Author Topic: What scares you?  (Read 8897 times)

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
What scares you?
« on: October 09, 2004, 09:25:23 pm »
Yet another 'personal interest' thread.

I'd just like to say out loud, right here and now, that I am scared of many things. Two are phobias, the others are paranoia.

My two phobias:
Thunderstorms - a mixture of fear and fascination that has, in the past two years, turned into pretty much just fascination.
Dead things - I freak out if I see anything dead. It's especially noticeable in insects because they die all the fucking time. I can't cope with roadkill, I wanna be sick if I see mangled bugs.

Other fears:
Responsiblity in relationships and jobs.
Whether I'm doing the right thing in life.
Other people's reactions to me.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
Re:What scares you?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 09:42:58 pm »
other peoples reactions to you? laser you suck!

(only jokin man, lub j00 really :))

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 09:44:41 pm »
other peoples reactions to you? laser you suck!

(only jokin man, lub j00 really :))

* Laser cries
then
* Laser  hits you with a trout.

lub j00 too.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2004, 09:45:14 pm by Laser »

Offline V-man

• .SID Vicious
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 10:27:22 pm »
The only thing i can come up with is that i'm afraid of heights.

well something that scares when i think about it is that i'm 20 years old, i've lived about 1/4 of my life,  my best days are probably over, and it has all gone by so quick.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 10:38:40 pm »
I have to go with V-mans "best days of my life is over" and las-boys "wether I'm doing the right thing with my life".

Oh, and ladders. Well, ladder + height. I'm not generally very afraid of heights (I have no problems with looking down from several hundred meters high falls, as an example); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES but if I'm in a ladder only a few metres above ground, I start feeling rather tense. Weird...ladders are scary...

And then there's Project Zero. Probably the most scary game ever to be made. I didn't get to play far, but it made me really tense. No "shock treatments" (monsters jumping through windows, trying to make you jump into the roof) in the game, just really great atmosphere that made me really tense up. In the middle of the day. With sun outside. Surrounded by other people.

EDIT: Just fixing some spelling...yes, I'm fixing my spelling mistakes while drunk...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2004, 08:16:37 am by Torp »
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 12:51:08 am »
Spiders.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Layson Juravis

• R.I.P. Max
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 12:51:48 am »
Meh, I'm 22 and I don't feel like the best days of my life are behind me, not at all. I had an incredible time in Europe this summer, and school in Sherbyville was great. And right now, sure things aren't as bright but it's a phase.

The so-called cycle of the working life is really boring only if you make it so. Heck, in January, I was working, and sometimes 50 hours in a week. But I still think, that, with everything I found the time to do around work and with the bonds I developped with the people at work, that it was an amazing time. I almost regret leaving the company today...

... but then again, that's another thing that can make today tedious. Regretting yesterday.

However, regarding the topic. I only have one phobia. Stinging insects. Bees, wasps and the likes. The make me forget about the necessity of breathing. They really really make me panic. It's the only true phobia I have. Other things can put me ill at ease, but the stingers... *shudders*

Layson
Another visitor...
Stay a while...
Stay forever!!

Mouhouhouhahaha

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2004, 04:23:17 am »
I'm claustrophobic (and also drunk)

but I think as my avatar says, "they shall know no fear" ;)

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2004, 07:47:55 am »
Space Marines are wimps. Fucking wimps. Okay, so it's really only Ultramarines, and yours seem to be those other blue guys, whose name elude me in my state of conciousness...

Oh, and I'm drunk as well...
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood

Offline Boaz

• Its good to be home with friends!
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2004, 07:50:50 am »
see i may eb young and still ahve the good days to look forward t but the key to not worrying about that is to think: so wut if they are over, theres nothing i can do about it, so lets have the best fucking time i can ahve right now!

me, uhhhh, heights bother me, but not so much right now, never been afraid of bugs or dead things, blood dosent freak me out, losing people doesnt bother me either cuz its not as if i can chnage deaths or people moving, i guess my only fears would be are ummm, stairs (yah i no its weird but just a thing ive always had) and the fear of disappointing people that i care about
The basic instincts of all guys in the wild:
1) Get big sticks
2) SMASH THE SHISTA OUT OF THINGS
3) Make fire
4) Burninate

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2004, 08:21:43 am »
Oh, I'm not saying my best days are over...probably, they're not. But it's not a nice thought...

My best days aren't over, I do hope. I mean, with my life having been as fucking boring and bad as it have been, I do hope not. That would be depressing. Really "kill yourself"-depressing. But I've probably lost quite a large bit of the "fun"-part of my life due to not having been among the "popular" crowd in junior high (and high school as well, I guess).

I'm still not in the "popular" crowd, I'd guess, but I really don't want to be there either. I want to be myself...I want to hang around with people who don't judge people on, well, pop stuff...or something. you know what I mean.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2004, 11:24:37 am »
what would you prefer? listening to decent music, getting stoned occasionally, getting completely drunk a lot, having big parties, (with decent music playing) and surviving the night, or:

listening to shitty cRAP music and pop and rnb and all that crap, getting completely drunk and then spewing all over the place like a scally whimp?

you decide.

My fear is not living a day to its fullest.. i always feel dissapointed when i did nothing on a day.. i always have to do something significant and progressive each day.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2004, 01:41:46 pm »
Oh, I'm not saying my best days are over...probably, they're not. But it's not a nice thought...

My best days aren't over, I do hope. I mean, with my life having been as fucking boring and bad as it have been, I do hope not. That would be depressing. Really "kill yourself"-depressing. But I've probably lost quite a large bit of the "fun"-part of my life due to not having been among the "popular" crowd in junior high (and high school as well, I guess).

I'm still not in the "popular" crowd, I'd guess, but I really don't want to be there either. I want to be myself...I want to hang around with people who don't judge people on, well, pop stuff...or something. you know what I mean.

I totally know what you mean :(

MDX

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2004, 02:13:01 pm »
Tbh im hurt, nobody has even MENTIONED my name in their list of fears yet.. *sniff*

What scares me.

- Well i have MAJOR self-worth issues, and i  can either thank ALL the girls from my past, each of which have cheated on me in both twisted and repeated ways; gets more interesting everytime. Or i could thank myself for it, for not handling it well enough, taking heart break on the chin.. or whatever. I usually put the blame on them but i manage to swerve it around to me.. and thus you see how the self-worth issue works its way in.

- how other people view me doesnt bother me, much.. how i view myself is another thing; i basically cannot ever be happy with the way i look.. i hate it, in general.. i dont like my hair, my face.. my voice.. all of it.. my anything. Infact i may aswell just write the word self-worth and say "discuss". All my fears tie back into that. Most of them..

- Losing my brother, not of blood but the closest thing ill ever have to a brother; if i lost him id be destroyed.. he's helped ME with way too much shit just to be disregarded.. not that i would, but hes a maj0r link in my life now.. that goes for a few other people too, good company helps the world keep going round.. its true..

- Losing my hearing.. maybe sight, both would be scary, but to not be able to play drums or piano/keyboard ever again.. ugh, its tough to rip such a burning passion from a humans hands.. in doing so you can well destroy them from the inside out, i dont know how i could deal with it.. all that one door closes another opens stuff.. fair dues, but i LOVE music way to much to just let it be ripped from my life. Hell no.

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2004, 02:55:55 pm »
Fears, hmm.
I think some things are a bit unsettling, but nothing that really freaks me out.
The most dangerous fear I have is the fear of heights, I'm not really afraid of it, but when I stand somewhere high and there's no or little security my balance gets weak, and that makes me nervous that I'm gonna fall just because my body can't keep its balance straight.

Then there's the "meaning of life" issue. When I lie alone at night trying to fall asleep I get thoughts about what I'm good for, how am I supposed to be able to make my life worth living. And why the hell is my brain so useless.
It's not useless compared to most people, but I compare with what I want to be able to do.

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii