Author Topic: Music like Masugn / MDX's music for my game  (Read 29158 times)

MDX

Re:Music like Masugn?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2004, 09:47:44 pm »
lol sounds crap but yeah.

http://dakkadesigns.com/mega_doki_x_-_bitch_fuck_machine_intro.mp3

if i can get a hold of cakewalk or something good and NON fruity loops, i would help you out.. thought you'd enjoy a good laugh though. just introed up the song there now.

Bleep.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2004, 10:12:06 pm »
It wasn't all bad, but you're right, I'm sure you could do better with another program. Do you have the time to help me, though? I don't need the music for a long while, but it'd be great if I had a solid musician.

MDX

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2004, 11:28:55 pm »
Updated soundbyte.. took down the hi hat shite.

But uh yeah.. spiff, well i need to know when you wanna have stuff in, i mean how many songs or what..

i dunno what to ask, you tell me what youre looking to do and ill give you an answer then.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2004, 12:26:08 am »
Well, mainly I need 11 "gameplay" songs (one for each level in the game, and one for bosses). They shouldn't all be downright heavy, but they should have the same feel as the masugn songs - a powerful drive throughout them. If you can replicate the Masugn songs themselves, that'd be even better. If you do that, you should make them all except: Hostiles, Panic, Predator the beast within, Reality fuck my mind, and March of the undead. When I have a good demo of my game ready (that isn't an alpha full of debug keys); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES you can try it to get a feel for the game.

I also need one song for the main menu (the title screen); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES naturally it should be short, heavy and catchy. And a similar one for the options/skill selection, also that one should be short, but still heavy. I also need two slow, emotional songs that are fairly quiet, and preferrably pretty different from each other.

So, that's 15 songs I can come to think of right now. Probably some long, soft and emotional ending song too, but that depends on how long the ending is - which I don't know yet, so that one can wait. I've been working on the game for two months so far, and it'll probably take at least half a year or more until it nears completion. So I'm not in a hurry with the music, but do you think you can make this all?

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2004, 12:46:42 am »
Ooooh.. I like the sound of this game.. Sendy sendy :)

Offline Spiff

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2004, 01:20:38 am »
Like I said, I'll upload a demo once I have one that isn't basically an engine test with debug keys, with objects and enemies strewn about a small level with no background. :p But here's a small portion of a screenshot (note: no backgrounds here, only solid black and purple, and a part of the HUD is at the bottom).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2005, 05:15:45 pm by Spiff »

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2004, 02:54:02 am »
Ooh...  Looks cool.  Me want to play.

Smeagol

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2004, 03:51:38 pm »
keep up the good work Spiff, looks like it's beginning to take shape

Offline Spiff

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2004, 12:53:19 am »
Thanks. I won't have the time to start working really hard on it until after this school semester, though.

How's the music coming along, MDX? Just tell me if you think it's too much.

chompy

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2005, 11:47:17 am »
CANT download the LINK provided by the former mdx, WHERE is the link damnit??? I demand the link to be PM'ed to me now. !!!!one!  or else I wont download it.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2005, 05:09:50 pm »
Oh, I didn't notice this thread was still alive. Maybe I could show you this,
this, this and this then. The game is coming along now, and I've started working on it more seriously lately, eventhough I'm mostly distracted by the videogames I got for Christmas. :P I'm mailing you about the demo and stuff, MDX.

Smeagol

Re:Music like Masugn / MDX's music for my game
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2005, 06:50:51 pm »
nice animations, remind me of the HoMM days :)

MDX

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2005, 07:44:38 pm »
Oh, I didn't notice this thread was still alive. Maybe I could show you this,
this, this and this then. The game is coming along now, and I've started working on it more seriously lately, eventhough I'm mostly distracted by the videogames I got for Christmas. :P I'm mailing you about the demo and stuff, MDX.

You would have to email it to nothinbuttorso@hotmail.com as my ntlworld.com account is fux0red.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2005, 03:30:36 am »
I sent the mail to that address... I think. Tell me if you didn't get it.

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2005, 06:24:11 am »
That game looks fun.  RPG-ish platformers rock.