Author Topic: Ell em fucking ay oh.  (Read 15693 times)

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Lexx

Re:Ell em fucking ay oh.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 04:30:45 am »
Proof once again that EA is fucking the devil.

[insert random Penny Arcade link(s) here because I can't be fucked to look myself]

Lx.

Offline sag_ich_nicht

• Battleaxe Asshole
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 04:31:48 am »
"Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist.
Children already know that monsters exist.
Fairy tales teach children that monsters can be killed."

G. K. Chesterton

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 04:52:23 am »
I particularly like this bit...

"People will want to play video games if their heroes like Robbie Williams or Christina Aguilera are in them."
« Last Edit: January 20, 2005, 04:52:38 am by Magicman »
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Lexx

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 04:53:43 am »
I was most disturbed by EA buying a chunk of Ubi Soft.. an image of the EA logo flashing up in the next Myst game.. bad karma.

Lx.

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005, 06:55:03 am »
I was most disturbed by EA buying a chunk of Ubi Soft.. an image of the EA logo flashing up in the next Myst game.. bad karma.

Lx.

Luckily Cyan is doing the next Myst ;D

But yes, this is disturbing news indeed.  Expected, but disturbing.

Smeagol

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005, 07:32:08 pm »
i'm not really suprised. most EA games i've played recently have been a big dissapointment tho. the only thing EA have going for them is the fact that they're console games have fairly good graphics, that's it. i've heard some people complaining about FIFA 2005 (which i never wish to befoul my PS2, or GC if they get around to it) saying it was just the same as 2000 with better graphics.

EA are going around in circles, all of their games are the same, just with pretty effects. All of the sports games (their allegeded forte) are the same, only the NHL games are all that's worth playing from the EA sports range (that i know of). And EA's 'real' games don't fare much better. All of the movie tie in's they've done (yes JK Rowling, i'm looking at you) are the same games, no change to graphics either!

EA's major source of income come from the annual FIFA games, the chav game. They've been fairly cunning and gone in to appeal to the greatest audience in Europe and America. Appeal to the national sports of countries. cue the stupid number of american football, football(soccer); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES ice hockey etc games around. The chav vote, the average person in a fair few countries. And it's depressing

EA have gone straight for those who don't care about gameplay, only what a game looks like. It's why, unfortunatly, games like the one Spiff's making now, albeit it looks like a great game, wouldn' t make an EA game. Graphics

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2005, 08:12:32 pm »
Fight the corporations!!!! Bring down the CEO!!!!! Burn the stockholders!!!!!!

Viva la Revolution!!!!!!

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005, 08:49:14 pm »
Smeagol: EA don't make the games, they only publish them. All they do is make the developers rush an unpolished product to the market then plaster their logo and own advertisement all over it to make themselves shit loads of cash.

Smeagol

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 10:16:09 pm »
Smeagol: EA don't make the games, they only publish them. All they do is make the developers rush an unpolished product to the market then plaster their logo and own advertisement all over it to make themselves shit loads of cash.

hey, long posts make me confused, like the one above :)

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2005, 10:16:52 pm »
EA develops games; EALA and EA Canada(Vancouver) are both development studios. EA Seatle was one but they shut it down.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Smeagol

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2005, 10:18:03 pm »
methinks that Boaz and yourself should visit EA Canada with a large bucket of kerosine, and a lighter :)

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2005, 10:21:46 pm »
OK... Maybe I phrased it badly... A huge bulk of EA games on the market aren't developed by EA.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2005, 11:49:02 pm »
Smeagol: EA don't make the games, they only publish them.

EA have purchased a LOT of development studios who now produce games exclusively for EA and who answer DIRECTLY to EA so thats really not exactly the case

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2005, 12:29:27 am »
I don't like EA, the rep that comes to visit us is scary. He's always so proud of how much EA have spent on advertising. They spend all their cash on crappy-looking display cases and paying stores to display their products all over the fucking place.

But the bigger they come the harder they fall. If EA ever crashed, they could very well bring the whole industry down with them. Remember Atari?