Author Topic: I need a hobby + BT angst  (Read 7264 times)

Smeagol

Re:I need a hobby
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2004, 06:44:52 pm »
Stuff them if your net connection is giveing you the shits find someone else to go with and change over.

just not NTL, don't be that stupid, please

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2004, 09:03:33 pm »
I would go for Telewest, but it seems that if you choose them they want you to revert everything that is electrical (including your kettle and hairdryer) to the Telewest network. Ntl are rubbish, AOL are pure shit, Blue Yonder'd be okay.

As for 56k, I don't have much choice anymore. Until I get broadband, I think I'll stick it out with BT.

My dad got an email from BT earlier in the year about my allnighters, saying if it happened again they could cut the internet without warning.

That's screwed up. How can they do that? Where is it in the terms and conditions?

As for your bad back I recomend drinkinglots of milk.

Really? Is that backed up by scientific proof? I'll have a go, tho.

chompy

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2004, 03:33:34 pm »
Stuff them if your net connection is giveing you the shits find someone else to go with and change over.

NTL = ?????
what are you talking about??? Remember not everyone lives in England.

Maybe for the milk back thingy you could conduct your own scientific experminent too see for yourself.

Smeagol

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2004, 07:15:39 pm »

NTL = ?????
what are you talking about??? Remember not everyone lives in England.

yeh i know, but Laser does and he was going to change provider. NTL are EXTREMELY bad. They (alledgly) provide a broadband service, which is diabolical, they also do cable tv over in the UK, which is, also, amazingly bad!

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2004, 09:32:04 pm »
Yes, this is MY thread,. so everyone must talk about me and my situation. hahahaha

No, I'll never consider NTL. Do'nt you worry, Smeagol.

Smeagol

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2004, 09:57:04 pm »
No, I'll never consider NTL. Do'nt you worry, Smeagol.

that's a good Las :P

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2004, 01:33:43 pm »

My dad got an email from BT earlier in the year about my allnighters, saying if it happened again they could cut the internet without warning.

That's screwed up. How can they do that? Where is it in the terms and conditions?

In the ToS, it says that you can't be online for more than 12 hours in any 24-hour period. So its not even per day, its any 24 hours. So if you're on for six hours in the day working, kids have three hours in the evening, then I have three hours next morning, BT can just cut you off.

I'm thinking of going to Freeserve, but I don't know if I can get an account in my name, because its not my house. My parents won't let me have broadband in their name, even if I pay them all the money >:(

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
Re:I need a hobby + BT angst
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2004, 08:34:52 pm »
Ahm, just for the record... WTF is BT? British Telecom or something? And I thought German Telekom would be an evil bunch...

Smeagol

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2004, 08:36:29 pm »
Ahm, just for the record... WTF is BT? British Telecom or something? And I thought German Telekom would be an evil bunch...

Aye, it would be British Telecom, useless bastards ::) just because the control phone lines and interent connec

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2004, 09:12:03 pm »
Deutsche Telkom own T-Mobile - random snippet of trivia no.54

I found out twhen a few years ago I noticed in the Tour de France that Jan Ullrich's team was Deutsche Telkom one year and then T-Mobile the next.