Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 285461 times)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #1080 on: June 13, 2007, 05:06:53 pm »
Gratz mate! Just 10 more levels to feign death! I love to run around and then suddently die all the time... =P
ohhh really, i remember the Lineage 2 Treasure Hunter class had that skill, i loved it, make a train, then fake death, and watch all the mobs hack in on random people screaming stuff :)
LEVEL 68 LETS GET IT GRYNDING!!!
Almost 70 !!

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #1081 on: June 13, 2007, 08:06:36 pm »
Still play my 70 Blood Elf Hunter.. but just started a BE Warlock. Got him to 22 last night. He's pretty fun ;)
is he any good in pvp ?

I'm geared 100% for PvP. I was doing fantastic in battlegrounds and world PvP (pvp server). I fealt great in those fields... but I'm all about the 2on2 arena. I was marksman/surv spec. My partner is a frost mage. It wasn't working well.

So last night I respecced beast/marks. Now I am highly effective in the arena 2on2's, so I'll report more on that later :)

But yes, all around - if you can play the hunter well and gear him in the right direction (hitpoints are very important), you can PvP effectively. If you play him poorly or gear him wrong, you're doomed.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1082 on: June 14, 2007, 02:07:57 am »
Cripes ! Oh well. :) Im wielding the blue item 'sun staff somthing, from the blood elf village.. it gives +10 int and +4 sta, i shoot with the bow though.

currently my pet is a dragonfury, they have great dps and splash damage =]

Lysix

« Reply #1083 on: June 14, 2007, 02:12:44 am »
You're a hunter..with a staff of the sun?
How the hell do you melee dps? There was a sindorei warblade reward from that same quest that you should've chosen. :P
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 02:14:15 am by Alix__ »

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1084 on: June 14, 2007, 02:22:10 am »
You're a hunter..with a staff of the sun?
How the hell do you melee dps? There was a sindorei warblade reward from that same quest that you should've chosen. :P

I know, but the melee dps is the same on the blade as on the staff :)

both 18.4 or something.

Sides, blade had str and all my skills are int based... and i have a pet.

Lysix

« Reply #1085 on: June 14, 2007, 02:24:38 am »
What about the speed? Im sure the blade is faster.
And your ranged attacks and melee are, true, mana based. But they deal physical damage, and they need stats to boost it up. Hunters aren't mana whores, it isnt their primary concern.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1086 on: June 14, 2007, 02:25:43 am »
Well im a newbie and like 70% of my guild was like get the staff so meh. :) i'll just go do shadowfangkeep and get some items there.

Lysix

« Reply #1087 on: June 14, 2007, 02:29:15 am »
I looked it up and sure enough the staff and sword do the same dps, the sword being SLOWER :P
So for a lowbie item its alrighty, but dont go getting everything simply with +int. you need more than just that one stat :)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1088 on: June 14, 2007, 02:35:59 am »
Yeah, i figured, thanks for checking it out !

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
« Reply #1089 on: June 14, 2007, 11:44:24 am »
If I may contribute to your little discussion, I'd say that a hunter needs intellect over strength. As a hunter you will only rarely have to go into melee combat, and since strength only affects your melee attack power, it's a stat you don't really need. Sure, your pet benefits from it since it gains a percentage of your stats, but still the best stat for a hunter would be agility. Agility gives you ranged attack power, which your pet also benefits from. Furthermore, the +armor and +crit chance from the agility are very nice bonuses.

And back to the intellect: At low levels your total mana won't mean that much, but when you get higher (at least from my experiences on my level 52 hunter) mana will be your primary resource and will run out pretty quickly if you don't have plenty of +int bonuses. Even at low levels I would as a hunter take intellect over strength any time, though.

MDX

« Reply #1090 on: June 14, 2007, 12:34:49 pm »
pearls, beautiful pearls, of wisdom, i resepct your knowledge sticky!

I tried explaining that to a 61 hunter in my guild, he doesnt believe that 1 str = 2 melee AP. so the arguement was lost before i even made it to the agility/ranged attack power arguement, where by.. they are in fact, related.

Moral? ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM! nah thats not a moral. I love it though.

RAD~u horde on deathwing? or alliance?

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1091 on: June 14, 2007, 12:48:38 pm »
If I may contribute to your little discussion, I'd say that a hunter needs intellect over strength. As a hunter you will only rarely have to go into melee combat, and since strength only affects your melee attack power, it's a stat you don't really need. Sure, your pet benefits from it since it gains a percentage of your stats, but still the best stat for a hunter would be agility. Agility gives you ranged attack power, which your pet also benefits from. Furthermore, the +armor and +crit chance from the agility are very nice bonuses.

And back to the intellect: At low levels your total mana won't mean that much, but when you get higher (at least from my experiences on my level 52 hunter) mana will be your primary resource and will run out pretty quickly if you don't have plenty of +int bonuses. Even at low levels I would as a hunter take intellect over strength any time, though.

In a raid/group PvE situation, Agi > Sta > Int > Str is best for a Hunter. The hunter never needs to be involved in melee here so your concentration needs to be on your spellshot (Aim Shot/Arcane Shot/Multi Shot/Volley/etc) use.

In PvP, you need to have more Strength as it is more likely an enemy will approach you directly, forcing you to use your melee weapons.

However, in both PvP and PvE it is important to stat yourself better for your chosen spec. Beast Mastery requires more Strength as this stat benefits your pets power greatly and this is very popular in PvP. Marksmanship requires more Intellect as it concentrates more on your spellshots (this is more popular in PvE raid). Survival is more about Agility/Intellect as it goes on your normal white damage power and on traps.

MDX

« Reply #1092 on: June 14, 2007, 12:58:53 pm »
laser you should come back to wow.

That is, if you haven't.. already?

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1093 on: June 14, 2007, 01:12:39 pm »
laser you should come back to wow.

That is, if you haven't.. already?

I haven't. And I've surprised myself that I felt little urge to return. I gone back on occasionally (while my subscription is still running until late July) but realised there's nothing I want to do on it anymore. I've achieved loads (in raiding, solo-grinding, PvP) and achieving any else will only require so much time that I'm not willing to give.

Lysix

« Reply #1094 on: June 14, 2007, 02:38:12 pm »
Almost, ALMOST level 54, then i can wear my tier 0 gloves. like zomg omg etc.