Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 298188 times)

Lysix

Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #780 on: January 12, 2007, 08:59:23 pm »
If i do, I'll be selling my account with my level 60 druid and start over. Really don't feel like keeping him. Level 60 high end doesn't appeal to me, nor will 70. I only play games like WoW to enjoy myself, make friends, have an adventure. Not to visit the same dungeon every single week, same strategy, same drops, and barely anything back.
Now, exploring new areas, figuring out new plans and learning about new monsters, generally having a great time with friends. That's why i'd play an mmo.

Offline Tokzic

• No, I'm not being serious.
« Reply #781 on: January 13, 2007, 07:09:04 am »
"I DIED. ITS UR FAULT GTFO YOU NOOB"

Oh man. I get this one all the time.

One time I was partying with this extremely bitchy mage (that ended up being a gay guy BUT ANYWAY) in Maraudon. As the rogue, I was holding aggro on a secondary mob while the first one got nuked because I have a really high dodge rate.

Anyway, this dumbass mage decides that it's a good idea to run in and start nuking with her AoE fire spells right off the bat, and what do you know, she pulls aggro from the mob I'm fighting before I can even get my first Eviscerate in, and the mob starts running to her. Now, a normal mage would throw up Mana Shield, Frost Nova'd, and switched targets (since she should have been attacking the one that's actually picking up some goddamn threat in the first place), but noooo, this idiot decides it'd be a BRILLIANT idea to run away from the fight to avoid getting hit and whine about someone getting aggro off of her over Vent.

Three problems:

1) The mob wasn't a Handicapped Sloth Beast and as such, it was fast enough to hit her as it chased her.
2) I was a quarter-second behind being able to hit the mob and regain aggro.
3) She was running away from the healer.

No surprise, she gets smacked and goes down, then it turns on me (who is miles away from the priest at this point), who dies before a heal can reach me. Next on the menu for the mob was the priest, and I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

After this, I told the Mage not to run away from mobs. We respawn (huge fucking pain in Maraudon), get back to the pair of mobs, and THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENS AGAIN.

And somehow the mage was convinced it was my fault - "well, maybe not your fault, but the priest should have followed me". Yeah, okay, our priest will take a break from healing people that are fighting in order to keep someone running away alive. Excellent use of mana there.

Fucking PUGs.
Quote from: Pepito
I've given up every chance for sex to play video games.

I regret nothing.

Lysix

« Reply #782 on: January 13, 2007, 06:51:35 pm »
The thing about mages is that their AOE draws aggro like a bitch. So if you're a noob who can't play a class (80 percent of the mage playerbase), partying with these guys is basicly a deathwish. With a good mage, instances can be breezed through. With a bad one, it takes about five times as long to get even a quarter through.
But i wouldn't know how to play one. I played as my druid for the entire year i had the game for. I had a few alts that i got to level 6 and got bored.
See, i WOULD buy the expansion. Yet, if i start a new character, theres no point in buying it. All the GOOD content is for the higher levels and im not even touching a Bloodelf or Drenai until the hype has calmed down.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 06:54:20 pm by Alixâ„¢ »

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
« Reply #783 on: January 13, 2007, 07:07:25 pm »
I just met Highlord Kruul today. He's insanely overpowered and really cool. He could kill 10 level 60 players in one hit, and each time he killed anyone he healed himself. Because of the abundance of noobs (like my level 15 night elf) getting killed all the time nobody stood a chance.

It was fun, though.

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #784 on: January 13, 2007, 09:03:59 pm »
* LionNinja hands Lizard a knife

who's special Lizard?
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Lysix

« Reply #785 on: January 13, 2007, 09:11:26 pm »
I just met Highlord Kruul today. He's insanely overpowered and really cool. He could kill 10 level 60 players in one hit, and each time he killed anyone he healed himself.

Lmao, how do you even know at level 15? Kazzack basicly rapes people within 3 minutes after the encounters start.

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #786 on: January 13, 2007, 10:28:30 pm »
Lmao, how do you even know at level 15? Kazzack basicly rapes people within 3 minutes after the encounters start.

Because he could kill a stack of level 60s in one hit.

Lysix

« Reply #787 on: January 13, 2007, 10:34:47 pm »
Because he could kill a stack of level 60s in one hit.

So can every other high end boss. :P

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #788 on: January 13, 2007, 10:36:06 pm »
Oh well, then he's not very strong...

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #789 on: January 14, 2007, 01:48:38 pm »
Just wait untill you do those phase bosses, with the waves..

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #790 on: January 14, 2007, 05:23:47 pm »
Hes only difficult because he heals when he kills someone and goes into super-man mode after so long. If you have the right raid for him I believe he can be downed very quickly (unlike most other bosses which can take 10-15 minutes). So hes got his tricky points, but from my understanding he's really not too bad if you get your stuff together early on and drop him quick.

I am going to be playing WoW again I think when the Expansion comes out. Fun fun.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #791 on: January 14, 2007, 05:34:56 pm »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo..........

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #792 on: January 14, 2007, 09:09:32 pm »
Hes only difficult because he heals when he kills someone and goes into super-man mode after so long. If you have the right raid for him I believe he can be downed very quickly (unlike most other bosses which can take 10-15 minutes). So hes got his tricky points, but from my understanding he's really not too bad if you get your stuff together early on and drop him quick.

I am going to be playing WoW again I think when the Expansion comes out. Fun fun.

A friend took him out in 1-2 minutes with a group of 21 AQ/Naxx geared people, so he shouldn't be that hard.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #793 on: January 15, 2007, 08:55:53 pm »

A friend took him out in 1-2 minutes with a group of 21 AQ/Naxx geared people, so he shouldn't be that hard.

Thats the norm for him. Like I said, after a few minutes (three or so) he enrages and wipes your raid. You have to down him that quickly. So naxx gear certainly helps alot.

Interesting now with the honor changes that non-high end raiders can get PvP sets that equal out to Tier 2 or Tier 3 (depending on the piece) reletively easy now. I hate to say easy, but pvping a few hours a day for a week for a piece of armor of that type is pretty darn easy. Hehe.

Lysix

« Reply #794 on: January 16, 2007, 12:26:33 am »
I'm going to town tomorrow to buy some stuff. If game has any copies left i may be tempted to buy it.