Author Topic: Oil Crisis  (Read 13735 times)

MDX

Re: Oil Crisis
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2005, 12:37:13 pm »
If i was a superhero i wouldnt be called the blob, spiderman would be my name, and id murder peter park but not before making him bite off my arm. So i get his infection, and then get a bionic arm, from that dude in mortal kombat.

Jax.

haha..

yes.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2005, 07:56:03 pm »
bwahaha, any superhero but the green lantern. what a tool.

MDX

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2005, 09:37:54 pm »
a tool of the JLA, mind you.

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2005, 10:05:42 pm »
Or the JSA, referring to Alan Scott.  :P

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2005, 01:33:17 am »
a tool of the JLA, mind you.

he's dragging them down!

MDX

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2005, 06:02:30 pm »
Batman and Superman should chuck him tbh. Theyre the real powerheads in that group.

If they dont i fucking will.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2005, 06:15:40 pm »
Batman and Superman should chuck him tbh. Theyre the real powerheads in that group.

If they dont i fucking will.

Haha, i just saw that site of stupid comic covers with superman and batman

MDX

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2005, 04:01:20 am »
Batman vs Superman is going to be made if the new superman movie next year wrakes in enough at the box office.

Christian Bale and Brandon Routh (new superman) signed a contract to agree to this.

not only that, but batman begins is a totally new franchise, basically the pitch is that Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman and Robin (thank fuck), never existed. Theyre starting from scratch, which is cool. The Batman vs. Superman pitch will be interesting though, i know there is alot of darker comics about batman being bad and superman being good and them fighting, and vice versa.

Ideas like, what if superman had arrived at earth 8 hours late, then due to the earth doing its rotating thing, it wouldnt have had him landing in kansas, he woulda landed in russia, which makes his furure a communist one, stuff like that. Its nuts.

YOURE FUCKING NUTS.

wait.. think i need somebody to reply first. *waits*

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2005, 12:34:25 pm »
It's quite common that they change comic characters and their history every decade or so to keep them up to date. Right now, the Smallville storyline seems to replace the previous tales of Superman's youth (Superboy, *shudder*), for example. And the movies were never that accurate, so I consider each of them just another version of the story. Just like the Smallville, Justice League or Batman Beyond series. I think in the first Batman movie they even made the Joker the killer of Batman's parents.

DC also made tons of graphic novels with alternate realities, e.g. Superman being Russian or British.

I think the vs. in the movie would just be for marketing. Superman and Batman usually get along nicely, these storylines usually draw from the tension between characters - Superman being a good-natured boy scout and Batman a badass avenger psycho playboy millionaire.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2005, 02:24:16 pm »
It's quite common that they change comic characters and their history every decade or so to keep them up to date.

That's one of the reasons I don't get into superhero comics. It's bad enough that they're supposedly in the same universe as my friends John Constantine* and Jesse Custer** (it doesn't really bother me that they're in Sandman, though, as Sandman happens on a completely different plane than the superhero comics). The other reasons are that, of course, most superhero comics are aimed at children, and use flat, black-and-white characters and rather uninteresting storylines (though the Superman as a communist story was at least better than completely uninteresting). There's no doubt who's the good and who's the bad guy in Superman. In more "mature"*** comics, the world, like the real world, isn't black-and-white.

Tragic heroes are almost always more interesting than your normal heroes.

*who've tricked worse enemies than most superheroes.

**who's technically probably quite a lot more powerful than the superheroes anyway. I mean, he's got Genesis, equal of God.

***mature put in " " so as not to confuse with the other kind of mature, known in Japan as Hentai.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2005, 11:06:59 am »
Don't know, I think plain black and white comic characters are a relic of the 60ies (e.g. the BIFF! POW! SOCK! Adam West Batman). What I like about comics is how different authors are interpreting the same old characters and stories differently and also reflect the time the comics were written in.