Author Topic: A new DDR song: Sidstyler  (Read 8617 times)

Offline Spiff

A new DDR song: Sidstyler
« on: December 07, 2004, 02:16:22 pm »
I dunno if this is the same quality as my other DDR songs, but Sidstyler (and the others) can be found here.

The thing that sets Sidstyler apart from the other songs is a pixelly stick figure dancing, jumping and headbanging in the background (probably only works in Stepmania, not DWI). I made it by having lots of small pictures that are used as backgrounds. It's fun watching the song being played in the jukebox, so you can look at the dancing stick figure without having to concentrate on the arrows. :) the song is not that hard, but not very easy either - it's a bit tricky in the middle, and it was difficult to know where to place the arrows.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 08:21:29 pm by Spiff »

ddrdude13

Re:A new DDR song: Sidstyler
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 11:43:13 pm »
Aw, you beat me to it! :'(

Oh well, I'll pry just take yours and make some Challenge steps of my own. (Keyboard only of course. Well, I might be able to do them on my feet, but...)

Offline Spiff

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 12:45:55 am »
Oh, I didn't know you were making this one too. You can make your own version, y'know.

ddrdude13

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 02:23:34 am »
Oh, I didn't know you were making this one too. You can make your own version, y'know.
I will and then I'll have you add them to your file.

I'm also making one for the full version of Earthbound.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 06:27:24 pm »
Ack. I just spent an hour or two trying to make steps for Archangels of Sidaroth from the Jets'n'Guns soundtrack, but the steps turned out really boring and too forced (and either extremely hard or too easy). The song is pretty repetetive, after all, and I couldn't make any good steps for the faster parts.

I may try Death from above or Machinaeguns instead, but it's probably hard to do steps that aren't utterly chaotic, or too repetetive. I don't want to throw the result away like I had to do with Archangels if it turns out crap. :p

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004, 09:42:53 am »
Hey, utterly chaotic and too hard aren't always a bad thing :)
Some crazily difficult steps wouldn't be too bad if they were specified as keyboard only.

Any steps to Death from Above would rock the world though.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 02:15:29 pm »
Well, I'm not good that at playing with the keyboard, and I rather do dancemat steps (since I have one :P). But after listening to Archangels a few times again, I think I have an idea of how to do steps for the faster parts... and I think I can picture the steps for Death from above too. I'll try to do them. Lucky I didn't delete the Archangels steps.

Edit: Archangels is now up, but I think it's kinda... meh. The heavy steps may be a bit illogical. See if you like it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 07:05:24 pm by Spiff »

ddrdude13

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2004, 07:59:39 pm »
Heh, leave the chaotic+fast stuff to me. I'll get Archangels. No prob. I'm gonna finish up my Earhtbound first though.

There are a lot of songs from JNG that would make great steps, like Flames Of Fire and JNG itself.

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2004, 10:10:56 pm »
The heavy steps could use some work, but overall they were pretty fun.  Man, I wish I had some mats.  Playing keyboard only gets boring  :-\

Offline Spiff

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2004, 10:17:29 pm »
I fixed the syncing of Archangels, but it's still the same steps. Feel free to redo the steps from scratch if you like, ddrdude15. As for the J'n'G main theme, I've already done it.

Oh, and Death from above is up. :) It's fast (8.4 steps per second at most); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES and a real leg killer. Probably looks really impressive when you dance it though. I don't know if the easy and medium steps feel logical, they're based on the heavy steps.

Turtle, you have to get a dance mat someday. :P

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2004, 04:04:13 am »
Yeah.  Floppy mats suck.  Must save up for good one...

For some reason I can't get on your server.  It might be my internet...  It's been acting up today.  I'll try back later.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2004, 02:57:29 am »
Sorry, my internet connection was down for two days because our provider was late with sending us our new modem (8 megabit). Edit: My brother still hasn't fixed the http and ssh part of the server, so you'll have to wait a bit longer.

If by "floppy mat" you mean one that isn't made of metal, I have one of those too, and it works fine. It can't register fast enough to play the heaviest of songs, but I'm not that good, anyway. It's sufficient. :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 03:09:32 am by Spiff »

ddrdude13

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2004, 04:09:08 pm »
Yeah.  Floppy mats suck.  Must save up for good one...
Amen to that brother.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2004, 08:22:35 pm »
Alright, the server's up again, and I have a new IP, so I have to change all the links and references to my stuff. So, here are the songs.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2004, 10:23:41 pm »
almost makes me wish i could get into DDR, sidstyler probly one of my fav songs ever