Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 285654 times)

Offline Spunky

Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #480 on: June 07, 2006, 11:18:59 am »
The best possible thing for you to do dude is get to lvl 29 and stop leveling. Go to BG's over and over and over until you reach rank 5, buy your Alliance Insignia, Seagent's Cape and Senior Seagent's Bracers. This shoudl also get you to friendly with WSG so you can get the damage absorbing trinket. All extremely fecking useful in PVP.

Translations:

Battlegrounds are grouped like this:
10-19
20-29
30-39
40-49
50-59

Meaning if your level 29 you slaughter others cause they find it hard to hit you and you crit them very often.

Rank 5 is Senior Seagent. At rank 1 you get a tabard (Woo), rank 2 the insignia of the alliance. this is a trinket that instantly dispells polymorph (sheep), Charm (Succubus) and something. So a mage sheeps you, you click the trinket, you own their face. Rank 3 is Seagent and you get the high stamina cape along with a 10% reduction on the cost of everything from your alliance faction vendors, including your mount at lvl 40. its a stackign 10% on your honoured 10% discount so its 20% instead of 10% - 10%. Rank 4 gets you a high stamina neck piece and rank 5 gets you a high stamina bracer set.

Stamina is the key to PVP. If you can stay alive long neough to kill them, your life was pointless. And for a rogue having no HP isn't an option. You have to stay alive long enough to destroy someone, run and restealth.

Then on all your other armour you can wear monkey (Agility stamina) or high agility blue pieces (At lvl 29 with friends you should have the quest to kill the last boss of GNomeregan giving you massive agility leggings. These will last you a very long time). You should already have the Westfall Tunic from the quest in the Deadmines.

When you win in WSG (Warsong Gulph, a PVP battleground instance) you get rep (reputation). If you reach frienly you can buy a trinket off them that when activated absorbs X amount of physical damage. You can drag trinkets onto your tool bars for easy clicking.

As for rogues in PVP, i hate it. BUT, thats because i like team work and that is rarely found in rogues. Rogues go in, destroy someone, run out. Rinse repeat. Whats better than a rogue doing that? Two rogues doing it.

Definately not the best PVP class cause i will always say that is Warrior/Warlock but you can have some real fun as a rogue, that not alot of other classes can share. A funny one is doing a /giggle at someone right before you Ambush crit them for 1.8k damage when they are on 10% hp. But i'm not bastardy enough to be a rogue, i'm too honorable if you know what i mean.

Definately the most "leet" class in the game. I think you will enjoy it :) Rogues can do things no other class can do, cheat their quests by stealthing their way through.

Errr i talk to much, i'll be quiet nows. Bye!
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #481 on: June 07, 2006, 11:23:46 am »
The best possible thing for you to do dude is get to lvl 29 and stop leveling. Go to BG's over and over and over until you reach rank 5, buy your Alliance Insignia, Seagent's Cape and Senior Seagent's Bracers. This shoudl also get you to friendly with WSG so you can get the damage absorbing trinket. All extremely fecking useful in PVP.

The damage absorbing trinket is Arathi Basin, not WSG. The WSG trinket is +4 stamina and heals a little every second.

MDX

« Reply #482 on: June 07, 2006, 12:51:03 pm »
that is THE best post in this thread, ever. thank you, that was good information. really good. :) yay for sneaking and cheating :D

/giggle

lol so gona try that.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #483 on: June 07, 2006, 03:20:35 pm »

The damage absorbing trinket is Arathi Basin, not WSG. The WSG trinket is +4 stamina and heals a little every second.

She is right, don't listen to me ;_; I got them mixed up. You can't do AB (Arathi basin BG) until 40+ cause you kinda need mounts since its a big battle.

lvl 51+ you get access to Alterac Valley which can only be described as a battle like Hell's Deep in The Two Towers of Lord of the Rings.
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Lysander

« Reply #484 on: June 07, 2006, 06:11:22 pm »
that is THE best post in this thread, ever. thank you, that was good information. really good. :) yay for sneaking and cheating :D

/giggle

lol so gona try that.

Druid + Faerie fire + Rogue=Screwed.

:D

Offline Spunky

« Reply #485 on: June 08, 2006, 12:17:35 pm »
As Akakori pointed out to me yesterday, i'm gona do a print out of my characters to compare them to my list in September.

Kyoushu lvl 60 rogue ~ Twilight's Hammer
Ouka lvl 41 Hunter ~ Twilight's Hammer
Kakisan lvl 37 Mage ~ Twilight's Hammer
Vyse lvl 30 Warrior ~ Emerald Dream
Rawl lvl 28 Shaman ~ Emerald Dream
Matthaus lvl 30 Paladin ~ Argent Dawn
Rakun lvl 25 Shaman ~ Deathwing

Kakisan - 60 - Mage - Fully Epicced
Kyoushu - 60 - Rogue - Few Epics

Vyse - 45 - Warrior - Play when Akakori plays his priest.
Matthaus - 43 - Paladin - Main alt.

Ouka - 42 - Hunter - Never play and has become a wardrobe more than anything else. 2 times winner of most sexy character.
Rawl - 30 - Shaman - Won't play until i get bored of Vyse AND still play on ED.
Rakun - 25 - Shaman - Never play and probibly never will.
Shizen - 24 - Druid - Boring as hell, don't really know why.

Bank alts: 5

Plans for the expansion:

Draeni Priest
Blood Elf Warlock
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 01:09:45 pm by Spunky »

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #486 on: June 08, 2006, 01:40:12 pm »
Ouka - 42 - Hunter - Never play and has become a wardrobe more than anything else. 2 times winner of most sexy character.

Bullcrap. The only way he won was by shouting the loudest \"I have the most sexiest character! Look at her! Look at her!\"

Offline Spunky

« Reply #487 on: June 08, 2006, 01:48:24 pm »

Bullcrap. The only way he won was by shouting the loudest \"I have the most sexiest character! Look at her! Look at her!\"

Compared to yours! "She is wearing leather armour................" *tumbleweed*

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #488 on: June 08, 2006, 03:03:04 pm »
I love a winning WSG game. My favorite PVP class is the Druid. They've just got so many useful tactical abilities (like the Hunter, too). Here's my favorite:

1) Root. Fantastic for ambushing enemy flag carriers as they appear from your base. They're most vulnerable in the field, so if they escape your flagroom defense, this is the next line of defense for me. Just carry on rooting and casting until your raid members can zerg him and return the flag. This works very well in my experience.

2) Cat Form + Feline Swiftness / Travel Form. Very good for outrunning enemies when carrying the flag before 40-49 begins.

3) Prowl. Very good for wandering into enemy bases and numerous other uses. I like to park myself right outside the friendly base once our flag is stolen. As soon as I see the flag appear, I ambush and root away.

4) Cat / Bear form. Very good for getting rid of speed reducing spells / abilities

5) Track humanoid. From what I remember, the cat has this. Extremely useful for finding pesky enemy flag carriers when they decide to go into hiding.

There are quite a few other useful things the Druid can do in PVP, but these are my favorite. I just love constantly rooting flag carriers, you can tell they hate it when they kill you on sight.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #489 on: June 08, 2006, 03:04:54 pm »

Bullcrap. The only way he won was by shouting the loudest \\\"I have the most sexiest character! Look at her! Look at her!\\\"

Compared to yours! \"She is wearing leather armour................\" *tumbleweed*

Tight black leather armor with hints of flesh. Compared to your black metal slut-wear.

• Twitter
« Reply #490 on: June 08, 2006, 03:08:57 pm »
I love a winning WSG game. My favorite PVP class is the Druid. They've just got so many useful tactical abilities (like the Hunter, too). Here's my favorite:

1) Root. Fantastic for ambushing enemy flag carriers as they appear from your base. They're most vulnerable in the field, so if they escape your flagroom defense, this is the next line of defense for me. Just carry on rooting and casting until your raid members can zerg him and return the flag. This works very well in my experience.

Except when you have stupid nelf druids who root an undead priest.... and just stand there and die :) When will people learn? Hahahaha

Offline Spunky

« Reply #491 on: June 09, 2006, 01:08:14 pm »
Check this out.

I'm playing my paladin and i'm questing in Tanaris. I'm killing yarr yarr pirates in the east. I need to kill this dude in the centre of the camp but hes standing by a fire with 3 NPC's. All lvl 44-46, i'm lvl 43. I can't ranged pull him cause i'm a paladin so i slowly edge in (After clearing a space behind and around me) to body pull him (When you pull someone cause your too close). I walk backwards as he runs and pulls two friends with him. Then just befoe he reaches me i Hammer of Justice  (6 second stun) him and run in. Just before i swing at him a warrior out of no where charges him and steals the kill, leaving me with two mobs on me and him with the quest guy...

<--- Not amused.

I bubbled to release my aggro making the 2 guys on me attack him, BET YOU WASN'T EXPECTING THAT BITCH! But unfortunately he didn't die. 15% hp cause his mage friend came (lvl 48).

So whilst waiting for a respawn i watched them run around until the warrior used his gun to range pull a guy. A guy on the 2nd story of a wooden structure. The NPC aggroed the friends near him on level 2 and began to run downstairs, pulling level 1.... and the ground floor. As he was getting mullered i walked over and said "Oh dear, what have you got yourself into" type stuff. Then we he died, "Don't worry, i'll res you. NO WAIT! I WON'T LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"

Justice was done <3

Lysander

« Reply #492 on: June 09, 2006, 01:52:53 pm »
Thats the way to do it!
Like when some retard wanted to party with me, so i let him. He kept pulling things and running off so i (level 30 druid at the time) ended up with around 5 mobs raping the crap out of me. So i die.
NEXT TIME, I pull the mobs and travel form out. So he gets his ass kicked. He asked me to res him so i go "ok". Instead of using the ressurection spell i used the hearthstone and left the party.
OMGLOL.

• Twitter
« Reply #493 on: June 09, 2006, 06:04:51 pm »
I just sit down and watch people die. Some foolish warriors seem to think that 'Drinking, mana' means 'Please aggro everything in sight, I like the challenge of healing you with 300 mana left'. I just keep drinking, if they die its their fault :P In SM yesterday, instead of saying 'drinking' or 'mana break' I had to say 'Don't move'.

Also, today seems to be 'Stupid allies day' on Quel'Thalas. Its 20-29 WSG and a lvl 30 gnome mage grabs our flag, got a clear run of the field. However she stops to attack a tauren druid who's got connection problems and therefore not fighting back, totally ignoring my lvl 25 shaman wacking the hell out of her untill she dies and I return flag :) And then 3 alliance are up top about to go onto our balcony bit; see me run past. Instead of letting me go and going for flag (we were winning 2-0 at this point) they decide instead to chase me, in ghost wolf form, halfway across the field whilst our flagcarrier runs right past, into our base and scores xD
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 06:08:53 pm by Spider Chii »

Lysander

« Reply #494 on: June 09, 2006, 06:35:12 pm »
Oh, if only you knew the alliance BG team behind the scenes.
FFS SUM1 GET FLAG
PRIEST HEAL FFS
OMG NOOBS LEARN2PLAY UR CLASS
I GET FLAG IM ROUGE OMG FFS PRIEST HAEL
OMG DRUID HAEL
OMG BUFF PLX
Hey, perhaps we should all group together as two different teams so we can defend and attack at the same time?
STFU
OMG BUFF PLX
FFS
FFS
INVITE TO RAID PLZ
OMG U R ALL NUBS IM GOIN