Author Topic: Dues Ex Machinae - 2nd print  (Read 7120 times)

Offline Neil

• I'm a llama!
Re:Dues Ex Machinae - 2nd print
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2004, 03:04:01 pm »
hehe...

Pre-used Jiffy bags? MbD don't use pre-used jiffy bags! All our packets are unused!

It may have been possible that you ordered a large amount, and we didn't have stock of large bags at the time, so it maybe possible that as a one off we used a used jiffy bag! but 99/100 we use new!

btw if you havn't visited MbD for a while our range of CD's have trebbled since MaSu came in stock....

See: http://www.mbdrecords.com

oh, tripple posting and now spamming, oh dear ;)

I've had a chat with robert now, and discussed the idea of  signed albums. After thinking long about it, we won't be offering Signed Copies. Reason: We think it's something personal. A signed Album should only be received if you've actually met the band or been to one of their gigs and got it signed there. Afterall, signed albums are a rarity and normally only gained with a bit of effort.

Regarding any changes to the content of edition 2, its very likely there will be changes, but to what extent is yet to be decided, I will inform you as soon as we know!

« Last Edit: October 21, 2004, 03:21:35 pm by Neil »

chompy

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2004, 03:31:14 pm »
:( I was going to say at that price there better be nude pictures of the band in there!!!

Maybe for the second print a second cd with old songs on it, like artic ninja or something or rather.

I like the idea of using pre used jiffy-bags, reuse reduce and recycle.

Offline Neil

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2004, 05:35:20 pm »
:( I was going to say at that price there better be nude pictures of the band in there!!!

Maybe for the second print a second cd with old songs on it, like artic ninja or something or rather.

I like the idea of using pre used jiffy-bags, reuse reduce and recycle.

nude photos? er... no coment ;)

While the second CD is a nice idea, i think it's safe to say that there will be no changes in the track line-up, because of the manufacturing of a new glass master just wouldn't make sense!

pre used jiffy bags? er... that means NEW jiffy bags ;)

Smeagol

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2004, 07:27:48 pm »
hehe...

Pre-used Jiffy bags? MbD don't use pre-used jiffy bags! All our packets are unused!

It may have been possible that you ordered a large amount, and we didn't have stock of large bags at the time, so it maybe possible that as a one off we used a used jiffy bag! but 99/100 we use new!

large amount = 1? oooooooooooooo ;D

nah it was cool! my mum was wondering what the hell it was so got me to open it in case it was something very odd....just the best album i've had the pleasure the hear

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2004, 09:00:56 pm »
Tbh, I couldn't remember if my package was new or preused or what. It did'nt remain around the CD case very long.

"Oh, thankyou Mrs Postlady."
Shut door.
Rip, tear, gnaw, beat.
"Ah, my CD! Hooray! Package? There was a package?"

Smeagol

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2004, 10:57:12 pm »
mine had a prescrawled address on, very cool though, full marks for originality ;D

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2004, 01:27:16 am »
Wow, I never really had a look round the MbD site before, but I think a shopping spree is in order ;)

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2004, 11:31:31 am »
I'll just hop in and save this thread from being doomed to forever tread the narrow paths of offtopicity....

I remember me and Neil talking about some way to distinguish the first print from the later ones so that those who were there first could have some little something to show for it ... like "Look, I got the first print of the album d00d" etc... I dunno, but that's gotta be worth something to someone... Anycrap, now, as Neil reminded me about this, when the second print is coming up, I started messing around with the booklet design a little to see what could be done...

I wrote second print in it, not "Second Edition"... Second Edition, to me, sort of sounds like there's something new involved, but there won't be. The contents of the CD remain the same, and hence something with the word "print" should be used instead, IMO...

So anyway, once that was done I started, of course, to mess around with color changes and stuff and ultimately achieved some sort of blackish version of the first cover... But it looked kinda wrong since the eyes and stuff like that doesn't really work on black for a number of reasons...

So I sort of went all the way and redid the cover with a new image, and all... (not NEW new, but new for dxm)...

Now, here's my moral dilemma...

A totally new design on the second print would imo be cool, and I like the design, however it might still be wrong for two reasons...

1) Might be confusing, although the old version won't exist anymore, just the new, so in that respect there's no chance of anyone making a mistake and buying two albums at the same time, or something like that...

2) Unfair to those who already have the first version and like the new design better, maybe? This one's a stretch, probably, but still...

However the one thing remains that would perhaps make all these "risks" worth it... And that's the fact that the original first print will remain unique. Forever. Regardless of how many reprints there are in the future.

Here's the new design:

Personally, I want to use this. Oh, and either way I will of course fix the spelling error in the Player One lyrics. :)

Peace
Robert

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2004, 12:57:41 pm »
I have to say that that looks pretty damn amazing ;D I'm willing to admit that I'm the kind of person who would buy a CD again even if the tinest things were changed. So yeah, that'd be uber-coolies.

Smeagol

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2004, 07:12:08 pm »
i thought maybe you guys should've saved that background for the next album myself, but i'm not in control :)

I might buy a new copy, but only if i manage to destroy DXM (not gonna happen, it's invincible!) or i decide it looks REALLY cool

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2004, 08:20:42 pm »
w00t! A new design for the second print! How cool is that! Maybe I'll buy one if I don't win Neil's contest  ;D
That makes our first edition a really valuable collectors item... woo!

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2004, 08:22:36 pm »
That is way cool!!!

I'm not one to buy second copies, but if you make this the second print I think I would make an exception and buy it.

Offline Krazny

• Somewhere close, but far away!
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2004, 08:42:35 pm »
If you alter the "second print" somehow noticably I will definetly buy another CD just ...........

So I support the boobies ;) ;) :o 8)

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2004, 10:54:53 pm »
i thought maybe you guys should've saved that background for the next album myself, but i'm not in control :)

I might buy a new copy, but only if i manage to destroy DXM (not gonna happen, it's invincible!) or i decide it looks REALLY cool

Don't worry, we have something really special in mind for the next album... :) This cover gets used now or never, pretty much...

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Smeagol

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2004, 10:56:35 pm »
Don't worry, we have something really special in mind for the next album... :)

Is it a super fun happy slide?! :o