Author Topic: Machinae Supremacy debute Album name suggestions?  (Read 100034 times)

Offline Elrond

• sw33t!
Re:Machinae Supremacy debute Album name suggestions?
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2003, 08:28:05 pm »
Someone mentioned Rise of the Machinae, that was kinda cool. I think it sounds repetitive if the word machinae is used in the the title though.
Here's my suggestions.

Machinae Supremacy: State of Emergency

There is a game under the same title unfortunately.

Machinae Supremacy: Power Crisis

Machinae Supremacy: Metallic Emergence
Signature has been removed due to violation of size-constraints.

sobella_science

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2003, 10:53:56 pm »
As I've written before: latin has the effect on me that it sounds a bit forced and pretentious, donnowhy, but I'd wote for a title in greek rather than in latin 'cause it sounds more pleasant in a way. Like; Machinae Supremacys' Metamorphosis (example from "concerning the album" thread). Or like LeeLoos' suggestion; Metallon Skeptron (latin; Metallum Sceptrum)

Maybe just a question of taste and aesthetic lingua?  ;) Never the less, it's fun to read all the suggestions! :)

yeah, the text underneath my avatar is latin....read it and you'll understand my point  ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 11:15:55 pm by sobella »

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2003, 11:40:02 pm »
This is a forum, not a Machinae Supremacy album.

Yeah. But Robert IS part of Machinae and will be at album too. SID is SID and there is nothing wrong and bad with SID. There is about zillion  alternative/power metal bands but how many uses SID? None, except Machinae. Of course Machinae stands out from them in many other aspects too but SID is just thing that's really original and unic in the universe. And SID does not have anything to do with "labeling as game-cover-band" 'cause people have done some amazing creative things with it over the years. Yes, they have done covers with and without SID but they have been creative and done own things too. But not in metal.  And cbm's demoscene is fabulous still up today. Of course it does not have to be on album title but it's good to let options be open at this point. People are more creative when they can say what they really think. If album would be named "Local Terrorists" someone might say that Machinae would not be wantin to be labeled as terrorist. But behind that is <really> bands inner thoughts and history. It's nothing to do with killing people, just a way to think about things in broader perspective. Just like SID should be thought in broader perspective. Yeah, I think there's been lots of good ideas. Be creative and something genious might come up! Now I have to go to sleep, 'till tomorrow!
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Wintress

• Machinae rocks!
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2003, 11:08:44 am »
I like Sobella's idea very much, and I very much like Elrond's idea:

Machinae Supremacy: Northbound

Machinae Supremacy: Metallic Emergence
"You don't have to like flour just because you happen to like buns!"  ;)

Offline CLU

• What's a Machinae? Can you eat it??
    • (CLU)'s Home Page
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2003, 07:36:33 pm »
My favorite is still "Incoming".

I'm sure I can come up with others...

Night Of The Living Machinae
Lock-Down
Insert Disk With "A" Side Up -- (hey, if Press Play On Tape can do it...  :)  Also, this sets up a future album title...)
Who Got Baby Oil On The SIDStation!?
High Voltage -- (which has already been used more than once...  I can't come up with a synonym for 'high' that sounds good...  Massive?)
Servo

Umm...  I'm sure more will come to me over lunch.  :)

Offline Skvate

• Mediocre
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2003, 08:17:00 pm »
I think "The world according to..." is a nice title... depends on what sort of music your album will contain...

Its a bit hard to make up a title without knowing all that much about what it will contain. Is it gona be a "concept" album or an album with loads of variations. Only thing i have heard about the album is that your not gona have any sid-covers or any other covers on it... this pretty much rules out anything with "Sid" and "Arcade" in it.... imo.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2003, 04:09:57 am by Skvate »
Lifeless I sail through these ironic fashions, dressed in the flesh of the jokers passions. On the uttermost brink of madness I stroll, and the rise of insanity as my most precious goal. Tricking the trail of my long lost obscurity, I gather me inside the artifice of eternity....

Offline stv2049

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2003, 08:54:58 pm »
Looking at the 'band picture' on the Origin page makes me think of using that character design as a springboard for future artwork and (dare I say?) music videos.

Along those lines, I think "Supreme Machines" fits with the descriptions of the characters as their debut album name.

Think of the cheesy 5-person singing groups that, in their debut music video, have a solo shot with their name...in the case of Machinae, each character would have a solo sequence too, but it would show them shredding zombies with their special moves activated from their 'weapon'.
--
Steve Riesenberger
Game Designer

Offline Satai

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2003, 11:08:04 pm »
How about "Machinery"? Here's more: "Arcade Music", "Spirit Of Sid". Last two aren't special, but I really like "Machinery". :)

Offline Relocator

• Uncontrolled
    • Relocator's Domain
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2003, 06:56:47 am »
Something simple, like Age of the Machine, or Reworked to Perfection.

Maybe, Cure for the common virus? LoL

What I'm currently listening to on Winamp3

Offline eloj

• Five-by-Five
    • eloj
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2003, 07:21:10 am »
"Mindfuck"
What do you mean the new album isn't called Brojectiot groader?!

Offline wisepenguin

• moooooooooo !
    • Web
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2003, 01:08:16 pm »
i like "the world according to.." as suggested above.
infact i actually thought thats what it was going to be called a while ago cos on the old webpage it has a logo with it written on.

the world according to.. is just an all round title that fit anything. and its better than just having a self titled debut album.

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2003, 01:12:23 pm »
I'm gonna send some guidelines we wish to go by your way so you guys can get a picture of what we wish for...

First of all, we can't really use a name of an old song that's NOT on the album, which makes titles that contain Arcade or similar a bit misleading. We don't want to trick people into believing they're gonna get something they're not... At least I wouldn't feel comfortable with that. I don't know if anyone else has thought about this, but... Please give your thoughts on this matter if you have any...

Also, we'd like to avoid something stuff that would or could narrow the target audience to people who understand/are aware of a certain concept or idea, like "SID" and "Metal" ... Now, I know metal is rather more widely known than SID, hehe... But still, as I see it all the music isn't "metal" ... Some songs are more metal than others, but some machinae songs are more like rock or even pop (masquerade or missing link, anyone??? :])

Rise of the Machinae or Machines would have been a great title but since T3 is so recent, it would feel kinda wrong... Even so, it was a title considered long ago, before we knew about the subtitle to the new T3 movie... As well as another idea we had, "Best of Both Worlds" ... Which would indicate that rock/metal meets sid in a very good place, but .. Since a rap-duo did it that also feels a bit recent, even though we did not get the idea from them, it could rather easily be interpreted that way.

Gosh, it's really a troublesome task to choose an album title, ain't it!?  ;D

Even if some of your ideas have conflicted with these thoughts I stress to you, we still appreciate everything and even in spite of what I've written above, something good enough might just appear that will cause those guidelines to crumble and die horribly and evilly...

And Gravehill... I applaud your latest post here. But I still agree with neoblaze that SID might throw people off.

As I said, though, keep those suggestions coming. If any, consider the things I've said here now as our current wishes, not demands... Wishes may change.

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline wisepenguin

• moooooooooo !
    • Web
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2003, 01:26:49 pm »
i never classed the band as SID anyway, i just thought it was cool using the sidstation.

i agree about not using a title that restricts the audience

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2003, 01:28:50 pm »
Actually, to prove that I really do mean guidelines and not rules, I can point out that there has been one sid-related title suggestion I've really liked, and that was eloj's contribution "inSIDi/ous" ...

That one is cool (imo) because it's not as obvious, and the meaning of the word is cool, too.

adj.
- Working or spreading harmfully in a subtle or stealthy manner: insidious rumors; an insidious disease.
- Intended to entrap; treacherous: insidious misinformation.
- Beguiling but harmful; alluring: insidious pleasures.

So, if nothing else, at least I thank you eloj for providing us with a potentially great future song title...

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline Lomion

• grouser
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2003, 03:32:52 am »
Brainstorming mode ON. Don't expect anything more than strange ramblings.

At first I tried to find a title which gave the idea of a starting war between machines and humans. As it has been said before, "Rise of the Machines" is a very obvious example for such a name. I'd personally like a title which would be able to convey the image of a starting war between technology and civilization. But I came up with stuff like "First Assault on Mankind" - too long and not very effective.

Than something simple crossed my mind: "Loose Wires" - Not much better but hey: We're just keeping the ideas flowing. ;)