Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 304057 times)

MDX

Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #1140 on: June 21, 2007, 02:30:36 pm »
Reason for awkward enchanct on your weapon? you a melee priest? :D

Offline Wiinis

• Excuse me, I'm off to play the grand piano
« Reply #1141 on: June 21, 2007, 03:02:21 pm »
Outland is rather cool after Hellfire Peninsula, in my opinion. Love Zangarmarsh and Nagrand. ^^ Quests are mostly the same pointless ones as always, but there's some fun/different quests every now and then. Insane experience there on lvl 58 I hear by the way, like doubled or something. Also, lotsa neat equip starting from the very first quests.

And I'm guessing the enchant is for added shininess? :P

Spiral out, keep going

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1142 on: June 21, 2007, 03:09:40 pm »
I was in awe when I first got to Hellfire - but that was because it was a new place at last.
Zangarmarsh was a let down - I got sick of mushrooms. But then following that with Terokkar made up for it - I love Terokkar. Nagrand was fantastic too. In fact, it was only Zangarmarsh that wasn't insta-wow.

Lysix

« Reply #1143 on: June 21, 2007, 03:35:50 pm »
Reason for awkward enchanct on your weapon? you a melee priest? :D

And I'm guessing the enchant is for added shininess? :P

I never bother with proper weapon enchants, so i just go for the nice glows. Not that a staff with a burning flame at the top needs one.. :P

looking foward to outland nowz!

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #1144 on: June 21, 2007, 05:34:11 pm »
Ran Karazahn last night with my beast specced hunter..

Topped the damage charts (with pet damage included). Sat at about 1800 ranged ATK PWR and 35+% chance to crit. Raid buffs for the win! :P

Was my first Kara run. Downed Big Bad Wolf (opera event), Curator, and did Chess event. Tonight we're hitting Shade of Aran and going for the Prince. Pray he drops his bow then pray I win it, we have two hunters in our team 1 raiding group :P

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
« Reply #1145 on: June 21, 2007, 05:43:27 pm »
Ran Karazahn (...) going for the Prince. Pray he drops his bow then pray I win it

Aye, that bow is awesome. When I was still playing my hunter, my goal was to get that at some point. Looks pretty sexy, too. It be this one, right?

On another note, I am now level 40 with my paladin and I haef mount(s). Woot.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 05:45:13 pm by StickyLizard »

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #1146 on: June 21, 2007, 05:53:27 pm »
Ran Karazahn (...) going for the Prince. Pray he drops his bow then pray I win it

Aye, that bow is awesome. When I was still playing my hunter, my goal was to get that at some point. Looks pretty sexy, too. It be this one, right?

Work blocks Wowhead for whatever reason, thottbot kinda works though... so this one:
https://www.thotbott.com/i28772

Sunfury bow of the phoenix. :P

No hunter junk dropped in Kara last night, so I'm hoping the second half drops me some lewts :P

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #1147 on: June 21, 2007, 05:55:24 pm »

Work blocks Wowhead for whatever reason, thottbot kinda works though... so this one:
https://www.thotbott.com/i28772

Sunfury bow of the phoenix. :P

Yeah, that's the one :) Kinda makes me wish I still played hunter.

Also, notice the item number in both the Thottbot and Wowhead links is the same. Funneh.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 05:58:41 pm by StickyLizard »

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #1148 on: June 21, 2007, 06:05:49 pm »
Our 5 dps'ers in Kara were me, a marks hunter, a frost mage (my girlfriend), warlock, and a rogue. I was really expecting to be 3rd or 4th on DPS. Was kinda shocked I was able to pull off a consistent 1st as a beast spec. My pet is absolutely awesome and thanks to avoidance he isn't getting shrugged off by AE's or cleaves (which are frontal now, so I can have him avoid them anyway).

I had rolled a warlock, to be honest, when I was getting frustrated with arena as a marks hunter. Had no raiding guild (wasn't even kara keyed) and got the lock up to 34 or so. Ended up, out of boredom respeccing to beast (which I thought was too relient on beastial wrath so I hated the idea, I was wrong about the beastial wrath thing).

After a winning streak that brought my 2on2 arena up to 1770 (where we stopped, since I had enough for my teir 2 arena helmet when season two started the following week) I started trying some instances. Found a guy wanting a few people for group 2 and a priest for group 1 kara in his guild, so my little guild of friends merged with them. I ran the instances to get kara keyed, saw the PVE potential of beast and liked it. Got invited to kara on a whim, bout half way through was told that we were performing very well and told we're now permanent in raid group 1. Now I gotta be back tonight :)

I'm excited, first raiding experience in WoW. Just glad I'm doing good DPS :)

Group 1, as of right now, is this makeup:

Prot Warrior (Main Tank)
Feral Druid (Secondary Tank)
Resto Shaman (Healing)
Holy Priest (Healing)
Holy Paladin (Healing)
Beast Hunter (me; dps)
Marks Hunter (dps)
Warlock (dps)
Frost Mage (dps)
Rogue (dps)

Nothing really gave us trouble last night, hehe.

Offline Wiinis

« Reply #1149 on: June 21, 2007, 09:41:58 pm »
What the hell was the rogue doing? :P Had some whore Shadowstep build or something? Rogues should never ever lose to hunters in dps. Ever.

Started an arena team with a friend, so might get some free epex in the next few months. Also, I bidded on this today just for the heck of it and, dammit, happened to win it. Buh bye 1.6k gold. ;_; Oh well, after getting a gladiator dagger it'll be a nice offhand for Mutilate spec, so I guess it wasn't wasted. And I can always just sell it back with a higher price if I never equip it. ^^

Spiral out, keep going

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #1150 on: June 21, 2007, 10:04:23 pm »
Rogues should never ever lose to hunters in dps. Ever.

Yesterday night in SM cathedral we had a really imba rogue who did 50% more damage than the one in our group who did the second most damage. Then, at the bosses where the damage counters were reset, I, as a retribution paladin, managed to out-dps him. Later the same night we did it again and the same thing happened. Now that's something that should never happen :P

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
« Reply #1151 on: June 21, 2007, 11:06:26 pm »
He's combat daggers. Adr Rush/Blade Fury deal.

I don't know why people hate the idea of hunters doing significant raid damage, lol. People also sorely understimate beast masters. I played marks for a long, long, long time. Beast is more DPS if you're geared decently and can manage your shot rotation AND your pet. And with the increased raid pet survivability now, pet death wasn't an issue and he's dealing substantial damage with raid buffs.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1152 on: June 22, 2007, 01:28:44 am »
I'm gonna paraphrase MDX on this:

"It's not the class or spec, it's the player."

In other words, Drak, you're awesome. :-*

MDX

« Reply #1153 on: June 22, 2007, 04:10:37 am »
Darn tootin'

Offline Wiinis

« Reply #1154 on: June 22, 2007, 07:02:42 am »
He's combat daggers. Adr Rush/Blade Fury deal.

I don't know why people hate the idea of hunters doing significant raid damage, lol. People also sorely understimate beast masters. I played marks for a long, long, long time. Beast is more DPS if you're geared decently and can manage your shot rotation AND your pet. And with the increased raid pet survivability now, pet death wasn't an issue and he's dealing substantial damage with raid buffs.

Well, wouldn't say "hate", but it just sounds so absurd to me. :) From my experience, hunters are simply crappy dps. Although, that's based on 5man instances and lvl 60 raiding... And what I've heard from friends who raid at 70. But I suppose this:

I'm gonna paraphrase MDX on this:

"It's not the class or spec, it's the player."

In other words, Drak, you're awesome. :-*

Is the case here. So, y'know, go you. ^^

Spiral out, keep going