Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 297070 times)

MDX

Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #405 on: May 05, 2006, 05:15:46 pm »
supar kuhl

Offline Armakuni

• ARMAKUNI [SAYS]
Relive World of Warcraft? I dont mind, unless....
« Reply #406 on: May 06, 2006, 06:53:44 pm »
As you might know wow got boring for me (after playing it for a year)and now like 5 months later i thought i would give it another try, cause basiclly all games deserve another try or so. Question is : Should i play on my old server with my old guildies? cause when i stopped playing the guild was struggling with MC and now they are owning BWL and AQ, the reason why i ask is their requirements for each raid  :o you gotta have X much resistance and X much bla bla blah bla, or should i just start in another server?

Background: I saw some awesome pvp movies, all were outdoor pvp (must have been a hell finding people to fight with, you know equal level and gear and prehaps even skill sometimes)

A + is i still got friends playing it a lot and want me back
A - is the lack of pvp!
A + is i do have 2 level 60s which took a year of my life hehe
A - is the heavy concentration on pve content, you get a new instance and new monsters...you dont even get a new BG but i dont want that neither does the majority i think, more like outdoor than BG. Pvp needs content not arenas where our rage can be trapped like a bird in a cage!
yeh i know GW doesnt have outdoorpvp, it doesnt matter because they never said it would, and the warcraft games are all about orcs and ogres pounding the shit out of a castle THAT my friends is warcraft!
Just got GW expansion by the way and its cool, but GW didnt have the same impact like wow did the first time you started.
So feel free to post some kind of feedback all goes, well maybe not off topic.

what would you do in this kind of situation?

MDX

« Reply #407 on: May 07, 2006, 03:22:46 pm »
well you have two level 60s, so you've done it before.. surely going through all the quests n such again would be a shorter experience, plus, you know more about the game. so you know what kinda direction to head in order to spec up your character. Either totally respec your lvl 60s or start a fresh on a new server (say neptulon, as ill be on that one soon enough :P) And do it all over again with the knowledge you already have of WoW, its a game that takes up time. But if thats your beef then maybe its not the game for you, you should wanna spend time on it :)

Lysander

« Reply #408 on: May 07, 2006, 03:49:32 pm »
I wanna renew my subscription, but it doesn't want to work with my debit card.
Damn game.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #409 on: May 08, 2006, 02:37:21 am »
omfg not neptulon MDX, anything but that server. I hear so many horror stories about it... its what my server migrated to a long time ago... All the hardcore guilds... oh the pain...
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

MDX

« Reply #410 on: May 08, 2006, 11:00:13 am »
omfg not neptulon MDX, anything but that server. I hear so many horror stories about it... its what my server migrated to a long time ago... All the hardcore guilds... oh the pain...

do tell.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #411 on: May 08, 2006, 06:11:23 pm »
Neptulon was a server born form migrated people on Twilight's Hammer. All the "hard core" guilds left to make an uber server but it totally backfired because the community is 100% hardcore elitist. People have quit the game cause they have hated it so much on Neptulon. I know so many people begging for a migration back to Twilight.... Sooooo glad i didn't migrate to it.
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

MDX

« Reply #412 on: May 09, 2006, 01:37:47 am »
Neptulon was a server born form migrated people on Twilight's Hammer. All the "hard core" guilds left to make an uber server but it totally backfired because the community is 100% hardcore elitist. People have quit the game cause they have hated it so much on Neptulon. I know so many people begging for a migration back to Twilight.... Sooooo glad i didn't migrate to it.

Well from my experience of watching, my friend has characters and alot of high level ones on many servers, and theyre all kinda the same in places, its a big enough world in each one so youre gonna find it somewhere, ill be heading to neptulon because he's there and he can defo help me when i get into my lvl 20's and im trying to gear up in a clever fashion.

Lol was playing with a lvl 9 warrior today and this guy freaked at me (lvl 7 warrior) because he fucking rushed  these murlocs and ran away from them because he is a fool and they were moiderin' (murdering) him, very much so.. so while he was gone i ran in and grabbed the chest i was coming to get anyway and completed a quest of some sort.. i wasn't concentrating on what it actually was at the time. anyways. It was bitter sweet when he laughed at me for running away from the murlocs

idiotnoob: hahaha you ran from the murlocs too, no quest for you either noob.
megaawesomeyo: i got the chest and quest complete.
idiotnoob: ffs
idiotnoob: uhh uhH fucking noob etc etc

its funny how lame some people are on that game.. but i enjoy it, because if i gave a rats ass i wouldnt be able to play the game, and if i REALLY CARED i'd find them and personally beat them down with a broken car bumper.

Anyways.. rant over.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #413 on: May 09, 2006, 11:09:03 am »
lol True. Any PVP server is a community of elitist bastards tbh. I normally find people are nice on PVE(Normal) servers and RP can fluctuate since 50% of the players on it don't RP.

Offline Armakuni

• ARMAKUNI [SAYS]
« Reply #414 on: May 09, 2006, 11:21:55 am »
the game was awesome cause of its combat system and it made pvp the best thing ever, i wouldnt want to play on a pve server, get good stuff and then not be able to fight the opposite faction :'(
Im currently hoping Blizzard announces what they will do to save outdoor pvp and the server /account transfer service, E3 might just save blizzards arse ;)

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #415 on: May 09, 2006, 11:35:39 am »
Its not like us PvEers don't do any PvP ;) It just means we can quest in peace if we want to and go on a homicidal rampage if we want to. Less ganking, more playing.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #416 on: May 09, 2006, 12:16:49 pm »
Queue times on ym PvE server are about 2 minutes :D Since its the "only place to PvP" theres loads of people in the BG's.

MDX

« Reply #417 on: May 09, 2006, 01:55:46 pm »
Think ill stick with PVP servers for that reason and my lack of care of how lame all the other players can potentially be. my friends little brother is a prime example of WoW lameness, nah he's sound like but he can get very bitch when it comes to WoW at times, i have to remind him he's playing a oh i dunno whatyacallit...

hmmm.

GAME.

But he's entangled in it, and recently bought two airsoft guns.. so now he has a deadly hobby and .. WoW. gtgcollegbye

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #418 on: May 10, 2006, 03:27:36 pm »
~cough~ ERE-fucking-DAR ~cough~

Offline Spunky

« Reply #419 on: May 10, 2006, 03:37:21 pm »
Oh yeah, new alliance race, Eredar.

"As the thunderous steps of Archimonde's army approached the summit of Mount Hyjal, all hope seemed lost. The camps of Jaina Proudmoore and the Warchief Thrall were overrun, and the forces of Archdruid Malfurian Stormrage were fighting for their life.

Then, the moment feared by all those fighting for the fate of Azeroth arrived. The Night Elf army was overrun, and the great Eredar warlock, destroyer of countless worlds, arrogantly marched to the World Tree. With flames surging in his eyes, he grasped the trunk with one vile claw... and the entire summit was shattered in a burst of brilliant, white light.

When the radiance faded, nothing remained of Archimonde but a charred skeleton, resting in the branches of the fatally-damaged Nordrassil. Malfurion, Jaina, and Thrall emerged from hiding; it was all an elaborate trap designed by Malfurion to take advantage of the demon's arrogance. In his lust for the World Tree's power, he did not notice the gathering flock of wisps take their positions around him and detonate themselves in a torrent of nature's fury.

With their commander gone, the remainder of the Burning Legion's army was cast into disarray. Malfurion and his companions escaped from the summit of Mount Hyjal, and the remaining Night Elves silently reflected upon the sacrifices of their Wisp companions.

Yet, the spirits of the Wisps lived on. Floating invisibly throughout Mount Hyjal and nearby Felwood, they began to slowly intertwine with the demons that had taken up residence there. Almost imperceptively their presence began to twist the forms and minds of the local Satyrs and other foul, demonic creatures.

Now, a handful of these creatures have been transformed in mind and body; they have the thoughts of the Night Elf spirits coarsing through their veins, yet their bodies mutated to take the form of the last creature the Wisps had made contact with -- the Eredar warlock, Archimonde.

Ashamed of their foul appearance, these creatures took into hiding beneath the roots of the shattered World Tree, Nordrassil. Despite their attempts to hide themselves from the outside world, they found themselves under constant seige from the demons who came to view them as abominations.
"

These guys are basically Stayr Night Elves. Don't know about you, but i'm fecking excited about playing them. COME ON EREADAR WARLOCK!

p.s. I got the mageblade unexpectedly last night >_>
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 03:39:33 pm by Spunky »