Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 303468 times)

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #1320 on: August 22, 2007, 04:43:10 pm »
I'm just getting my hunter loaded up on Merciless Gladiator gear at this point... Been 2on2ing with a Frost Mage (my girlfriend). We're doing pretty well, it's kinda chaotic. Some weeks we'll blare past 1800 rating, some weeks we'll get kicked all the way down to 1720 or so. It's a vicious cycle, but we get a healthy number of points and I'm one of the few hunters on my server rated that high in 2on2's... which is a good feeling, most hunters on my server gave up on the 2on2 bracket :P

We just started a 3on3 with a paladin and while our pally is seriously undergeared, he's really good and we're doing very well. Hope to get that rolling again this week and see how we do.

Either way, im gettin pretty loaded in gladiator gear which is nice. I had taken a rather large extended break, so hadn't got points for a while. I'd probably be 4/5 at the rate were going (if not the full set), so I don't think it's gunna take long.

Other than that, been leveling my Warlock. Got him to 40 the other day. Free mount ftw! :P

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #1321 on: August 22, 2007, 04:48:09 pm »
Warlock @ 39
Hunter @ 39
Rogue @ 38

Gnarrh!
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #1322 on: August 22, 2007, 06:31:11 pm »
We killed Vashj yesterday, and there was much rejoicing.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Lysix

« Reply #1323 on: August 22, 2007, 07:55:59 pm »
level 66, only 4 more levels to go!
our guilds in kara atm, im not entirely sure how far theyve progressed but we hope to join them soon :)

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #1324 on: August 24, 2007, 09:06:02 pm »
I am so making a Death Knight. I play in a 2on2 Arena team without a healer. We do quite well considering, but healers are quite overpowered in the arena. I would love to be a healer killer... if this isn't fake (doesn't appear to be, it's all over the interweb now) and it doesnt get nerfed, which I doubt it will be since it's effectively the evil version of a paladin bubble (which is quite powerful itself)...

"Unholy Embrace" - Instant Cast. 5 min cooldown
Target is embraced by a silhouette of darkness for 12 seconds, corrupting any healing spells and effects cast upon or currently affecting the target to cause damage for 50% of their healing potential instead of restoring health. Any damage shields cast upon or currently affecting the target will also be instantly consumed, dealing 50% of their absorption potential in damage. Once afflicted with Unholy Embrace, the target cannot be afflicted with Unholy Embrace again for 1 minute."

Not bad for a signature move for the new class eh? I was looking forward to Death Knight anyway, I said when I first heard about WoW that's what I wanted to play. I was sad when they didn't make it into the original game. Now I'm completely psyched about enjoying one.

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
« Reply #1325 on: August 24, 2007, 09:16:52 pm »
Target is embraced by a silhouette of darkness for 12 seconds, corrupting any healing spells and effects cast upon or currently affecting the target to cause damage for 50% of their healing potential instead of restoring health. Any damage shields cast upon or currently affecting the target will also be instantly consumed, dealing 50% of their absorption potential in damage. Once afflicted with Unholy Embrace, the target cannot be afflicted with Unholy Embrace again for 1 minute."

Woah, that's a pretty awesome spell :o
Now I'm even more convinced that I must have a Death Knight.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1326 on: August 24, 2007, 10:36:41 pm »
Cool

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #1327 on: August 24, 2007, 10:50:45 pm »
NOW they make the Death Knight... Damn you Blizzard!
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1328 on: August 24, 2007, 10:54:27 pm »
No wait.. if i remember correctly the phrase was damn you Anthony.

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #1329 on: August 24, 2007, 11:01:07 pm »
I doubt i'll ever reach level 70, so i expect i'll never have one of these awesome characters :(
^____________________^
               \__/

Lysix

« Reply #1330 on: August 24, 2007, 11:28:43 pm »
I am so making a Death Knight. I play in a 2on2 Arena team without a healer. We do quite well considering, but healers are quite overpowered in the arena. I would love to be a healer killer... if this isn't fake (doesn't appear to be, it's all over the interweb now) and it doesnt get nerfed, which I doubt it will be since it's effectively the evil version of a paladin bubble (which is quite powerful itself)...

Not bad for a signature move for the new class eh? I was looking forward to Death Knight anyway, I said when I first heard about WoW that's what I wanted to play. I was sad when they didn't make it into the original game. Now I'm completely psyched about enjoying one.

you're telling me thats not overpowered?
so if i criticly heal for 6k, i get hit for 3k? From a stupid debuff? bullshit spell. thats what it is.
hopefully dispellable.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #1331 on: August 24, 2007, 11:33:20 pm »
It does appear overpowered, the whole point in a Death Knight is to be the counter-part to Paladin, he should have health funneling and mana funnelling, diseases which affect peoples in different ways, reduce enemies armour in an aura and attacks which help him regenerate or partially heal his health and pretty decent melee skills... But what do I know about WoW? :<
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Lysix

« Reply #1332 on: August 24, 2007, 11:45:00 pm »
that spell will get nerfed should it be true, ill make sure of it :P

Offline Afterburn

• Warriors defending, one final stand
    • facebook Page
« Reply #1333 on: August 25, 2007, 01:20:49 am »
The Sunwell Plateau.. I'm excited.
There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory.

Offline Wiinis

• Excuse me, I'm off to play the grand piano
« Reply #1334 on: August 25, 2007, 12:37:52 pm »
Am I the only WoW player in the existence who doesn't want a Death Knight? Sure, they seem totally hawt an' all, but if you have to sacrifice your old character for it, instead of it turning into the Death Knight or lvling a new character from 1, I'm not intrested. I love my characters, and would never change them for some new, bright an' shiny character handed to me for doing some quest line. :P

Spiral out, keep going