Author Topic: Music by Design may be forced to change it's name  (Read 14392 times)

Offline Neil

• I'm a llama!
Music by Design may be forced to change it's name
« on: October 27, 2004, 08:41:23 pm »
Due to a company contacting us with the same name as my company we may be forced to change our name!

They contacted us innitially with instant threats. Rather than doing it in a nice and formal way, they instantly threatened us with action against us!

If any legal action does occur against my company because of this, we may have to fold our buisness,

Hopefully, they will see sense and be amicable, but from innitial emailing back and forth they seem to be a company who don't seem very interested in working out a realistic way of settling our differences.

Keep you posted on the progress of this...

Neil

MDX

Re:Music by Design may be forced to change it's name
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 08:42:52 pm »
you have an angry machinae mob at your power neil, just so you know.. how many countries is that we could team up together? i mean 1000 copies sold, thats 1000 pissed off machinae fans to kick these guys asses..

*gets pitchfork and shotgun*

Lets ride people.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 09:04:15 pm »
Yeah, I  did actually notice this. When I typed Music By Design into Google this other company appeared first.

But immediate threats with legal action is the most screwed up thing in the world. If legal action does occur I think you have a case in that their first motive was to take legal action rather than settle and formal discussion. That's very amateur.

They don't sound very resonable, they sound childish. It's like when some bitch sent threatening emails to my girlfriend because apparently she had taken this girl's email address first.

Smeagol

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 10:25:23 pm »
Hmm, evil little bastards, how long have they been around for? And have they been behind the release of anything? Because if not, then you have the case pretty much won...

Where are they located, just curious... ::)

Offline Neil

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 11:54:16 pm »
while they havn't actually threatend "legal action" in words, they have just about said it reading between the lines.

I've looked at many more sites with the same name... Both my company and the company behind the same name both reside in England.

What annoy's me and worries me greatly is that they came in full guns blazing with threats, and upon my response which i mentioned "We do not respond to threats, only democracy" they then responded we MUST change things imediately.

I mean who on earth would possibly consider a company like that, without reasonable discussion? me wonders why they get any buisness at all if they treat people with threats like that!

I have mentioned "If they want to speak with us in a reasonable manner, then we will find a way to resolve the matter in a reasonable fashion".. I have a very distinct feeling they wont!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2004, 11:56:16 pm by Neil »

Smeagol

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 12:09:55 am »
Have they released anything yet? Or if they have was it after the first collection you were behind? Cos if not then they'll be the ones on the receiving end of legal action

Offline SlasherPrime

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 12:34:40 am »
www.musicbydesign.co.uk

This is their gaudy, poorly-made website. Doesnt say anything on their site about harassing small independent record labels.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2004, 12:35:17 am by SlasherPrime »

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 12:47:41 am »
www.musicbydesign.co.uk

This is their gaudy, poorly-made website. Doesnt say anything on their site about harassing small independent record labels.
I could design a better site in my sleep =/
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Smeagol

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 01:14:54 am »
www.musicbydesign.co.uk

Doesn't say anything about any releases, and over 20 years? Wow they must suck! ;D

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 01:48:25 am »
Eeek! Look out! That woman on the second pic'll shoot you :p

http://www.musicbydesign.co.uk/the_office.htm#

Although.. her face would scare you to death anyway..

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 02:27:28 am »
Eeek! Look out! That woman on the second pic'll shoot you :p

http://www.musicbydesign.co.uk/the_office.htm#

Although.. her face would scare you to death anyway..
She looks like a boogeywoman o.o
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 04:30:18 am »
MBD is one of the UK's most established, experienced and innovative music production companies designed to cater for the needs of TV, film and advertising industries
I find that hard to believe after viewing their very unprofessional website.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

chompy

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2004, 04:45:25 am »
Hahahah funniest news I've read all day, I think they are jealous of your website as they have a really crappy one. I could make a better one useing a copy of MS publisher 97!!!!

One thing I find a bit funny, when you originally registered your name, didn't the authorities check with previous names to see if it is avaible. And also would it be easier to change your name to something like Music By Design V2.

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2004, 08:22:22 am »
Or, "The Company Formerly Known As Music By Design."
TCFKAMBD...
Tucffakamdab.
Flows nicely.

Offline eloj

• Five-by-Five
    • eloj
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 08:44:28 am »
Odd, aren't companies registered?

Try and register "Music by dezign", then you can keep "mbd" :-)
What do you mean the new album isn't called Brojectiot groader?!