Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 301332 times)

Lysix

Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #1215 on: July 09, 2007, 08:25:35 pm »
i still dont get why humans cant be hunters. i thought if anything, they'd be one race that definately could be.
and gnome warriors just doesn't make sense! gnomes as main tanks against massive dragons!

Offline allochthomas

« Reply #1216 on: July 09, 2007, 08:29:03 pm »
that would be the like most standaard of standaards class

Offline Wiinis

• Excuse me, I'm off to play the grand piano
« Reply #1217 on: July 09, 2007, 08:30:56 pm »
i still dont get why humans cant be hunters. i thought if anything, they'd be one race that definately could be.
and gnome warriors just doesn't make sense! gnomes as main tanks against massive dragons!

Gnome-anything-that's-not-a-caster doesn't make sense. And yeah, I've been wondering that, too. Why humans can't be hunters. Oh well, this is WoW we're talking about, it appears to have it's own definition for "logic".

Spiral out, keep going

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1218 on: July 09, 2007, 08:38:59 pm »

Gnome-anything-that's-not-a-caster doesn't make sense. And yeah, I've been wondering that, too. Why humans can't be hunters. Oh well, this is WoW we're talking about, it appears to have it's own definition for "logic".

Really they should be, but in the end it all came down to balance and the humans had too many available classes. So they removed hunters so that humans only had 6 classes and it balanced the class selection.

[Humans & Trolls: 6
Dwarfs, Night Elves, Undead & Orcs: 5
Gnomes & Tauren: 4]

I wasn't happy with it myself. When I first came to the game and knew nothing about Warcraft I wanted to be an elf mage :(

Lysix

« Reply #1219 on: July 09, 2007, 08:42:08 pm »
i think shifting paladins and shamen to the opposing sides was also one of the dumbest decisions ever. :(

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1220 on: July 09, 2007, 08:47:40 pm »
i think shifting paladins and shamen to the opposing sides was also one of the dumbest decisions ever. :(

It was the lamest cop-out ever. They couldn't figure out how to make shamans as useful as paladins in PvE without handing them the same abilities, so they just said: Let's give pallies to both sides!

Never been truly impressed with draenei and blood elves either

Lysix

« Reply #1221 on: July 09, 2007, 08:56:52 pm »
it's just when i planned to move to the horde, my first thought was "awesome, i'll never have to pvp shamen ever again!"
then they announced it, and i cried. sure, paladins are useful, but it was like you said, a quick cheap attempt at balancing the game.

Offline Wiinis

• Excuse me, I'm off to play the grand piano
« Reply #1222 on: July 09, 2007, 09:01:12 pm »
Really they should be, but in the end it all came down to balance and the humans had too many available classes. So they removed hunters so that humans only had 6 classes and it balanced the class selection.

[Humans & Trolls: 6
Dwarfs, Night Elves, Undead & Orcs: 5
Gnomes & Tauren: 4]

I wasn't happy with it myself. When I first came to the game and knew nothing about Warcraft I wanted to be an elf mage :(

I guess I can understand the reasoning behind that, but I don't agree with it. Fuck balance, it should be logical. :P

It was the lamest cop-out ever. They couldn't figure out how to make shamans as useful as paladins in PvE without handing them the same abilities, so they just said: Let's give pallies to both sides!

That's what I thought when it was announced, too, but I guess I'm not complaining since I have a lvl 48 belfadin nowadays. :P

Spiral out, keep going

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1223 on: July 09, 2007, 10:09:36 pm »
It should've been:

Alliance: High Elves - Mage, Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Priest

Horde: The Broken (i.e. Draenei) - Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Shaman, Warlock

IMHO

MDX

« Reply #1224 on: July 10, 2007, 12:14:08 am »
I love my 70 draenei shaman damnit! YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT LOVE AWAY!

On another note. *beer* later!

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1225 on: July 10, 2007, 07:47:52 pm »
gnomes are sexeh

Totally are. <3 I'm drowling over the idea of having a lvl 70 female gnome mage with pink ponytails.
You mean 'having' as in being able to play online amirite

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1226 on: July 11, 2007, 03:59:42 am »
What is up with the waiting lines for WSG ?!!

Lysix

« Reply #1227 on: July 11, 2007, 01:38:31 pm »
what level are you?

MDX

« Reply #1228 on: July 11, 2007, 02:15:38 pm »
i didn't pvp til i hit 70. And i only just started. Sucked into PVE tbh. Its nice to be back PVPing again tho, pure pwnage.

Lysix

« Reply #1229 on: July 11, 2007, 04:42:37 pm »
level 60 tonight. :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 10:45:33 pm by Alix__ »