Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 292732 times)

Offline Wiinis

• Excuse me, I'm off to play the grand piano
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #915 on: April 14, 2007, 03:21:11 am »

Haha. Someone Mentioned Gaijin in some context the other day on /2 (not an exactly uncommon word, but not widely used either), makes me instantly think of you. xD

Earlier today, me and teh girl had 4 level 45 mobs on us, which usually we'd clear just barely. Suddenly, a level 43 shaman walks in and takes us both out (not exactly hard). Five minute spirit run later, i see him taking on a level 44 pirate guy, so i ran in and gave him what he deserved.
Met a 49 mage soon after and karma hit me back in the face.
With a frostbolt.

Gank and be ganked. The oldest rule in WoW, I bet. :p

And about humans... Perception omgwtflaeoleimbahxD!!!11 Sword/mace spec is nice for rogues/warriors (and pallys too, I'd guess).

Spiral out, keep going

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #916 on: April 14, 2007, 04:27:29 am »
I chose Human 'cos I wanted to be a mage no matter what and being on Alliance I was sure as hell not gonna play a Gnome ;) I really wish they had elf mages back then...

We've always had this question going around in my group: If you had gone for the opposite faction with your first (assuming, main) character, what would you have been? I'd've been a mage still, probably Troll.

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
« Reply #917 on: April 14, 2007, 09:27:42 am »
Anyone else read the 2.10 patchnotes? It's a biggun, theyve got new areas, new arena, tier 6, nerfs and buffs for everyone and such PLUS the 280 percent speed netherdrake mount.

Druids also get an EPIC flying form to match their current flying form, only faster. Suddenly I would kinda have liked to be a druid :)

And to Laser's question:
We've always had this question going around in my group: If you had gone for the opposite faction with your first (assuming, main) character, what would you have been? I'd've been a mage still, probably Troll.
I'd still have been a hunter, likely a Tauren (yes, a big cow!). Only because my first character actually was a Tauren hunter... If I had created my first character after the release of BC I would've been a Blood Elf hunter, no doubt.

Lysix

« Reply #918 on: April 14, 2007, 12:21:36 pm »
Druids also get an EPIC flying form to match their current flying form, only faster. Suddenly I would kinda have liked to be a druid :)

The bad sides outweigh the good ones, for sure. Though since a few patches they've become pretty good. I remember on my druid, BACK IN THE OLD DAYS, when they were underpowered completely. This was before battlegrounds existed and world pvp was amaze.
I cant say what i'd be if i was the opposing faction, as i have a BE priest and an NE druid. Unless thats your answer :)

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #919 on: April 14, 2007, 04:11:57 pm »
Well my first horde character was a tauren druid ( <3 cow women) and I've been horde ever since, so thats that answer. My first toon, human warlock is stuck on Moonglade with a crappy name (Lucrecia was already taken when I transferred, so I changed it to Mirielle >.>) who's still level 38, despite me having this game for nearly 2 fricking years.

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #920 on: April 14, 2007, 04:27:46 pm »
Trolls 'n Dwarfs. That's maah ticket. And gnomes. ;D
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

MDX

« Reply #921 on: April 14, 2007, 11:45:13 pm »
2.10 notes DO look interesting

and tier 6 looks better like this :P

only one i could find tho. more to come..

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #922 on: April 15, 2007, 12:12:51 am »
Well my first horde character was a tauren druid ( <3 cow women) and I've been horde ever since, so thats that answer. My first toon, human warlock is stuck on Moonglade with a crappy name (Lucrecia was already taken when I transferred, so I changed it to Mirielle >.>) who's still level 38, despite me having this game for nearly 2 fricking years.

I think you misunderstand. The question is if you had played on alliance rather than horde for your first character, what would you have gone for? Would you have gone for a NE druid, or a different race and class completely?

I suppose this is a rather limited question, to the type like me who play their first character as their main almost exclusively. My first has always been the character I level up and discover new things with first. And for me the experience of seeing things for the first time is most important, so playing a second time round is half as interesting. Anyway, I'm babbling...

Lysix

« Reply #923 on: April 15, 2007, 03:47:51 am »
2.10 notes DO look interesting

and tier 6 looks better like this :P

**pic**

only one i could find tho. more to come..

I had a private server. Ah yes, what larks.

Offline Afterburn

• Warriors defending, one final stand
    • facebook Page
« Reply #924 on: April 15, 2007, 08:07:57 am »
Paladin Tier 6 has a halo.
Yay, we're more girly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5cGEqSDz6I
That's the video by Fanatik.. enjoy.
There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory.

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #925 on: April 15, 2007, 09:59:49 am »

I think you misunderstand. The question is if you had played on alliance rather than horde for your first character, what would you have gone for? Would you have gone for a NE druid, or a different race and class completely?

I suppose this is a rather limited question, to the type like me who play their first character as their main almost exclusively. My first has always been the character I level up and discover new things with first. And for me the experience of seeing things for the first time is most important, so playing a second time round is half as interesting. Anyway, I'm babbling...

Well if I had stayed on alliance I would have kept my warlock. I do love playing warlocks and she is my first toon, so I have a special place in my heart for her.  Really, the only reason I stopped playing her was because she was on a PvP server, and the ganking was really fucking me off, but now I'm finding RP hard with her as well, maybe I'll move her to the server my horde mains are on. But I am very glad I rolled horde, being in any alliance zone makes baby Chad cry.

MDX

« Reply #926 on: April 15, 2007, 02:33:25 pm »
Paladin Tier 6 has a halo.
Yay, we're more girly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5cGEqSDz6I
That's the video by Fanatik.. enjoy.

lol, skills.

LOL WARLOCK JUST LOL.

I wanted to see the tier 6 shaman gear on draenei, not stinkin orcs!

stinkin orcs.. so green.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #927 on: April 15, 2007, 02:40:28 pm »
Tier 6-foot-square-shoulders. It's all going a bit too far imo. All the attention's being directed at the massive and elaborate head and shoulder pieces making the sets look top-heavy. The druid and shaman sets are the prime examples of this. Just silly.

Oh, and some stuff:

http://www.worldofraids.com/burning_crusade/next-patch/tiers6/

http://www.worldofraids.com/burning_crusade/next-patch/weapons/

http://www.worldofraids.com/burning_crusade/next-patch/mobs/

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #928 on: April 15, 2007, 04:34:38 pm »
Really like the druid t6 headpiece, the shoulders don't do it for me though. And TBH, I like the druid sets with kilts/skirts/dresses more, since they counter a lot of this top-heaviness.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Wiinis

• Excuse me, I'm off to play the grand piano
« Reply #929 on: April 16, 2007, 08:51:23 pm »
Well, apparently my will-score was not enough to resist TBC any longer. I just ordered it, so I guess I'm starting again. >_< Anyone here happen to play on Lightning's Blade? :P

I feel so dirty now.

Spiral out, keep going