Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 292758 times)

Lysix

Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #1050 on: May 25, 2007, 05:59:21 pm »
This wand dropped in felwood the other day, and as my wand was shite in comparison i rolled need.
Then i got accused of being a ninja and the random guy who joined us left and placed me on ignore, despite linking him my previous wand and proving that i actually needed it.
Asses. :(

MDX

« Reply #1051 on: May 25, 2007, 11:09:58 pm »
You have a very boring sheltered sight of WoW, i pity your playing experience. For one, on my server, druids and Shamans are tops, and people dont seethem was "tryingtobeeverything" classes, the word is hybrid, and its how blizzard made them. how you spec them it entirely up to you, balancing is fair enough but a good shaman player will choose restoration at 70 and go healer until he has the great gear, then once youre noticed and have better credentials, getting into one of the tops guilds on the server is childs play.

Shamans are still new fangled things for the alliance, and druids are just insanely good now. And warriors can destroy, very very badly. You'd have to take one to 70 to know that though.

Also: Btw i wasnt talking about that particular quote, just the babbling i read the last few pages.

Does nobody read patch notes? or anything? sometimes? fortnightly? even for a seconds? CHRIST ON A BIKE PEOPLE!

@RAD: lol, you should come my server, we can make mini players and go ninja everybody! "dont trust rad in minimech! theyre fuxing ninjas!!!"

I discarded that entire post, seeing as though I've been playing for two years. A downsight longer than you.
Every shaman I've partied with has tried to tank, act as healer, or do the job we never asked him to do. Druids are good, granted, as most players I've met know how to play their class and utilise their role as a hybrid.  Shamen are just greedy sods who try to fit a giant cake in their very small mouth.
As for my supposed "sheltered sight" of the game, well, when you've played the game for as long as i have, back to the point where the honour system never existed and people shrugged when you mentioned the word battlegrounds, and experienced the majority of pre TBC high end stuff, you'll understand.
Besides, the heart of the game isn't about raiding and getting stupid epic items to show off to random strangers. It's about meeting new people, enjoying yourself and sharing adventures with them. Most of my /played time was spent just wandering around with friends i made and making films, or enjoying myself. All level 70s who raid every day will tell you that high end is a chore after the first few times.
And you cant earn "credentials" and rise up some make believe ladder. You join a guild, you do what they tell you.

Ok im done. :)

Yawn, 2 years or something.

Anyway the point is, i just read your post, something you mighta done before talking all that, whatever you just.. said. I don't care how long you've played the game, doesn't change your attitude to it. I've played the game a year and a half, and probably have seen the most stupid players in my entire time, as you also have, that includes druids, rogues, warriors, priests, bla, bla, bla. Its the player not the class, i don't try to be a tank, hell i wear mail for christs sake, im not the iron man, im the MAIL man, i don't deliver mail, i wear it. Full resto healing shaman CAN heal and does do a damn good job if geared properly and knows what theyre doing, this is the same situation for every, single, class. Where did i start yarning about getting epixxx and being the best there is? Ahh yes, i didn't. What i did say was that people who play the game in that fashion should consider that route of shaman, don't pull shaman down just because you're too ignorant to understand the class and only see the player.

Every online game SHOULD be about meeting new people, shit! you win, gz!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 11:12:02 pm by Mecha y Möcha »

Lysix

« Reply #1052 on: May 25, 2007, 11:12:04 pm »
Yawn, 2 years or something.

Anyway the point is, i just read your post, something you mighta done before talking all that, whatever you just.. said. I don't care how long you've played the game, doesn't change your attitude to it. I've played the game a year and a half, and probably have seen the most stupid players in my entire time, as you also have, that includes druids, rogues, warriors, priests, bla, bla, bla. Its the player not the class, i don't try to be a tank, hell i wear mail for christs sake, im not the iron man, im the MAIL man, i don't deliver mail, i wear it. Full resto healing shaman CAN heal and does do a damn good job if geared properly and knows what theyre doing, this is the same situation for every, single, class. Where did i start yarning about getting epixxx and being the best there is? Ahh yes, i didn't.

Every online game SHOULD be about meeting new people, shit! you win, gz!

It's a shame most of the retarded players in this game are those who play shamen.
"Omgz! I can be a healer or a tank or a caster! me so kl!". Sure, when specced they can do one of those three properly, but not when theyre in the middle of tanking a boss and decide to suddenly become a healer. Or when a caster finds it fun to draw aggro and "tank".
Doesn't work that way.
I'm not even continuing this discussion with you. We're taking a game too seriously.

MDX

« Reply #1053 on: May 25, 2007, 11:13:36 pm »
Of course it doesn't, thats just, well, stupid. And totally down to the PLAYER playing the character. You HAVE to see me point here, please tell me you understand what im trying to say here. You dont choose shaman and suddenly get fucked with the dumb stick.

Nah im just taking your cheeky attitude to me a tad on the not impressed side, it IS a game. So why flare up about it.

Lysix

« Reply #1054 on: May 25, 2007, 11:15:08 pm »
Of course it doesn't, thats just, well, stupid. And totally down to the PLAYER playing the character. You HAVE to see me point here, please tell me you understand what im trying to say here. You dont choose shaman and suddenly get fucked with the dumb stick.

Well of course, a good player can master any class. But its just unfortunate the newbs sway for the shaman or druid just because of how much they can do. I've yet to find a decent shaman player who hasn't caused the party to wipe due to their thinking they can do everything at once.
You gotta love my cheeky attitude, boy.

MDX

« Reply #1055 on: May 25, 2007, 11:18:31 pm »
If only i was a boy. Well i don't :) Anyway be clearer with your point next time, it'll save me 3 posts. That "noob taking on class" theory is stronger for shaman recently just because of TBC. Before that it was paladin. Now its both, and druid. Noobs should stick to being mages and rogues, or warlocks.

Great classes, but much easier to understand in raid situations.

Lysix

« Reply #1056 on: May 25, 2007, 11:20:44 pm »
I think two classes that noobs shouldn't play are priests and warriors. Imo theyre two classes where you really have to keep focused on the fights. DPS classes like mages and rogues just hammer away, the other two have to make sure nobody dies. :(

MDX

« Reply #1057 on: May 25, 2007, 11:30:57 pm »
true enough ,for a fancy free experience in wow, i suggest the roguelock!

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #1058 on: May 29, 2007, 06:14:08 am »
.... i play GW...and have been for 2 years now :/

Never got into WoW....friend gave me a few free trial passes....but never stuck to me.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1059 on: May 29, 2007, 04:25:14 pm »
I think two classes that noobs shouldn't play are priests and warriors. Imo theyre two classes where you really have to keep focused on the fights. DPS classes like mages and rogues just hammer away, the other two have to make sure nobody dies. :(
o.0
Well i have still managed to hold aggro, but yeah i guess ill get the hang of it.

Lysix

« Reply #1060 on: May 30, 2007, 02:03:09 pm »
Well i have still managed to hold aggro, but yeah i guess ill get the hang of it.

I only mean hopeless noobs who have no idea what they're doing (despite playing for so long). You've just started and you're learning how to play, its different :)

Offline Trias

« Reply #1061 on: May 30, 2007, 02:20:59 pm »
so more of a newbie than a noob then...

Lysix

« Reply #1062 on: May 30, 2007, 02:24:51 pm »
Rads a newbie, yep. [:

MDX

« Reply #1063 on: May 31, 2007, 03:20:56 pm »
<3 the fresh.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1064 on: June 01, 2007, 01:51:03 am »
Yeah, i haven't gotten at your point, where you're just a blankstaring zombie grinding untill you fall asleep in front of your monitor.