Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 300718 times)

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2005, 11:48:44 pm »
It runs really well, I upgraded to 1meg ram which probably helped a lot. Apparently it doesn't run very well on the Apple laptops unless you buy the best (ie expensive) ones.

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2005, 01:47:15 pm »
Started a new char on a RPG server. Not much different from normal servers as far as I can tell, but you have an interesting bandwith of people there. Ranging from the usual amount of dyslexic spam kiddies to people who really get into roleplaying, e.g. walking in towns instead of running, sitting around in taverns, dressing appropriately and so on.
I watched a romance between to lvl 60 elves. If it wasn't in the middle of Ironforge I wouldn't have been surprised if they were about to cyber at any moment.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2005, 06:37:23 pm »
Yeah, I've got a couple of characters on RP servers. It's reallyannoying having the spam kids there, because they're supposed to be banned, but enforcing the rules of RP servers isn't very important to Blizzard it seems. Been able to make up a character is so much fun, makes WoW last that little bit longer.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2005, 08:56:42 pm »
I'm updating my char list for you all! (as if anybody other than SpiderChii and Lindar care :p)

Akakori - 60 human mage - Twilight's Hammer
Zenohra - 51 troll shaman - Deathwing
Rawk - 32 tauren hunter - Emerald Dream
Mirei - 32 undead priest - Emerald Dream

That I plan to play more:
Mayanne - 15 undead warlock - Deathwing
Kasuna - 5 night elf druid - Earthen Ring

That I don't like:
Cirildor - 30 human paladin - Argent Dawn
Reine - 13 night elf warrior - The Maelstrom
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 04:51:50 pm by Laser Akakori »

MDX

« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2005, 01:08:28 am »
I'm on .. the.. something server.. laughing something.. my name is anrochra.. im a level shite hunter dwarf.. im on now and then lol when im at my friends, so yeah, ill let you guys know in here when im heading on.. maybe. Just keep an eye or 5 out for me.

chompy

« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2005, 03:02:53 pm »
I'm not sure if I told you that I got me a wow. Got a level 13ish "chompeh" on bonechewer and level 6ish "chompeh" on proudmoore. I personally dont see what is so good about the game, I havent really taken to it much. For some reason I still play guildwars much more then I do WoW. One my game card runs out ill rethink my wow-ing habbits.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2005, 04:18:09 pm »
I think one of the greatest aspects of WoW is the interaction between peers. From alot of people i've spoken too, half have loved the game and half have hated it.

Nearly everyone of the people i know who hated the game didn't take part in the community, didn't play with anyone else and didn't know any friends to talk with. In this case i can completely understand why they disliked the experience, cause i would have too. I can't play the game unless theres members of our guild online, its just boring and depressing.

What i don't like are these people who go around preaching the game is boring and crap and unfulfilling when they haven't experienced one the greatest feature of the game.

Another thing people can't seem to understand is, your class is not a one man army, no classes are. You MUST work together to do anything remotely interesting in terms of progressing in the game, which brings us again to communication and interacting.

Over 50% of the population of WoW are retards, just leave them and get a new group, or better still get a better guild.

I am a person with a very short attention span, the longest lasting game for me before this was Counter Strike which i played for 6 years ish and the longest period of constant play being 3 months. WoW is now at 7 months and i'm not bored yet. Theres always something else to do whether it be messing around drunk in a capitol city to power leveling a quest area.

If you are the type of person who likes to play games where everyone is equal, you can play by yourself and climb a ladder to place number 1, this is not the game for you.

Bit random it's just reading these kind of threads anger me cause of all the people slating a game they haven't even 1) played, 2) 'experienced' and 3) would rather jump on the "I hate the majority! Long live the minority!" band wagon.

Character List:

Kyoushu lvl 60 rogue ~ Twilight's Hammer
Ouka lvl 41 Hunter ~ Twilight's Hammer
Kakisan lvl 37 Mage ~ Twilight's Hammer

Vyse lvl 30 Warrior ~ Emerald Dream
Rawl lvl 28 Shaman ~ Emerald Dream

Matthaus lvl 30 Paladin ~ Argent Dawn

Rakun lvl 25 Shaman ~ Deathwing

To name the lvl 25+ ones.
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2005, 04:57:38 pm »
To sum it up: You WoW-haters suck dicks! Hahahahahahahah... death.

• Twitter
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2005, 10:00:43 pm »
I did a big post in my blog about WoW. I'm on my 4th character now even though my main is only lvl 21. I love this game lots. But I'm a complete sociophobe, I keep running away from people when they talk to me. Its weird, I just get all paniky and stuff. *shrugs* Not quite sure what to do about it yet...

Smeagol

« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2005, 10:07:19 pm »
You could just run around with caps lock on shouting "AOL! AOL!". That should stop most people attempting to talk to you.

chompy

« Reply #130 on: October 03, 2005, 08:19:37 am »
I managed to get under Bloodangels skin... I didnt mean to rile (word? spelling?)  you up or how we say it, to stir you.

Yea you are completely correct, I don't have much interaction between other players as I usually like to solo in other games. I just prefer it. Although I do intend to play it more as I did spend about 100 bucks on it. The item that gets me, morrowind feels very empty like you are the only person there but I love the games. WoW feels like Morrowind in Warcraft but does not contain the same aspects. Also I run the game at like 20 fps generally... so a bit laggy in some places. Probably should upgrade.

Offline Elyl

• Behold the MAD X-MAS ORC
« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2005, 10:03:40 pm »
Ok, updating my char list^^(I know i'm not a forum regular, but hell I'll just post it)

All my Chars are on Emerald Dream EU, alliance side

Kallibar - 60 Gnome rogue
Yuán - 60 NE warrior
Narak - 17 Dwarf paladin

oh, and if anyone of you feels liek rerolling and really playing horde, come to Emerald dream! We need you!^^
Life: sexually transmitted disease, 100% fatal

• Twitter
« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2005, 12:27:35 am »
I don't have any level 60s yet

* Spider Chii is such a noob :(

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2005, 02:05:13 am »
I think one of the greatest aspects of WoW is the interaction between peers. From alot of people i've spoken too, half have loved the game and half have hated it.

Nearly everyone of the people i know who hated the game didn't take part in the community, didn't play with anyone else and didn't know any friends to talk with. In this case i can completely understand why they disliked the experience, cause i would have too. I can't play the game unless theres members of our guild online, its just boring and depressing.

Well, I'd say Eve Online got a better community-oriented gaming experience. I've only lightly grazed upon the game, and never played WoW, but from what I've understood, WoW is a very static world. You can't, say, build a castle and forge yourself an empire in WoW, am I correct? In Eve, while maybe 90% of the players stay within the boundaries of the Empire (or whatever it was called), the non-pvp areas, there are a few adventurous players who wander beyond it. Ganging up in player-created corporations and alliances, they lay claim to star systems, build space stations, and wage war with each other over resources, carving out their own empires and governing their own laws. That's a very nice idea, and as such, Eve is on the top of my list, should I play an existing MMORPG.

[/advertisment]
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Spunky

« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2005, 10:53:32 am »

Well, I'd say Eve Online got a better community-oriented gaming experience. I've only lightly grazed upon the game, and never played WoW, but from what I've understood, WoW is a very static world. You can't, say, build a castle and forge yourself an empire in WoW, am I correct? In Eve, while maybe 90% of the players stay within the boundaries of the Empire (or whatever it was called), the non-pvp areas, there are a few adventurous players who wander beyond it. Ganging up in player-created corporations and alliances, they lay claim to star systems, build space stations, and wage war with each other over resources, carving out their own empires and governing their own laws. That's a very nice idea, and as such, Eve is on the top of my list, should I play an existing MMORPG.

[/advertisment]

And Eve is no where near as open as Second Life, but i didn't think this was the point of the conversation.

Don't play anything by SOE, they just agreed to put advertisements ingame.

(Situation from the future of Planetside)

"Ok men, we need to take this base! GOGOGO"
"Ahhhhhh oh my god my leg MY LEG!" "My Spline!" "The humanity!"

This was brought to you by Burger King. Logout
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 10:58:49 am by Spunky »
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]