Author Topic: What scares you?  (Read 10097 times)

chompy

Re:What scares you?
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2004, 07:37:23 am »
The thing that scares(more like not really like) me would be standing up in one spot for long periods of time, probably about 2 hours. I hate it. I need to walk around or sit down, do something active. That and ill aired places that are very humid and warm, think a small bookstore or a small hobby shop. Not saying that I wount go in, just not for too long.

Offline XoR

• Por Que, Dios!?
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2004, 07:40:28 pm »
People. Plain and simple. People scare the hell outta me.

And Air Ducts, though I can't remember why.
Shut up, I'm awesome.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2004, 08:35:32 pm »
The thing that scares(more like not really like) me would be standing up in one spot for long periods of time, probably about 2 hours. I hate it. I need to walk around or sit down, do something active. That and ill aired places that are very humid and warm, think a small bookstore or a small hobby shop. Not saying that I wount go in, just not for too long.

I can't cope with standing still for more than a few minutes. Humans were never designed to stand still, if we were it would be comfortable. So why do tour-guides and teachers and other associated assholes insist that we do so!!

And I hate stuffy heat to. I do get scared actually: if I'm in a car (for example) that has it's heaters on for too long and then air becomes warm and tight, I get scared that I'm going suffocate cos I have trouble breathing in those conditions.

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2004, 02:04:32 am »
I'm really afraid of being rejected by anyone. I'm obsessive over my appearence and manners to try to stop this from happening.
Also because of this, I always try to be accomodating to other people. I know how much it hurts for me to be rejected, so I've become really friendly as a result.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2004, 03:38:14 am »
Laser: Society is the idea of doing unnatural things for the benefit of humankind, so doing something unnatural would be quite normal (okay, it's not very well-phrased, that sentence, but I hope you get the idea).

I can't see the benefit to society of you standing still, though...dicipline, maybe...I don't like dicipline...
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2004, 03:46:37 am »
Laser: Society is the idea of doing unnatural things for the benefit of humankind, so doing something unnatural would be quite normal (okay, it's not very well-phrased, that sentence, but I hope you get the idea).

I can't see the benefit to society of you standing still, though...dicipline, maybe...I don't like dicipline...

Well, whether it benefits humankind in any way or not, I don't care; I don't like it. And society can go screw itself if it requires me to stand still for excessive amounts of time.

Plus, I think by my first post in this thread it should be clear that I shy away from 'society'.

chompy

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2004, 01:27:52 pm »

I can't cope with standing still for more than a few minutes. Humans were never designed to stand still, if we were it would be comfortable. So why do tour-guides and teachers and other associated assholes insist that we do so!!

I remember at the end of year 6 at school they had a mass and stuff and I wanst fealing too good. Guess what I had to stand up with everyone else for about 2 hours in the same spot.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2004, 08:26:08 pm »
Another example of teacher-inconsideration:

One time in year 3 or 4, I think, I broke my leg during playtime (I cannot remember how) and I never noticed, unless after playtime it was reading time and we all had to sit down in a carpetted area. But I couldn't - I tried to bend my legs but it wouldn't go and hurt. The teacher, though, told me to stop messing and sit down, and so, with a broken leg I did my very best to sit cross-legged and read a book.

That night I went home and told my mum and she believed me and took me to the hospital where they discovered I had a fracture straight across my shin-bone. So next time I go back into school with a massive pot on my leg, and the teacher never apologised. Bitch.

Smeagol

« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2004, 09:33:42 pm »
Another example of teacher-inconsideration:

One time in year 3 or 4, I think, I broke my leg during playtime (I cannot remember how) and I never noticed, unless after playtime it was reading time and we all had to sit down in a carpetted area. But I couldn't - I tried to bend my legs but it wouldn't go and hurt. The teacher, though, told me to stop messing and sit down, and so, with a broken leg I did my very best to sit cross-legged and read a book.

That night I went home and told my mum and she believed me and took me to the hospital where they discovered I had a fracture straight across my shin-bone. So next time I go back into school with a massive pot on my leg, and the teacher never apologised. Bitch.

heh, just like what happened with one of my friends last week!

he managed to injure playing sport outside of school, no note so he had to do Games, and then visiting the doctor afterwards, of course he found out what happened. he managed to permantly bend his collarbone. So, obviously, he made a formal complaint and then came in with a sling.... not sure if the teacher made him do it again because he didn't have a note mind....