) have you gotten?

You have some very wrong ideas about hunters, first of all... and you don't seem to know much about the current situation regarding healers in the arena. Let's face it, they're MVP in 1800+ rating.

And just as a quick FYI, a hunter cannot autoshoot and move. No healer stands in the open, we hardly get to autoshoot. Also, heres a fact for you: The smallest pillar in the arena to date with a healer running circles against it would require the hunter to reach exactly TWICE the healers speed to run circles with him and still hit him at minimum range to dead zone (BARE minimum, if you get back any you'd need to run more than twice as fast). That is epic mount speed against an unsnared target. There is no situation ever that would allow a hunter to maintain twice the speed of his target. Even if I could shoot you with wing clip and run free as a bird with cheetah without dazes, I still couldn't keep in LoS. Think I got time to autoshoot? Not really.

Are there ways around it? Yeah, there are. I can snare you and run along the pillar with you and then break off directly opposite from you than the pillar, this allows me a few seconds of shooting. It takes a while to do though, plenty of time for you to cast heal while im dead zoning myself to get past you.

Am I saying they're overpowered? No. The LoS brings strategy to it, it really does. But right now the advantage lies with the healers.

Theres a reason blizzard stated in an interview theyre going to give hunters, for example, an ability to help deal with healers. Mortal Shot was mentioned in an interview by a dev recently (source: worldofraids.com).

Trust me, another class with mortal strike or a 5 min cooldown on death knights negating a single targets heals for a short duration aint gunna break your class. It'll give other classes options to beat you rather than lucky burst or stun/silence locks, but you'll still be the powerhouse arena match definer that healers are. You just may have to do more than run around a pillar to accomplish it. Besides, imagine what retarded things you'll get at level 80.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 10:12:44 pm by Drakz0r »

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #1367 on: August 27, 2007, 10:17:40 pm »
priest love! <3
67 on mine, almost there!

Meh, theres the answer.

Arena for about 4 months (given your fresh 70 gear, you'll take a while to catch up in gear and you're gunna be very fragile - had you dinged 70 with the first arena season you woulda been like every other priest at that time that got an easy ride to 2000 rating and full gladiator to start season 2 out with assuming your partners were worth a crap.

Once you have full gladiator and alot of honor epics (which go with the gladiator, boots, belt, back, neck, rings, etc) you'll totally get it. That death knight ability won't scare you that much =P

I really won't be able to convince you the difference your character will experience if you gear him in arena and pvp epics when you step into an arena. You'll not quite get it until you start to experience it yourself. If you're lucky, you'll ding 70 and get to fight a team from another bracket and maybe get to see a healer in full season 2 and pvp epics. Watch as your dps partner pounds away on him helplessly. You'll probably lose, so don't be upset or think its a priest thing, simply because you arn't in that gear. But when you are and your heals can crit for over 6K and be spammed thoughtlessly without concerns of mana. When you almost never get crit and when you do it isnt the hits you're seeing now thanks to your 300+ resilience, and when you can run behind a huge shield and become invincible for a few seconds to heal to full... then you'll understand. :)

Overpowered? Nah, I don't want to see them nerfed. Its raid balance, it's even acceptable that the healers themselves can be so durable (although my idea of a healer is someone that can keep someone else up, but must be protected. Not the case in late arena, not at all. They can stand just fine without protection and keep themselves up). I dont want to see them nerfed, I just agree that its time there were additional ways to deal with them. And I'm sure you'll get it when you get your healer to that point.

So now your team mates may have to protect you for the duration of the death knight ability. But you'll be right back out there keeping yourself up shortly after :P

Edit: I apologize for spelling and the overall word vomit of these posts. I'm at worked, I had to ninja-type them. :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 10:25:23 pm by Drakz0r »

Lysix

« Reply #1368 on: August 27, 2007, 10:43:48 pm »
if it didnt cost so much, id migrate over to a PvE server and never pvp again. :P

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #1369 on: August 27, 2007, 10:50:40 pm »
FUCKING HUNTARDS. DONT FUCKING USE YOUR PETS ON AGGRESSIVE IN A FUCKING INSTANCE.

I'm sure drak is smart enough to understand this at 70, but i was in RFK today (with 3 huntards and my IRL freind who is a shaman. One of the huntards was 40, giving us a bit of a boost. we get into the first wide area, and we almost wipe. somehow the shaman and i keep all the players alive, the two lv 26 or so pets die. Everyone heals and drinks up, we go again. pets run off in all directions. MULTIPULL. First round of mobs die, pets choose random targets. M-M-M-M-MONSTERPULL. we wipe. everyone was at least lv25, and there was a 40. yet we wipe.

HUNTARDS, CONTROL YOUR DAMN ANIMALS.

I played a hunter til lv34 on a pvp realm and didnt find it that goddamn hard.

Also, surprisingly, priests DO need line of sight to heal. dont yell at me when you run off behind a pillar and die. you have a fucking bow, PULL for gods sake.
^____________________^
               \__/

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1370 on: August 27, 2007, 10:51:57 pm »
huntards are for losers

Lysix

« Reply #1371 on: August 27, 2007, 10:54:54 pm »
FUCKING HUNTARDS. DONT FUCKING USE YOUR PETS ON AGGRESSIVE IN A FUCKING INSTANCE.

I'm sure drak is smart enough to understand this at 70, but i was in RFK today (with 3 huntards and my IRL freind who is a shaman. One of the huntards was 40, giving us a bit of a boost. we get into the first wide area, and we almost wipe. somehow the shaman and i keep all the players alive, the two lv 26 or so pets die. Everyone heals and drinks up, we go again. pets run off in all directions. MULTIPULL. First round of mobs die, pets choose random targets. M-M-M-M-MONSTERPULL. we wipe. everyone was at least lv25, and there was a 40. yet we wipe.

HUNTARDS, CONTROL YOUR DAMN ANIMALS.

I played a hunter til lv34 on a pvp realm and didnt find it that goddamn hard.

Also, surprisingly, priests DO need line of sight to heal. dont yell at me when you run off behind a pillar and die. you have a fucking bow, PULL for gods sake.

three hunters in a party? :s

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #1372 on: August 27, 2007, 10:56:53 pm »
i never said it was a GOOD mix, but it was perfecly passable. my shaman freind is specced for tanking, im a priest, 3 hunters = good dps, right? shame it was 3x the tard. :(
^____________________^
               \__/

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #1373 on: August 27, 2007, 10:58:12 pm »
huntards are for losers

I enjoy my hunter, this is my second one. I pride myself on how I play my hunter. My favorite thing is PvPing other hunters. Most are predictable and spam abilities and drop traps at random.

Easy kills.

A hunter is easy to pick up and mash buttons with, but challenging and rewarding to play. They've certainly got their problems in the arena, but when you manage to overcome them and put the situation exactly where you want it... man, is it fun.

Only class I've ever played where I spend so much time setting people up and get to drop the bomb on them when it works out ;).

Edit: And I've totally kicked a hunter out of my party. I've played as all three specs and played a full character lifespan as both beast and marks. I prefer beast end game, I do more raid damage (believe it or not, heh.. was #1 dps in my guild before I quit) and I pvp better in small arenas (2on2, 3v3 is pretty close) - I 2v2 the most.

Pet control is VERY important and alot of the crappy hunters never learn it.. I ain't insulted, theres alot of bad hunters. But I can say the same about most other classes too. Rogues in particular drive me nuts. Break sheep again and try to offtank and I'll impale you with a rocket. :\
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 11:05:35 pm by Drakz0r »

Lysix

« Reply #1374 on: August 27, 2007, 11:04:16 pm »
i never said it was a GOOD mix, but it was perfecly passable. my shaman freind is specced for tanking, im a priest, 3 hunters = good dps, right? shame it was 3x the tard. :(

just for the record; never EVER let a shaman tank. EVER.
shamen from my experience are idiots. let them dps or do nothing at all :)

Offline allochthomas

« Reply #1375 on: August 27, 2007, 11:52:18 pm »
huntards are for losers

you racist basterd!
everytime i try to group up, people start bitching about how noobish hunters are and how fucking epic mages are etc. :(

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #1376 on: August 28, 2007, 01:33:20 am »
HuntERS are fine. HunTARDS are for losers. Mages are for masochists.
^____________________^
               \__/

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1377 on: August 28, 2007, 02:30:02 am »
Warriors are for people with BALLS OF STEEL.

Btw losers can be cool too, so dont feel down when you have a hunter

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #1378 on: August 28, 2007, 02:54:04 am »
The real losers are blood elf warlocks. I mean, you could be undead or orc, yet you pick the nancy-boy option? BE pallys i just pity.
^____________________^
               \__/

Offline Wiinis

• Excuse me, I'm off to play the grand piano
« Reply #1379 on: August 28, 2007, 11:12:50 am »
just for the record; never EVER let a shaman tank. EVER.
shamen from my experience are idiots. let them dps or do nothing at all :)

Then they'll over dps, as they have almost no way of controlling aggro, and die. Whoo. Also, their dps can't match that of a real dps-class. Healing is, in my opinion, the only thing shammys can do in 5-man instances. I am not saying that shamans can't do dps in a 5-man instance, but the spot would be better filled with a class designed for dps. And of course, if the shaman isn't a complete retard he can assist healing if needed. Also, they can ressurect if, for example, the priest dies, has ankh and so on.

But yeah, there really isn't such a thing as "tank spec" for shamans. Although, I guess they could manage tanking at such a low level, instances are a joke before Uldaman and Zul'Farrak. I remember tanking SM Cath on my shaman when I was leveling it over a year ago, but as I recall they removed the extra aggro from Earth Shock and/or Rockbiter Weapon.

BE pallys i just pity.

Care to elaborate? ;_;

Spiral out, keep going