Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 303427 times)

Offline Spunky

Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #585 on: July 07, 2006, 01:31:57 pm »
Warsong... oh the memories. Our first server that was taken over by Russians. We got the first boat outa there to Twilight's Hammer.
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #586 on: July 07, 2006, 06:05:19 pm »
When Dunemaul had it's second migration, Most major guilds had decided to leave, but only a few days before migration, we were informed that it was one of these 'unofficial Russian servers'. Not a single guild moved. I don't know if even a single player moved.
Some time later Blizz realized their mistake and gave us another migration. Tarren Mill (our current home) rocks.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Spunky

« Reply #587 on: July 07, 2006, 06:35:01 pm »
WoW-EU has been updated! It looks EPIC!
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline bamFUnk

• 'bout mah dick
« Reply #588 on: July 08, 2006, 02:17:42 am »
I ahte starting new characters.  I have a lowbie on fire tree because my friend was on there, now that he stopped, i did too.

We should make our own inter server, horde/alliance guild and rape battlegrounds.
In Canada cats grow on trees

Offline Spunky

« Reply #589 on: July 10, 2006, 11:00:31 am »
A neat tip: If your honoured with WSG you get a choice of rings. For a caster its int, stam spell damage i think and for a melee its str, stam, agil. Now these rings are unique but, at lvl 49 theres nothing to stop you wearing the lvl 48 one AND the lvl 38 one :D Meaning at lvl 60 you can wear the lvl 60 one and the lvl 58 one :D

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #590 on: July 10, 2006, 08:50:47 pm »
Terrible lag for all servers in one datacentre since yesterday. The game has been completely unplayable today with casting impossible, and the inability to interact with any other players.

To top it off, I can't even post my traceroute because of Blizzard's shockingly shoddy forum system. Nice to know where all that money's going, eh?

Offline MMM_Donola

« Reply #591 on: July 10, 2006, 08:58:49 pm »
Hmm, Emerald Dream hasnt had any problems today, wierd lol

I wouldnt hold my breath though, nothing like lag to ruin BWL runs...  :o
Not dead, just the worlds worst lurker.

Its all fun and games until somebody gets a FAIL!

Maelin, Undead 'lock, Emerald Dream EU
Perry_Cox_MD : Some Steam games, COD4, Gears of War, UT3, Kongregate
pcg_donola/pcg_dono : Other Steam games, various others
AD_Dono : Warcraft 3 TFT

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #592 on: July 10, 2006, 09:44:48 pm »
It's only servers in the same data centre as Quel'Thalas.

Offline MMM_Donola

« Reply #593 on: July 11, 2006, 02:27:52 am »
Actually a few servers (including ED) went boom tonight just before we got to Nefarian, i think i spoke to soon lol

Regardless, everyone got back within about 45 minutes and we just went on as planned.
Not dead, just the worlds worst lurker.

Its all fun and games until somebody gets a FAIL!

Maelin, Undead 'lock, Emerald Dream EU
Perry_Cox_MD : Some Steam games, COD4, Gears of War, UT3, Kongregate
pcg_donola/pcg_dono : Other Steam games, various others
AD_Dono : Warcraft 3 TFT

Offline Armakuni

• ARMAKUNI [SAYS]
« Reply #594 on: July 11, 2006, 03:30:56 pm »
important note on wow : its a sick game! you kill and then spit and "pretend" you rape the corpse...and the dead person gets to watch this. Its sick oh yes SICK

happy ganking!

Offline Spunky

« Reply #595 on: July 11, 2006, 03:37:46 pm »
Last night whilst playing on Emeral Dream (horde) i was doing my usual pvp stint, owning the alliance left and right. But one particular fight, all the alliance were in defence and we were just in their base killing there menz over and over. But one clever dude tried runnign to our base along the western edge. I had died and was running back when i saw him, lvl 46 gnome mage.

I intercepted him on a 90 degree angle and instantly hamstringed him. He didn't dismount before he was dead, which took 4 seconds. I then /kiss'd him cause he didn't released, waved goodbye then looted him corpse.

Gota love that gnome lovin'!

MDX

« Reply #596 on: July 11, 2006, 04:43:09 pm »
Website update on wow-eu.. right?

because i can't get onto it through mozilla, i havent tried IE because i hate it. BUT, what is this unix thing it keeps trying to get me to download? help.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #597 on: July 11, 2006, 04:56:48 pm »
I couldn't get on wow-eu this morning but it was fine last night. I thought ti was network traffic from the rogue talent release but tbh, they suck hard if you ask me. Plus wow-eu have a low bandwidth site for emergancies. I think they broke their own server, best not to touch it for a while.

Offline bamFUnk

• 'bout mah dick
« Reply #598 on: July 11, 2006, 08:01:03 pm »
important note on wow : its a sick game! you kill and then spit and "pretend" you rape the corpse...and the dead person gets to watch this. Its sick oh yes SICK

happy ganking!
This kinda happened to me.  I was in Darkshire, when a lvl?? troll hunter came in killing everything.  I didn't know hunters could play dead, so when he "died" i went up and started crouch raping his "corpse" (because he had killed me like 5 times).  After about a second he got up and chased me into the tavern and killed me there.  IT was a sad day.
In Canada cats grow on trees

MDX

« Reply #599 on: July 11, 2006, 09:51:12 pm »
lol unlucky, thats new info to me, im still a total idiot at the game, i look forward to going back and getting my ass pwned!