Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 303924 times)

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #765 on: December 02, 2006, 02:09:03 pm »
BF 2142 taking it's hold? :P

My brother quit WoW, then his guild started up on a new server to see how fast they could get from level 1 to Ragnaros down... Took them less than a month :P

I think people don't realise how much time that game actually takes out of your life. And theres not even a material reward at the end of it. :P

Yeah, I currently have a break from WoW until BC, and I have managed to play through approximately one and a half Square Enix game in just a month. I will be back at BC though, since WoW is so fekkin' fun.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Lysix

« Reply #766 on: December 02, 2006, 07:16:46 pm »
What computer game does offer a material reward?

None. But at least £30/£40 is a one off payment.
Play WoW for two years at £8.99 a month.

£215.

Seriously. Bang that up with the amount of time that game takes up. At least with non MMO games, you pay one off, play, get bored, sell on.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 07:19:07 pm by Lysix »

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #767 on: December 02, 2006, 08:19:58 pm »
I pay £25.17 for 3 months of play. That's £100.68 for a year, add that to the ~£30 initial price. That is £130.68

That is for a game that I have played on for almost half my life for over a year now.

Now, with new "next-gen" games, you pay £50 for one game. Which often last for a month at max and that isn't playing it constantly. Now, for a month of play on WoW I'm paying £10.89 (130.68/12). £10 for a game that keeps on going, or £50 for a game that inevitably ends.

I don't think I've lost out, even if you sell the non-MMO back for a meagre ~£10.

Lysix

« Reply #768 on: December 03, 2006, 01:25:07 am »
I pay £25.17 for 3 months of play. That's £100.68 for a year, add that to the ~£30 initial price. That is £130.68

Still, £100 for a years worth of a socially time consuming game just doesn't cut it for me anymore. I'd rather pay £40 for a game and enjoy that than constantly have money drained out my bank account. I bought FF7 two years ago and i still play it. I bought it for £6 brand new.

I guess it depends on what you enjoy, but i just don't like the concept of giving my money away to a company that, despite the millions it now earns, continues to churn out second rate crap to preteen losers who demand everything and (still) continue to whine. WoW has passed the point of no return.
Then again, If you're up for constantly grinding the same instances time and time again for no real purpose then hey, each to their own. :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 01:27:14 am by Lysix »

Offline SethMorne

• My myspace
« Reply #769 on: December 06, 2006, 01:29:38 am »
I only recently started to play WoW again (recently being a week ago).

Right now, I only have two characters, pretty low level.

Macneil - Level 22 Dwarf Paladin - Thorium Brotherhood (RP)
Grandra - Level 6 Human Rogue - Thorium Brother (RP)
It is not because of anything that can be seen or heard or handled, but because of something that is imagined. The place is not good for imagination, and does not bring restful dreams at night.

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #770 on: December 09, 2006, 08:40:40 pm »
anyone on terenas?
^____________________^
               \__/

Lysix

« Reply #771 on: December 17, 2006, 06:24:06 pm »
Just watched the expansions opening cinematic. 'Tis good. Such a shame the game will be nothing like it, though.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #772 on: December 17, 2006, 06:47:37 pm »
OH GOD NO PLEASE SAVE US

Offline Tokzic

• No, I'm not being serious.
« Reply #773 on: January 11, 2007, 10:32:15 pm »
bump because i play wow and am also awesome

Niiko - 60 Night Elf Rogue, Norgannon.
Moruux - 30 Undead Mage, Dalvengyr.

brb searching forum for the servers on the 4% chance one of you are on my server

EDIT: =(
Quote from: Pepito
I've given up every chance for sex to play video games.

I regret nothing.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #774 on: January 12, 2007, 08:29:42 pm »
Well, to update my WoW situation: I have been abandoned!!!! :'(

I seem to be the sole remaining WoW player from my group of (RL) friends that played WoW from the beginning. All the others are now handing in their Insignia's of the Alliance and will not be getting Burning Crusade in order to concentrate on their dissertations.

I don't blame them really, WoW came into my life in my last semester of university and its possibly the cause of the drop in the final grade of my degree (apart from detesting my course etc etc). But alas I am now to be alone. I have nightmares where I'm stood alone calling out "Guys? Guys?" to empty halls and corridors in the grey and bleak Medivh's Tower. They say they'll come back, but I'm not so sure they will.

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
« Reply #775 on: January 12, 2007, 08:33:57 pm »
I guess I better post here now...
I have two characters (because I'm playing with two different friends on two different servers):
Uthare - level 18 tauren hunter on Sylvanas
Nizaf - level 14 night elf hunter on Lightbringer

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #776 on: January 12, 2007, 08:38:14 pm »
I've just got my second 60 (undead priest) and I'm bored as holy fuck. Untill this PvP gear-matching thing comes in, BGs are just fecking pointless. Doing my first ZG run on Sunday but really not that bothered.

I'm quite annoyed RP never worked out for me. I enjoy it, but the staticness of the world and the fucktardness of the players just killed it for me. Ah well, might try a bit of NWN RP or something ;)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #777 on: January 12, 2007, 08:39:54 pm »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo..........

Lysix

« Reply #778 on: January 12, 2007, 08:54:42 pm »
The thing about WoW is that it's a game where you seriously need friends to enjoy it at it's fullest. If you party with random people you'll get ninjas, immature kids and fucktards who can't play their class for shit. That's why the diversity of players is a downside because you get a large amount of children who aren't capable of holding half a decent conversation.
"FFS DRUID, HEAL PLZ"
"buff druid. now or i kick u lol"
"I DIED. ITS UR FAULT GTFO YOU NOOB" (This seems most common. Apparantly stating you have aggro and running as far away as possible from the only healer in the party somehow gets you noticed).
If you play with friends you know IRL, you'll know them well enough, have a laugh, understand each other and such. My friends (girlfriend too, she had a level 10 hunter :P) want me to start a new character with them, not sure if i will or not..
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 08:56:55 pm by Alixâ„¢ »

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
« Reply #779 on: January 12, 2007, 08:55:51 pm »
My friends (girlfriend too, she had a level 10 hunter :P) want me to start a new character with them, not sure if i will or not..

Do it! You know you want to.