Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 304114 times)

MDX

Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #1335 on: August 25, 2007, 01:18:11 pm »
theres gonna be a hero class for each character, death knight i think is for warrior/paladin, can't remember/care much less.

So shamans will get one too, i doubt blizz will not let you go back to your original character, but i think hero class is going to be the way forward, wheather its PVP focused or PVE attuneable, i don't know. But i forsee everybody working to 80 and getting Hero class on the way.

Lysix

« Reply #1336 on: August 25, 2007, 01:34:16 pm »

So shamans will get one too, i doubt blizz will not let you go back to your original character,

deathknights are created in another character slot, they dont take over your original character or have any effect on them :(

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #1337 on: August 25, 2007, 03:12:08 pm »
i cant wait for the hero class priest. :D hopefully its shadow based. a hero class healer would be LAAAAME.
^____________________^
               \__/

Lysix

« Reply #1338 on: August 25, 2007, 06:39:47 pm »
i cant wait for the hero class priest. :D

my highest toon is 33. :(

my CURRENT toon is 21.

keep going :P

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #1339 on: August 25, 2007, 06:47:07 pm »
by the time i ding 70 on my priest, WoW 3 will be out, and there'll only be one 'classic' WoW server left. :P
^____________________^
               \__/

Lysix

« Reply #1340 on: August 25, 2007, 06:48:11 pm »
priest love! <3
67 on mine, almost there!

MDX

« Reply #1341 on: August 25, 2007, 09:07:27 pm »

So shamans will get one too, i doubt blizz will not let you go back to your original character,

deathknights are created in another character slot, they dont take over your original character or have any effect on them :(

oh, we'll see. We'll see.

Lysix

« Reply #1342 on: August 25, 2007, 09:35:35 pm »
well, considering blizzard confirmed it several times..:P

players will unlock the ability to create a new death knight character, which will begin play at a high experience level.

not the best evidence, but i dont feel like sifting through blizzcon footage :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 09:39:54 pm by Alix__ »

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #1343 on: August 25, 2007, 09:56:23 pm »
They said something like "We didn't want you to feel you lost anything by going for a hero class, so we decided to make it for new characters only." In one interrview they mentioned that the Death Knight might start out by breaking out of Stratholme after having deserted from the Scourge. Pretty cool, IMHO.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

MDX

« Reply #1344 on: August 25, 2007, 10:54:10 pm »
well, considering blizzard confirmed it several times..:P

Link me to these confirmations, can my comments hint any more? :                                                             P

Id find it my self, but im not going to.

Lysix

« Reply #1345 on: August 25, 2007, 11:08:34 pm »
Link me to these confirmations, can my comments hint any more? :                                                             P

i really don't feel like lo- oh wait;

Id find it my self, but im not going to.

stalemate!

Offline Afterburn

• Warriors defending, one final stand
    • facebook Page
« Reply #1346 on: August 26, 2007, 04:17:59 am »
Am I the only WoW player in the existence who doesn't want a Death Knight? Sure, they seem totally hawt an' all, but if you have to sacrifice your old character for it, instead of it turning into the Death Knight or lvling a new character from 1, I'm not intrested. I love my characters, and would never change them for some new, bright an' shiny character handed to me for doing some quest line. :P

No, its been confirmed already that you don't have to get rid of your main character, you're just unlocking the class for play is all.

theres gonna be a hero class for each character, death knight i think is for warrior/paladin, can't remember/care much less.

So shamans will get one too, i doubt blizz will not let you go back to your original character, but i think hero class is going to be the way forward, wheather its PVP focused or PVE attuneable, i don't know. But i forsee everybody working to 80 and getting Hero class on the way.

Well, I don't know if there is going to be an every class-specific hero class, or if we'll even see more at all. Sure Blizzard's said there's a possibility for more hero classes to be added into the game, but I don't think it'll be one for each of the different eight classes, I mean, look at WC3, there were more than eight hero classes. Death Knight, Mountain King, Archmage, Blademaster, Far Seer, and a few others I can name, but not off the top of my head at the moment, I could if I had my copy of WC3, but my friend whom I loaned it to lose it.

But on the subject of Death Knights, I don't think they're going to be all that great as they're glorified to be. Sure, dual-wielding or two-handed tanking seems godly powerful, but would it honestly be the best and every raid would die to have? If so, it would totally fuck up the itemization for other classes and the Death Knight class itself, as with most of the tank classes (warriors excepted), there's a flaw in each of their tank talents. Paladins' mitigation and health, a druid's not being able to block and some mitigation factors and all that nice stuff, so Death Knights wouldn't see that many tanking roles, prolly a 2-handed rogue who can dish out enough dps as if it were dual-wielding with a 2-handed weapon. Warriors are the best tanking class there is and no other class should surpass them in tanking, but by all means let the Death Knights be a hybrid tank/dps class, I can't rightfully bitch about hybrid tank classes, my paladin's protection spec as it is.
There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory.

MDX

« Reply #1347 on: August 26, 2007, 04:43:21 pm »
Pearly pearls, of pearlsdom. I just wonder what use its going to have in end game level 80 raiding, im sure theyre gonna bring in a strange new concept that will need more tanks, or something thatll make death knights viable within the new raids. For gods sake we're only on leo in SSC atm, and a'lar in TK, (my guild, no DW in general, the horde side are on BT already). So frustrating not to be lightyears ahead like those other guild with no RL's.

I want to lose my RL :(.. :) nah i don't, FCK BT!

Not british telecom, black temple. New discussion, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Lysix

« Reply #1348 on: August 26, 2007, 06:48:21 pm »
my guild ran kara last night, and managed to down Aran from 25% down with only 4 people :P

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
« Reply #1349 on: August 26, 2007, 08:30:33 pm »
Level 57 now, already 20% of the way into 58 - Outlands here I come!