Author Topic: *sighs*  (Read 6519 times)

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
Re:*sighs*
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2004, 02:44:25 am »
I've got an okay processor and rams (It could run most games from, say, up to 1999); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES but my video card is sucks.

I recommend trading in your Rams at the sheep market and using to cash to get a new gfx card  ;D
Ahh shuddup :p

I'm getting a new comp soon anyway :) (I hope. I have the money for it, just gotta talk the 'rents into letting me buy it :P)
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2004, 02:49:04 am »
Hero

Nice game.  I'm at level 5 now.  I finally found the generator but ended up being shot by it >_<
Where did you get the sound effects for it?  They match the game well.

Better than anything I've ever turned out with Klik & Play or The Games Factory.  All my games ended up becoming corrupted after a couple weeks of work on them...  Which really sucked, because I had some pretty long games that were nearly complete.  Ah well.  Actual coding in java and C++ is much more interesting.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2004, 03:59:51 am »
Nice game.  I'm at level 5 now.  I finally found the generator but ended up being shot by it >_<
Where did you get the sound effects for it?  They match the game well.

I guess I forgot to credit the sound effects, they're from Life Force on the NES. I made the music myself, though. Also, you should draw a map of the fifth level. :p And yeah, I worked with numerous versions of this game. As soon as it got buggy or corrupt (always happens); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES I could return to a previous saved version and redo the changes. Hero was my last Klik'n'Play game, now I work with Gamemaker instead, which is infinitely more stable, versatile and powerful than KnP.

Maybe I should move the talk about Hero to a new thread?

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2004, 04:29:17 am »
I disliked Ico, personally.  It was just too impersonal.. I never felt a connection to the character.

Yes, it was a gorgous game though.. I'll give you that.

Play Ico. I know its not like uber-fantastic-new but its still fucking amazing. Totally restored my faith in gaming. I guess because I work with them everyday, I get a bit blase.
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β