Author Topic: *sighs*  (Read 6232 times)

Smeagol

Re:*sighs*
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2004, 08:19:13 pm »
I used to have the same problem as Fallout (my pc couldn't even run Warcraft 3 ffs!) but afterf getting near enough a whole new pc (i kept the network card, everything else was crap) i can now run pretty much anything anyone can throw at me, bring on the games!

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2004, 08:49:58 pm »
I used to have the same problem as Fallout (my pc couldn't even run Warcraft 3 ffs!) but afterf getting near enough a whole new pc (i kept the network card, everything else was crap) i can now run pretty much anything anyone can throw at me, bring on the games!
Main reason I want a new PC:

Gothic II.

I've got an okay processor and rams (It could run most games from, say, up to 1999); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES but my video card is sucks.

8mb of vram.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2004, 02:55:13 pm »

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2004, 04:09:04 pm »
I've got an okay processor and rams (It could run most games from, say, up to 1999); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES but my video card is sucks.

I recommend trading in your Rams at the sheep market and using to cash to get a new gfx card  ;D

chompy

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2004, 11:17:05 am »
I would give you my Banshee 16meg video card (AGP) if you lived in australia. Postage costs wont make it worth the effort. And also I should have a spare TNT2 16meg AGP.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2004, 02:43:19 am »
I know what you mean with not being interested in new games. I recently finished Paper Mario 2, and I thought through the whole game that the original was far superior in every aspect but the graphics... it was an unpleasant feeling that I couldn't shake, even if I enjoyed the humor in the game.

My friend is stupid, he thinks that old games suck and only play the latest games. But there are so many thousands of good old games out there, I don't need a better computer. Most good computer games in existance can be run on my 850 Mhz. :)

But sometimes you just need something simple instead of flashy, I think. I shyly present a humble little game I made once in Klik'n'Play, called Hero (Windows only)... it's in black and white, simple, hard, pixelly, and inspired by many different NES games. You could try it and see if it lights some teeny tiny spark... or makes you swear because it's difficult. :p Remember to maximize the game window to get a grey border around the screen, so it's easier to see where the exits of the rooms are.

Offline Xeero

• Awesome!
    • The Exclaimers?
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2004, 04:03:57 am »
I play new games that have a totally unique feel to them and unique just about everything...  But I still don't enjoy them like I used to.  I think it's just growing up.  Games don't get me hyped as much as they used to, nor do I play them as much anymore.  Maybe it's just because I have other things to do in my life, I'm not sure.  I guess after some 15odd years of playing games it wears off a little.

Some games I keep going back to, Mega Man X3 I've played through over 200 times now, I'd go as far to say maybe even 250 or 300, but I've lost count.  That's one game I just love.

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2004, 09:33:40 am »
KOTORII and Halo II have restored my faith in gaming.  I also dusted off some oldies that I enjoyed.. and I'm feeling better.. :D
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2004, 12:23:01 pm »
id ont enjoy games anymoire either, exept jetsnguns, wich i cant afford the full version  :-\

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2004, 02:00:45 pm »
KOTORII and Halo II have restored my faith in gaming.  I also dusted off some oldies that I enjoyed.. and I'm feeling better.. :D

and half-life 2 surely?

Smeagol

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2004, 06:17:37 pm »
I know what you mean with not being interested in new games. I recently finished Paper Mario 2, and I thought through the whole game that the original was far superior in every aspect but the graphics... it was an unpleasant feeling that I couldn't shake, even if I enjoyed the humor in the game.

My friend is stupid, he thinks that old games suck and only play the latest games. But there are so many thousands of good old games out there, I don't need a better computer. Most good computer games in existance can be run on my 850 Mhz. :)

But sometimes you just need something simple instead of flashy, I think. I shyly present a humble little game I made once in Klik'n'Play, called Hero (Windows only)... it's in black and white, simple, hard, pixelly, and inspired by many different NES games. You could try it and see if it lights some teeny tiny spark... or makes you swear because it's difficult. :p Remember to maximize the game window to get a grey border around the screen, so it's easier to see where the exits of the rooms are.

nice game spiff! currently playing through it, lvl 1 seems really beginnerish :)  good game atm tho applauded

ddrdude13

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2004, 08:01:21 pm »
I feel that way too. It started when my dad bought DOOM3. It didn't run well, and I've nearly forgotten about it.

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2004, 08:03:10 pm »
Can't play halflife 2.  Don't have the computer for it...

and half-life 2 surely?
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2004, 03:23:19 am »
it would fill your heart with joy

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2004, 01:46:13 am »
Play Ico. I know its not like uber-fantastic-new but its still fucking amazing. Totally restored my faith in gaming. I guess because I work with them everyday, I get a bit blase.