Author Topic: just in case anyone was wondering....  (Read 4340 times)

Smeagol

Re:just in case anyone was wondering....
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2004, 11:07:41 pm »
if you think about it, i've collected £90 in about a month or so.. £700 isnt really that far away, right? someone do the maths for me, im too lazy to press the Calculator button on my keyboard.

ah but it's not like you're gonna get £90 each and every month is it?

if you are then

720 - - - - - around 7 and 3/4 months

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2004, 11:09:40 pm »
not really, i dont have to get a top of the range pc, just a reasonable-ish one thats better than this hunka-junk.

Smeagol

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2004, 11:30:13 pm »
not really, i dont have to get a top of the range pc, just a reasonable-ish one thats better than this hunka-junk.

lol mine isn't top of the range! just has some nice components :)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2004, 11:33:12 pm »

lol mine isn't top of the range! just has some nice components :)

Oh. bugger.

Smeagol

WOOOOOOOOO IT WORKS ;D
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2004, 10:24:12 pm »
as you may be able to tell, my pc is now working WOOOHOOO! been busy last few hours adding the final touches (unfortunatly that meant installing XP, urgh!) soon i plan to have it Smeagolised (think christened but breakages, blood and more screaming) and then install Slack 10. Finally got my soundcard working so it seems my punishment is to come, March of the Pie i hear, is in production, the first Real test......well cept my playlist ;D

EDIT: DAMNIT! i lost a few files i particularly wanted (mp3's cos i'm too cheap to buy music myself); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES crap, gonna have to re download or buy...lol, buy....heh, i crack myself up sometimes

EDIT 2: NOOOOOOO! it got rid of Soundtrack! AHHHHHHHHHH! >:( >:( damnit! seems i'm in for a long night of downloads....

EDIT3: ok, make that month of dl's, urgh! 63 lost files! SIXTY THREE!!!! goddamnit!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2004, 12:16:29 am by Smeagol »

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
Re:WOOOOOOOOO IT WORKS ;D
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2004, 10:41:51 pm »
Smeagolised (think christened but breakages, blood and more screaming)

LOL - I like it. All christenings should be like that

Offline Boaz

• Its good to be home with friends!
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2004, 11:12:11 pm »
I figured instead of starting a new thead i would feed off of smeagols so, im not dead and i htink i may be abck evrey other day or so, soooooo WATCH THE FUCK OUT MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
ya im gonna go lay down o the couch (walks through unlocked backdoor the way mdx did way abck when and lays down) blame kasumi astram, she lefy the door open
The basic instincts of all guys in the wild:
1) Get big sticks
2) SMASH THE SHISTA OUT OF THINGS
3) Make fire
4) Burninate

Smeagol

There we go!
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2004, 11:50:07 pm »
The Smeagolisiation!

And so the PC was shoved into the workgroup known as Mordor, and was given the name Boromir (my oldest brother's fault, he's even done the same thing up at his uni, every pc has been given an LOTR related name :P)

Just re-installed Slack 10 and Win XP after I COMPLETLY buggerted up the partioning (1 20Gig partion, and then the rest lumped together, ooops ;D); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES and now, back to normal service, WOOOHOOOO!

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2004, 01:55:24 am »
What, 1 month of download for 60ish files? I could download that in about 5 days. And that's counting those files at moviesize (800megs) (well, theoretically speaking, I could download about 6750 such files in 5 days, but that's under überoptimal conditions* and without the max traffic of 10GB/24h. Realistically speaking, if that traffic restriction were to be killed, I wouldn't be able to get more than about 300ish such files in that time...)

*now, any smart people want to do the math and find out what a nice internet connection I have?
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Smeagol

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2004, 03:47:32 pm »
What, 1 month of download for 60ish files? I could download that in about 5 days. And that's counting those files at moviesize (800megs) (well, theoretically speaking, I could download about 6750 such files in 5 days, but that's under überoptimal conditions* and without the max traffic of 10GB/24h. Realistically speaking, if that traffic restriction were to be killed, I wouldn't be able to get more than about 300ish such files in that time...)

*now, any smart people want to do the math and find out what a nice internet connection I have?

I was including the time spend/wasted playing Warcraft 3 as well ;D

besides I thought you had a 100 MB connection?