Author Topic: Metronome  (Read 6038 times)

Offline Sparxster

• I'm a llama!
Metronome
« on: December 28, 2004, 08:55:09 am »
There are so many shitty bands around trying to do videogame-ish music, the only good one is Machinae Supremacy and the rest are all a bunch of bullshit cover bands.

However, if you want to find a good band that is also influenced alot by videogame music, then please check out Metronome (http://www.death-chocolates.com for english page, and http://www.artpop.org/meto21 for official site)

Their singer, Sharaku, always wears the NES powerglove as one of his accessories. They always have a mix of original music and creative lyrics (The death chocolate page has some free mp3s) but seriously, for me they are the most influential band in my work on composing music. They don't sound like any other band and their stuff is addictive. So if you guys like MaSu, then check them out as well. They're not as heavy but they rock in a different way.

Personally I suggest listening to all of the Fukigen na Android album, it's the most innovative of them all, or the Yapuu album (if you can find it).

So tell me what you think of them, thanks. ^_- !

Offline potatismos

Re:Metronome
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 12:32:44 pm »

Smeagol

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 02:07:12 pm »

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 06:22:08 pm »
boh those sites appear to be in japanese

Offline potatismos

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 07:09:48 pm »
i must say that the lyrics really carries out a message...
no seriously I didn´t understand a shit!!! ;D

Offline Sparxster

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004, 07:28:47 pm »
Oh, Heh, well Death Chocolates is an English fansite, and it has translations of many of their songs, so no prob.

I guess Metronome falls into that PicoPicoPon/Game sound of music, but they're creative and have that sort of visualness to their music and lyrics, like MaSu. In fact, they're on the top of my list of fav bands along with MaSu, since I of course dig that sort of gamey digital stuff. I really liked the videos for Mittsu Kazoero (they hovered around in the city like DBZ :P) and Planet. But SPACE! ROMANTIC was real gamey too.

The server for Death Chocolates is fast so you can download the songs easily.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2004, 08:30:53 pm »
Ahh, they look like a good ol' troupe of J-pop idols. Freaky outlandish clothing and with makeovers making them look like women. I feel at home, here.

EDIT: I noticed that Fukigen na Android only has 7 tracks. Is it because it's an EP, or because these are especially long tracks? Many of those in the discography are obviously singles or EPs. Which ones are real albums?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 08:40:44 pm by Laser »

Offline Sparxster

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2004, 08:58:22 pm »
Sup, LASER!

About Fukigen na Android, it actually has 8 tracks (because of the 1 bonus track!) but, the tracks are not long. One of the unlisted CDs on the Death Chocolates website that was released recently, LIFO, has 9 tracks, but they're no more than 3-4 minutes long. Currently, the only full album of theirs is 1Metronome (which I want so badly, going to buy soon) but, here is something interesting. Metronome has a tradition of always introducing themselves on the first track of their albums, via an electronic voice/text-to-speech program, with music. it's always different, but usually the voice (like on the track SE in Fukigen na Android, most interesting) will say stuff like:
DRUM: YUICHIRO
TALBO-2: RIU
TALBO-1: FUKUSUKE
VOICECODER: SHARAKU
(The swirly symbol they wear and have on their CDs is sanskrit for the mantra "Aum")
And that's something unique, you know. They've already had a handful of singles and several fine EPs, and some of them even have music videos on them! (like the one for Isshukan!)

If anything I'd like to bring Metronome and Machinae Supremacy with me and my band on some kind of tour, that would rock. :P

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2004, 09:06:52 pm »
ty for the info.

Just downloaded the track: Fukigen na Android

My first thought was, It's almost Mad Caps (softer of course) with NES sounds; then it changed a lil' and became a lot more J-poppy. I like very much, gonna download more...

EDIT: Second downloaded track: mirai no mieru oka

A lot different. Very NES digital sound and more like the J-pop sounds that I'm into, but special in it's own way.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 09:31:03 pm by Laser »

Offline V-man

• .SID Vicious
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2004, 11:40:12 pm »
I've downloaded fice songs and so far i like em.

the song Fukigen na ANDROID kick ass, can't stop listening to it

thanks for the tip

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2004, 01:18:01 am »
*downloading songs*

EDIT: It all sounds strange and confusing... I'm scared and amazed at the same time... Oooooooooooooooooh....

:o
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 01:42:00 am by Jammin »

chompy

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2004, 10:50:40 am »
I r b download iong some now. TO listen to it later in the day or week.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2005, 09:12:23 pm »
Had all the available downloads for a while now. I'm totally hooked. They're so cool :D. His voice is so scarily cute, and the sounds are amazing. i want that album now....

chompy

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2005, 01:03:55 am »
Did you even download their film clip?? That is some weird stuff

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2005, 02:39:40 am »
Did you even download their film clip?? That is some weird stuff

Ohh, I want to. But I got a sucky connection. Plus, my friends with good broadband don't see how good Metronome are :(