Author Topic: Dawn of War!  (Read 5270 times)

MDX

Re:Dawn of War!
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2004, 09:36:25 pm »
arrr... *looks around* ...narrr

Smeagol

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2004, 09:44:20 pm »
goddamnit not again! hjow many times do i have to say we rob a bank then get one?

MDX

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2004, 09:45:53 pm »
a...a....

....YARRR! YARR!!! :D :D :D YARRR!!!

god how did they live back then when it was only ar yar n nar.. up until they began to use real words.. musta been so .. so... *finish this sentence im away to get pissed on townage w00t*

Smeagol

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2004, 09:46:29 pm »
unbelivably cool! :D

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2004, 10:01:48 pm »
As to be on topic.  I found just the video of the opening.. yah it was kind of cool when the dreadnaught blew awak the ork just as it was coming over the lines.. but I never imagined that Space Marines fought like that.

I always visualized them as silent and cold.  Because they're literally made to be killing machines and to worship the emperor.

I mean, I remember reading that something like eight hours of a space marine's day is spent in prayer to the emperor.

I can't see someone like that getting over emotional in combat.

Here's a cool tidibit though.  According to the lore, a space marine essentially has two brains.  Half of his brain at a time sleeps, allowing him to exist without actually sleeping...
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

MDX

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2004, 02:04:30 am »
Wow.. thats insane. I feel enlightened NAY.. more intelligent than 10 seconds ago.. 15.. thanks Bearfoot, 20.

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2004, 10:38:39 am »
Was that sarcasm?

*duh!*  :D
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

MDX

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2004, 12:00:40 pm »
nah im being sincere, used to be a closet wh40k megafan.. tis where the name doki originated from.. god i explained this ages ago but yeah, nah i actually said woah when i read it, so yeah =)

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2004, 06:01:36 pm »
As to be on topic.  I found just the video of the opening.. yah it was kind of cool when the dreadnaught blew awak the ork just as it was coming over the lines.. but I never imagined that Space Marines fought like that.

I always visualized them as silent and cold.  Because they're literally made to be killing machines and to worship the emperor.

I mean, I remember reading that something like eight hours of a space marine's day is spent in prayer to the emperor.

I can't see someone like that getting over emotional in combat.

Here's a cool tidibit though.  According to the lore, a space marine essentially has two brains.  Half of his brain at a time sleeps, allowing him to exist without actually sleeping...

o0o0oh you do NOT want to have a discussion about anything relating the the 40k mythos with me.

if space marines didnt show any emotion they would be little more than machines, hatred for their enemy and their bond with their brothers provides them with the emotional fuel to push themselves that little bit hrader in combat

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2004, 08:02:43 pm »
But that doesn't necessairly mean they scream and yell.. you can have anger without having emotion, if you get what I'm getting at.

I always saw them as more cold and killer.  But I must've had it wrong, considering the people who did Dawn of War had to have everything OKed with GW before they could release the game.
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2004, 08:47:13 pm »
its not healthy to bottle up your rage! theyd need marine pschiatrists lol

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2004, 04:39:56 am »
Started downloading it now...done in about 10 minutes, I'd guess...

Oh, I love my 100Mbit line, combined with swedish servers...speeds at 500kB+ now...
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic