Author Topic: A poem i wrote..  (Read 12974 times)

Smeagol

Re:A poem i wrote..
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2004, 10:59:28 pm »
No, Nothing, isn't about the end of the world. It's about pessimism. The title is No, each line starts with No. It's a reaction to my own negativity.

ok so i'm a idiot shoot me ;D (j/k, i've grown attached to my life) each line starting with no, it does instantly project a negative feel, no there's nothing, no gifts left to give, no etc etc, it rocks....even after i managed to mis-diagnose it

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2004, 11:57:52 pm »
I seriously did'nt expect praise. I don't consider myself a poet at all. I just had a period of attempts around 2000. But your poem Shade, is what I call a real poem. It looks very professional, really.

Smeagol

« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2004, 12:02:40 am »
I seriously did'nt expect praise. I don't consider myself a poet at all. I just had a period of attempts around 2000. But your poem Shade, is what I call a real poem. It looks very professional, really.

I didn't expect Shade to be called a real poem!

seems it's a tale of the unexpected (load the shotgun, just for the cheap pun). I really didn't think Shade would get that much praise (sure only from one person but i'm not fussy ;)) but.....hell...I mean,a real poem, looks very professional...i don't get it! I mean how? Again it was just something that popped into my head in the day....oh well, to quote Manson (the one for kid goths :P)

Sweet dreams are made of these, who am I, to disagree?

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2004, 12:05:30 am »
I have to say that every single person who's posted in this thread is fucking amazing. Kudos!

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2004, 12:07:49 am »
I noticed it's only me and you responding to each other. I wonder if everybody else is coming on and saying: "God, they're shit" but kind enough not to post a message saying: "They're all shit, especially Laser's"

Smeagol

« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2004, 12:14:35 am »
I noticed it's only me and you responding to each other. I wonder if everybody else is coming on and saying: "God, they're shit" but kind enough not to post a message saying: "They're all shit, especially Laser's"

For some reason....i don't doubt that logic

Person X looks at thread....

'Oooo many poems to read.... yeah....er,,,,passable.....oh dear god, Shitville!. 3 by Smeagol!!!!!!!111111111 crap, crap, insanely crap. Laser poems, should be better.... :o, maybe not'

Person X posts 'Great poems! ;D I liked a lot'

Welcome to the real world, Mr. Anderson

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2004, 01:44:45 am »
Naw, I'm just so self-absorbed I read my own over and over again ;D
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."